Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop Making Cas Unlocks!

I have wanted fingerless gloves for quite a while now, and they were added in today’s patch. Cool right? No! They decided that something as simple as gloves to be tied to your sim’s progress in a specific career. For most of my households, they might as well not even exist! Why can’t we have a cheat to unlock cas items like we can build items?

Comments

• Options
    KAALRATRIKAALRATRI Posts: 20 Member
    yea i agree its such a hassle
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I agree. A cheat to unlock all these outfits would be appreciated!
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It's so unfortunate that CAS unlocks seem to be the norm with rewards these days. This is why Fogity's unlock mods exist and the fact you can dl a Gallery Sim who already has them all unlocked and you can use them on your own sims if you place them with your household. You can even delete those Gallery sims after and can still keep the unlocked items.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Doesn't bb.showhiddenobjects unlock career clothes? I can't remember if it's that or something else, but I have used cheats to unlock them.
  • Options
    JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Ergh, no I'm sorry it's bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement :P
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Ergh, no I'm sorry it's bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement :P

That only works for build/buy items.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd prefer if they did it Sims 2 style and made you have to go shopping for other clothing items not a fan of having your Sim own every clothing item. These career unlock objects are annoying though so not something I will ever get to use since I avoid the careers.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    I don't mind the concept of having unlocks, since they give people with a more gamist mindset rewards to appreciate.

Having said that, people who like to play dollhouse or make machinima should have a cheat to just unlock everything without having to jump through extra hoops.
  • Options
    So apparently the stylist career doesn’t tell you when you’ve unlocked new cas items. Apparently the branch you choose doesn’t matter, so at least that’s something.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I just patch my game like 15 mins ago then went straight to CAS to find the new items but to no avail, I only found the jacket, as for the jeans, gold chain neckless, bracelet I could not locate these item and then for a second I thought the update went wrong but I was sitting in front of my desktop watching as it download like smooth sailing then I thought maybe it a career unlock thing but I wasn't sure, so I'm here then I saw this thread. This is annoying EA! Don't you think you are forcing players to play the career!

The Sims Game
  • Options
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    I just patch my game like 15 mins ago then went straight to CAS to find the new items but to no avail, I only found the jacket, as for the jeans, gold chain neckless, bracelet I could not locate these item and then for a second I thought the update went wrong but I was sitting in front of my desktop watching as it download like smooth sailing then I thought maybe it a career unlock thing but I wasn't sure, so I'm here then I saw this thread. This is annoying EA! Don't you think you are forcing players to play the career!

Here’s what they look like, https://simsvip.com/2018/11/13/the-sims-4-november-game-patch-overview-new-features-content/ if you were wondering.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Here’s what they look like, https://simsvip.com/2018/11/13/the-sims-4-november-game-patch-overview-new-features-content/ if you were wondering.

Thank you, I couldn't find the hat too :/

The Sims Game
  • Options

Thank you, I couldn't find the hat too :/

Yeah, it’s honestly really frustrating that Baby Ariel’s jacket is the only non-career unlock.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Don't really understand why they do this. There's a mod to unlock them but I think it's broken.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    vikixc wrote: »
    Don't really understand why they do this. There's a mod to unlock them but I think it's broken.

Nope! :smiley:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Agreed. Tired of CAS items being locked behind careers. I want access to all of the clothing, but I don't want my sims to have to go through (or cheat levels in) every career to do that. If it's possible, I think a cheat would be the best solution. That way they can still have their career unlocks, and those of us who can't be bothered with them can cheat everything to be unlocked at once.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The fashionable items shouldn’t be hidden at all. I get the locked aspect, not a fan personally, but there’s a problem when this content isn’t even displayed in the catalog. I had no idea that there was a baret in CL because I couldn’t ever find it, turns out it’s hidden behind a career. They chose to put all of the locked content in build/buy in the catalog even though it’s locked. I just think a little better visibility would improve this for players who want to unlock content and would honestly help in telling players that content exists.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd also like everything unlocked. I do understand some like gameplay like this though.. so I think at least an easy to use cheat would be good for those that don't want to go through all that to use it in their games.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    I don't think removing any kind of "reward" is a good idea, especially if the solution is that simple ( as @paradiseplanet stated twice).
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited November 2018
    I hate when they do that as well. It wouldn't bother me if we had a cheat to unlock them like in Build Mode. I don't really care if Build Mode items are locked or not since there's a cheat to unlock them all, but not for CAS. I know there's a mod for that, but it bothers me that the unlocked items get a wrench icon as if they were CC when they're not.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Do you all know that once you unlock an outfit with any sim, it becomes permanently available to every sim in that same save?

Not trying to be a smarta$$ here, it just seems to me that some people don't realise this and think they have to unlock those outfits individually for all sims.
  • Options
    Do you all know that once you unlock an outfit with any sim, it becomes permanently available to every sim in that same save?

Not trying to be a smarta$$ here, it just seems to me that some people don't realise this and think they have to unlock those outfits individually for all sims.

I’m pretty sure they unlock by household.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member

I’m pretty sure they unlock by household.

Nope.

outfits3ke1e.jpg

Look at this sim wearing an outfit from the top of the astronaut career, with several unlocked outfits from the GTW careers availabe to the right (and many from other careers that just didn't fit on the screenshot). She doesn't have and never had anyone in her household working in any of those careers, the outfits were unlocked by other families in the same save.

You can easily find them in CAS by filtering unlocked outfits.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I play multiple saves .. once I've done a career I might not want to revisit it for awhile. Does it unlock for all saves?
    I'm not up in arms against this system by the way... I just want a cheat.
    egTcBMc.png