Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop Making Cas Unlocks!

Comments

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Well I play multiple saves .. once I've done a career I might not want to revisit it for awhile. Does it unlock for all saves?
    I'm not up in arms against this system by the way... I just want a cheat.

No, just for one save. I guess I thought it worked like it does for career/challenge unlocks.
  • Options
    NoIdeaNoIdea Posts: 15 Member
    They could tie the unlocks to achievements and make them unlocks for your game regardless of saves or households or whatever. A cheat would work as well I guess.
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    @lexus20 wrote:
    "[...]I know there's a mod for that, but it bothers me that the unlocked items get a wrench icon as if they were CC when they're not."

Once you have used Fogity's mod you can remove it and save the houshold a second time. You will keep the unlocked items but the new household will not get the wrench icon.
  • Options
    @QueenMercy wrote:
    "I'm pretty sure they unlock by household. [...]"

@GrumpyGlowfish wrote:
    "Do you all know that once you unlock an outfit with any sim, it becomes permanently available to every sim in that same save? [...]"

It's neither save nor household, it is saved with a single sim. And it is "viral". If you add a sim that is, say, an athlete lvl 10 to any household, any member of that household is now "infected" with the cheerleader uniform. If you remove the original athlete from that household, the members still will have the ability to dress as cheerleaders.

They all now have the "cheerleader virus" and will give it to other households, no matter in what save you are using them.
  • Options
    P.S.: CAS items unlocked with Fogity's mod are NOT "viral" and can only used by that single sim in that specific slot once the mod is removed.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @QueenMercy wrote:

@GrumpyGlowfish wrote:
    "Do you all know that once you unlock an outfit with any sim, it becomes permanently available to every sim in that same save? [...]"

It's neither save nor household, it is saved with a single sim. And it is "viral". If you add a sim that is, say, an athlete lvl 10 to any household, any member of that household is now "infected" with the cheerleader uniform. If you remove the original athlete from that household, the members still will have the ability to dress as cheerleaders.

They all now have the "cheerleader virus" and will give it to other households, no matter in what save you are using them.

Sorry, but that's just not true. Maybe career outfits used to be bound to a single sim in the early days, I wouldn't know, but now, unlocking one with any sim is enough to unlock it for everyone in the entire save, even without moving that sim through various households.
  • Options
    @QueenMercy wrote:

@GrumpyGlowfish wrote:

Sorry, but that's just not true. Maybe career outfits used to be bound to a single sim in the early days, I wouldn't know, but now, unlocking one with any sim is enough to unlock it for everyone in the entire save, even without moving that sim through various households.

Unless my mods are interfering, no, it doesn’t work like that. I just checked and I couldn’t use the stylist unlocks for any other household.
  • Options
    Then either your mods really are interfering, or the stylist career is different, or we're inexplicably playing different versions of the same game. Of course, you'll just have to take my word that the sim I posted on the other page has never been in contact with any of the households that unlocked the career outfits she can pick from, there's no way I can prove that, but why should I make this up? That's how it has always worked in my game, even before I started using mods.
  • Options
    @GrumpyGlowfish wrote:
    "Sorry, but that's just not true. Maybe career outfits used to be bound to a single sim in the early days, I wouldn't know, but now, unlocking one with any sim is enough to unlock it for everyone in the entire save, even without moving that sim through various households."

I just gave it a try and it seems to be like I said. I added a sim with all costumes unlocked to my current game and none of the other households seems to profit. Are we doing things differently?

One thing I forgot to mention though is that you have to add the sim with unlocked costumes in CAS, it is not sufficient to add him/her using Manage Worlds.
  • Options
    @GrumpyGlowfish

Try this:
    1) Create a new game.
    2) Cheat Liberty Lee of the BFF household up to lvl 10 astronaut.
    3) Go to Manage Worlds and open the BFF household in CAS. You will see that all hosehold members can put on the astronaut suit.
    4) Open any other household. If it was a virgin game there should be no career outfits available.

I just did this and so far I cannot confirm your statement.
  • Options
    @QueenMercy wrote:
    "Unless my mods are interfering, no, it doesn’t work like that. I just checked and I couldn’t use the stylist unlocks for any other household."

The stylist career outfits should work if your sim has earned them (honestly or by cheating). If it is a sim from the gallery maybe it was made with Fogity's, then it will not be able to transfer outfits between hosehold.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @TopNotchToddler
    I did some more testing, and it seems like we both got it wrong. If what I said before was true, then any outfit I previously unlocked in my save should be available from the getgo in CAS, but I just started an entirely new household and couldn't find the unlocked career outfits.

However, all the other households I've been playing for a little longer do have access to outfits they never unlocked themselves, without ever having lived with the sims who did. Maybe the solution to the puzzle is that you have to encounter someone wearing the outfit to unlock it for your played household? Sounds stupid, but it's the only explanation for all our differing experiences that I can think of.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @GrumpyGlowfish

Nope, just tried that too... But if you play over many generations a single household will have any career unlocks their parents/grandparents/great-grandparents had unlocked previously. Maybe that's the case in your saves?
  • Options
    Can't be that either, I've never played generations... :/

This is getting really confusing. :D I am now convinced that a mod or cheat to unlock all outfits is needed.
  • Options
    @GrumpyGlowfish wrote:
    "[...] it seems like we both got it wrong. [...]"

Sorry to be that picky, but all I said was

1) Unlock info is saved with a sim (= single person household)
    2) ... can be transfered to other sims (households) if not equipped with Fogity's mod but earned/cheated
    3) ... is not limited to a game save or household.

@GrumpyGlowfish wrote:
    "[...] I am now convinced that a mod or cheat to unlock all outfits is needed."

A cheat would be nice, then we don't have to rely on the mod already available.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited November 2018
    It's so unfortunate that CAS unlocks seem to be the norm with rewards these days. This is why Fogity's unlock mods exist and the fact you can dl a Gallery Sim who already has them all unlocked and you can use them on your own sims if you place them with your household. You can even delete those Gallery sims after and can still keep the unlocked items.
    Is it a script mod?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish wrote:
    "Sorry, but that's just not true. Maybe career outfits used to be bound to a single sim in the early days, I wouldn't know, but now, unlocking one with any sim is enough to unlock it for everyone in the entire save, even without moving that sim through various households."

I just gave it a try and it seems to be like I said. I added a sim with all costumes unlocked to my current game and none of the other households seems to profit. Are we doing things differently?

One thing I forgot to mention though is that you have to add the sim with unlocked costumes in CAS, it is not sufficient to add him/her using Manage Worlds.

Maybe it;s more accurate to say that unlocks are tied to a single household rather than a single Sim; one of my Sims made it to the top of the athletic career and now his son can wear one of the sports uniforms for a workout outfit, but none of the other households in that rotation can access the unlocked outfits. If my teen Sim grows up and gets married, his spouse and eventual children may be able to access the unlocked athletic outfits as well so maybe that's how the "infection" spreads.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    It's so unfortunate that CAS unlocks seem to be the norm with rewards these days. This is why Fogity's unlock mods exist and the fact you can dl a Gallery Sim who already has them all unlocked and you can use them on your own sims if you place them with your household. You can even delete those Gallery sims after and can still keep the unlocked items.
    Is it a script mod?
    No, it’s a bunch of Package files (one for every item.)
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Is it a script mod?
    No, it’s a bunch of Package files (one for every item.)
    Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @stilljustme2 wrote:
    "Maybe it;s more accurate to say that unlocks are tied to a single household rather than a single Sim; one of my Sims made it to the top of the athletic career and now his son can wear one of the sports uniforms for a workout outfit, but none of the other households in that rotation can access the unlocked outfits. If my teen Sim grows up and gets married, his spouse and eventual children may be able to access the unlocked athletic outfits as well so maybe that's how the "infection" spreads."

It's true, that's how it spreads within a family/household over generations. But that's not what I mean with "viral". And unlocks are not "tied to a single household".

@TopNotchToddler wrote:
    "One thing I forgot to mention though is that you have to add the sim with unlocked costumes in CAS, it is not sufficient to add him/her using Manage Worlds."

...meaning you could at any point of your game
    1) Create a copy of your athlete's household (HH1a) and save it to the Gallery (-> HH1b)
    2) Open any other household (HH2) in CAS
    3) Merge any single sim from HH1b ("dummy sim") into HH2 (still in CAS, not by using the transfer function of Manage Worlds)
    4) Now any sim in HH2 has access to the cheerleader uniform.
    5) You can delete the dummy sim afterwards. Members of HH2 are still able to dress as cheerleaders, will be so in the future and can infect other households by repeating steps 1-5.

Outfit infection does not happen automatically within a rotation/game save. It can be spread to other households or other game saves via the Gallery.

P.S.: I found a fitting example in the Gallery. If you download the Maxis faved "Shaman" by user "lisabee2" into any of your households the members of said HH will now be able to wear those clogs:

WO128U7.png

EDIT: Image from Foggy Frontier.
    Post edited by TopNotchToddler on
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited November 2018
    Do you all know that once you unlock an outfit with any sim, it becomes permanently available to every sim in that same save?

Not trying to be a smarta$$ here, it just seems to me that some people don't realise this and think they have to unlock those outfits individually for all sims.

huh, so as soon as they get the CAS thing fixed, I'll make a sim, level it up to 10 in the fashion career by cheating, the delete it. Problem solved. I also thought it was per household. I really like the necklaces.

EDIT: Bah, I should have read the entire thread first. I guess the solution is to make a sim, cheat it up to level 10, add it to my household, then delete. Still very, very easy.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Do you all know that once you unlock an outfit with any sim, it becomes permanently available to every sim in that same save?

Not trying to be a smarta$$ here, it just seems to me that some people don't realise this and think they have to unlock those outfits individually for all sims.

huh, so as soon as they get the CAS thing fixed, I'll make a sim, level it up to 10 in the fashion career by cheating, the delete it. Problem solved. I also thought it was per household. I really like the necklaces.

EDIT: Bah, I should have read the entire thread first. I guess the solution is to make a sim, cheat it up to level 10, add it to my household, then delete. Still very, very easy.

I have several households with 8 sims. I can't really add a leveled up sims those households ;/
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »

I have several households with 8 sims. I can't really add a leveled up sims those households ;/

yeah, the only way to really do that is to use MCCC and allow for more than 8 household members. Then after you pass around the fashion expert, just change it back.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

You could...
    1) temporarily move one sim to a new household (in "Manage Households")
    2) put the dummy sim into the original household (in CAS)
    3) delete the dummy sim (in CAS)
    4) move the sim from the new household back to their family (in "Manage Households").

That way you won't lose relations.

If you use MCCC @Felicity 's solution sounds even more convenient.

Post edited by TopNotchToddler on
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member

You could...
    1) temporarily move one sim to a new household (in "Manage Households")
    2) put the dummy sim into the original household (in CAS)
    3) delete the dummy sim (in CAS)
    4) move the sim from the new household back to their family (in "Manage Households").

That way you won't lose relations.

If you use MCCC @Felicity 's solution sounds even more convenient.

that is overly complicated.
    we just need a cheat.