Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random visits (solved)

LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
Why do random sims just come to visit? They've never met my sims.

They don't come inside. It turns out they are vampires who just stand at the door.
Post edited by LolaLuvsSims on

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    You'll need your Sim to open the door and ask them. Hope you speak simlish.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    They might be the Welcome Wagon that welcomes new playable Sims to the town or just random walk bys that have happened since the first Sims game.
  • Options
    It's not the welcome wagon. I'm getting so sick of these people just turning up on my doorstep.
  • Options
    @lolaluvssims Add the "private dwelling" lot trait and it should stop most, if not all, of the visitors. You can still invite people over that you want to have visit. That's the whole reason they made that lot trait.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep I'm already using 3 lot traits and that doesn't really get to the root of the issue. Why are random Sims just showing up at the door? Sims my Sims have never met before shouldn't just be showing up on the door step.
  • Options
    @LolaLuvsSims, I get what you're saying...and don't really disagree. The lot trait was put in for the segment of the player base who doesn't like the random drop-ins, can't really blame the devs if you do not want to use it because you want 3 other traits.

There is a mod out there that lets you add more than 3 traits to a lot if you want to go that route to help yourself.
  • Options
    You keep responding @Stormkeep but you're not actually answering my question which was the point of this post. My Sims know all of their neighbors but the only Sims who visit are random strangers
  • Options
    @LolaLuvsSims only the developers that coded it can tell you the answer, but I imagine it is because your sims know your neighbors, they can call to invite them over. The devs probably coded in others to visit so your Sims get the chance to meet new, other people too. Though honestly, it doesn't happen in my game hardly at all. Only one specific sim who is a stranger ever randomly visits my Sim household (and I don't bother having them answer the door.)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'm having the same problem. and they don't knock, they just walk in. even when my sims have asked them to leave, there still there watching TV, taking a shower or helping themselves to my sims food in the fridge. My sims have enough friends, if they want to meet someone new they can go outside and do so. I wouldn't want a stranger in my real home, taking a shower, watching my TV and eating my food, I certainly don't want it in my game. and I don't want to give up a lot trait because of it either, it just should not happen.
  • Options
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This was a big feature back when the game was first released long before lot traits. It stopped sometime after GTW or GT, seems it has returned but I do believe this is by design. There were hundreds of complaints about Sims just barging in, but to the best of my knowledge this is how the base game played for a few years or until GT then they didn't visit as much.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    It sounds like a bug to me if it's complete strangers. On launch it was only Sims we already knew or the Welcome Wagon.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    It seems like they are vampires. I can't say that was true for every one of them but the last few were vamps. They just knock and stand there.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    It seems like they are vampires. I can't say that was true for every one of them but the last few were vamps. They just knock and stand there.

Yeah, vampires will do that. Having garlic in your lot helps keep them away.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    treece01 wrote: »

Yeah, vampires will do that. Having garlic in your lot helps keep them away.

I used to use a mod stopping vamps from randomly spawning.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 595 Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't have Vampires but in my game friends of sims just becoming famous will start barging in too, trying to chat you up.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    lock the door and wait for them to go away, that's how i deal with it. then again, i dont get random visits very often
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye