Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Person Camera - Your Thoughts?

February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
Where do I find this option? I have had a look around the new features, but can't seem to find it.
MLgj4Vx.png
Post edited by February11 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    This is what is written about it in the patch notes
    First Person Camera

Ever wondered how your Sims view the world? Now you can play The Sims through their own eyes! It’s something you truly have to see to believe. The controls listed here provide everything you need to get started.
    Shift + Tab
    Enter/Exit First Person Camera mode.
    Left Arrow / Right Arrow
    Change which Sim you’re currently controlling while in First Person Camera. (For those with The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, you can even look through the eyes of your pets!)
    Left Mouse Button
    Interact with the world.
    Right Mouse Button
    Select the other side of doorways, walls, and floors. Allows traversal between rooms or across different floors.
    Shift Key (Hold)
    Control the mouse cursor while in First Person Camera.
    Mouse Look
    Move your view around, separate from where your Sim is currently looking.
    Ctrl Key
    Snap the camera back to where your Sim is looking.
    Mouse Wheel
    Adjust the Field of View settings (useful if you experience motion sickness.)
  • Options
    Thanks rose, I was about to Google it. I should have done that before starting this thread, so have altered the title to get feedback on what other people thoughts are on this new feature.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    I find it quite intriguing! Will take some getting used to but I think it will be awwwsoommee!
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Love it! It's such a different perspective from any other sims series!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Whoa! When I first did shift + Tab I got a view I wasn't expecting, and it wasn't from my sims point of view, so I hit esc, and hit shift tab (without the +) and got my sims point of view. Great fun, she was working out on the treadmill and watching herself in the mirror.
    I'm going to have a lot of fun with this, once I get used to what buttons I have to press to control things.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    I was feeling pretty indifferent about the feature, but after using it a little bit and having lots of fun, I love it. I still don't think I'll use it often, but I like the unique screenshots you can get with it and sometimes cute or funny things happen.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like when they go in for a kiss :D
    I thought we might be able still to control what the particular sim you're seeing through the eyes of's doing, but it seems like in that mode they act on free will - or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT - okay, sorted that one out with a left click.
    Now, what keyboard button do you hit for pausing the game, as in that mode you can't just pause willy-nilly
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    LOVE IT!
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Whoa! When I first did shift + Tab I got a view I wasn't expecting, and it wasn't from my sims point of view, so I hit esc, and hit shift tab (without the +) and got my sims point of view. Great fun, she was working out on the treadmill and watching herself in the mirror.
    I'm going to have a lot of fun with this, once I get used to what buttons I have to press to control things.

You weren't supposed to press +. That just meant shift and tab
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I love it!!!

It really adds to immersion. It's faster than using tab alone for getting a view inside with walls up.

The only thing is I wish there was less side-to-side motion. I hope that can be tweaked in a future update. Other than that, it's awesome. I now see why a game changer raved about it, because at least for me, it is more impactful than I thought it would be.

• Options
    Saunta2 wrote: »

You weren't supposed to press +. That just meant shift and tab
    Yes, I realized that. I took it literally :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I love it!!!

It really adds to immersion. It's faster than using tab alone for getting a view inside with walls up.

The only thing is I wish there was less side-to-side motion. I hope that can be tweaked in a future update. Other than that, it's awesome. I now see why a game changer raved about it, because at least for me, it is more impactful than I thought it would be.

So, that's what you do to see inside a room with all walls up. I wish I'd known that from the beginning. I've always hit ctrl w to get to look inside!

MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I can see the point perhaps for game changers and those who take pics and videos. For me, I'm sorry I don't see the point in game play and do not love it, there are also no instructions in the game or knowledge of how to do it so those who are not on the forum or twitter will have no clue that it is even there.
    I would think a lot of coding had to go into this, it makes me think EA is trying to compete with first person adventure games but it does not really fit here past the novelty?
    Sorry if this sounds negative, just being honest. I would rather effort of this scale had been put toward game play creativity (ie, the new career even being able to edit swatches in designing for the game, it would limit it to being in that career for it to happen but it would be there, or freeing babies perhaps).
    I like seeing the sims I created to play, seeing through their eyes was too much motion and was limited by the height of the toddler, dog and sim that i played trying it.
  • Options
    ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2018
    Getting around is okay and easy enough to get the hang of.
    Camera angles for storytelling are great too and I love being my sim and being able to be inside my shower and pool etc. I still haven't played around with it that much becAUSE..
    You know how when your sim is standing still, they swivel their heads around? That still happens when you're in first person POV which is kinda really annoying because I want to have full control of where my sim is looking if I'm them. So she'll just keep looking to the left and right when I don't want to look over there. It also kind of looks like her head is tilted sometimes when I'm looking around. Everything goes wonky, instead of being straight on like it normally would. I don't spend much time in the mode without exiting in between. I feel like my sim is about to fall over sometimes. I've got the controls down pat though. Maybe it'll get better. I haven't experienced any of the issues where you can see your own teeth and stuff, but I don't have any cc atm.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    I can see the point perhaps for game changers and those who take pics and videos. For me, I'm sorry I don't see the point in game play and do not love it, there are also no instructions in the game or knowledge of how to do it so those who are not on the forum or twitter will have no clue that it is even there.
    I would think a lot of coding had to go into this, it makes me think EA is trying to compete with first person adventure games but it does not really fit here past the novelty?
    Sorry if this sounds negative, just being honest. I would rather effort of this scale had been put toward game play creativity (ie, the new career even being able to edit swatches in designing for the game, it would limit it to being in that career for it to happen but it would be there, or freeing babies perhaps).
    I like seeing the sims I created to play, seeing through their eyes was too much motion and was limited by the height of the toddler, dog and sim that i played trying it.

SimGuruGhost actually did it on his own free time. :) I don't think he has an account on here though or I'd be giving him a hug. As I do a lot of storytelling, I've been really wanting a feature like this, although wasn't expecting it.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    So far, what I like best is that I can now get pictures inside small rooms without using tab (which makes the perspective funny). I think it will also be good for close-ups of other Sims.

Sending hugs to SimGuruGhost, too.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Cool, but it made me a little dizzy.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2018
    Love it, this is amazing, but I still wish I could walk my sims using the traditional w, s, a, and d keys.
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Just gotta get your sea legs. 😉
    Post edited by FreakAboutSims on
  • Options

Me too, now and then!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Screenshot of my sims POV as she died :o

2e3oagw.png
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Looks a bit twisted up from her angle ...

rs9113.png

MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member

With all things, moderation. Give yourself a break now and then. I'm not so susceptible, but I've been taking a breather now and then. Helps with the forum being so active today.
    A lot of times, with practice, your body might just adapt to it. Just don't try overdoing it.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2018
    Im not one for motion sickness, yet it made me dizzy. Not something Im using often.

I tried it while I had 2 sims make out and it was super weird and awkward. o_O
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    7WmHzk3.png
    Anyone else encounter this issue? Thought of reporting it to the AHQ..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    I think I am going to start playing all of my games in this mode.