Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del Sol Valley Skyline???

Is this how the skyline of Del Sol Valley is suppose to be at night? What kind of fancy lot has a view like this? It's really disappointing and I hope it's not as intended.

T7NWV3D.png
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    This is the view I get from the same lot at night, there's something definitely going on there.
    cA4ANAz.png
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @simm621 can you check the lot in rain and fog? I'm gonna test tomorrow with no mods.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @simm621 can you check the lot in rain and fog? I'm gonna test tomorrow with no mods.

I will pop on later and check that out.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    @ChelleJo Also note that your screen is taken from pretty high up in the air, which rarely looks good from any lot/view, instead of seen from the ground. There's obviously something affecting your view nevertheless. How are the settings for how long distance you shall see etc? Not sure if that will affect the light/visuals, as you already can see pretty far ahead.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Ok, it looks to be weather related, reduced visibility.
    YwWltqd.png
    ZFEcLO5.png
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Oh it looks so pretty in the snow @simm621

It's spring or summer in my game so it's quite clear right now for me:
    wWRGD8Z.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    If Del Sol Valley is modeled after Hollywood, at least it should be good weather 95% of the time. :) I used to live there, it's the one thing I miss about it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @ChelleJo Also note that your screen is taken from pretty high up in the air, which rarely looks good from any lot/view, instead of seen from the ground. There's obviously something affecting your view nevertheless. How are the settings for how long distance you shall see etc? Not sure if that will affect the light/visuals, as you already can see pretty far ahead.

It's not a setting in my game. All my settings are as maxed as they can get, I have post processing unchecked and uncompressed sim textures checked.

simm621 wrote: »
    Ok, it looks to be weather related, reduced visibility.
    YwWltqd.png
    ZFEcLO5.png

Thank you! That's likely what the problem is, since it's been raining in my game at DSV for the last 4 days. I really hope this is something the devs update, cause while it's not how it looks always, it still looks really badly to me when it does happen.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    If Del Sol Valley is modeled after Hollywood, at least it should be good weather 95% of the time. :) I used to live there, it's the one thing I miss about it.

Oh My Gosh! We couldn't be more polar opposites. LOL I lived in Southern CA for over 50 years. I hate L.A. And, yes, the weather tends to range from mild to downright hot! I considered it a bit of good fortune if the weather was on the cool side and rainy over the holiday. We would burn wood in our fireplace and that added to the ambiance. But, nothing replaces SNOW. I live in snow country now and have been blessed every year for the past eleven with an honest-to-goodness White Christmas!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

Oh My Gosh! We couldn't be more polar opposites. LOL I lived in Southern CA for over 50 years. I hate L.A. And, yes, the weather tends to range from mild to downright hot! I considered it a bit of good fortune if the weather was on the cool side and rainy over the holiday. We would burn wood in our fireplace and that added to the ambiance. But, nothing replaces SNOW. I live in snow country now and have been blessed every year for the past eleven with an honest-to-goodness White Christmas!

Too funny that this response which you already posted answers what I just asked you in a different thread. :D
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I hate snow. I have had more than enough of it in my lifetime. I like to place my sims in warm climates to get away from snow. My favorite city is Oasis Springs for that reason.
  • Options
    @anthonydyer, Don't you wish we could customize the climate for each neighborhood to suite what we, as a player, envision for them? I know I do! (PS, I also hate snow...very much. I only moved back to the midwest because of family.)