Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop Making Cas Unlocks!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I have several households with 8 sims. I can't really add a leveled up sims those households ;/

You could...
    1) temporarily move one sim to a new household (in "Manage Households")
    2) put the dummy sim into the original household (in CAS)
    3) delete the dummy sim (in CAS)
    4) move the sim from the new household back to their family (in "Manage Households").

That way you won't lose relations.

If you use MCCC @Felicity 's solution sounds even more convenient.

that is overly complicated.
    we just need a cheat.

There's one other thing you can do. Take note of how much money your household has. Then cheat someone in the household up to level 10. Then cheat them back down to zero. Sell all of the extra stuff you got, and then use the money cheat to get back to where you were originally.

I agree there should be a cheat. I just don't think it is coming :/
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, I am not a fan either of the locked items. But since they are a thing and that won't change now, I would really appreciate a cheat to unlock them, I am sure there are items in the game that I have not even seen before (I don't think I have reached the top of every career).
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    MegLMegL Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there a cheat to unlock all items in Build Mode? I've tried bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects, but nothing happened. :disappointed:
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    MegL wrote: »
    Is there a cheat to unlock all items in Build Mode? I've tried bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects, but nothing happened. :disappointed:

Did you use testingcheats on first?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I very seldom use the clothes that are locked away. My sims are mostly supporting themselves by selling handmade stuff and having a decent garden. Also I don’t want my sims to become rich so I have only reached lvl 10 once on a career since I needed it for an aspiration. I actively demote my sims to keep them at a lvl I like. There are probably so many cool clothes that I have haven’t used simply because it doesn’t suit my playstyle to unlock them.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I do like a sense of progression in unlocking things in the game when advancing in a career and all, but I definitely would like a Cheat at least to unlock all the CAS items.

Wanted to have waiters dressed in that full body fish suit in my sci-fi resturaunt, but wasn't unlocked.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    The easiest way to get all outfits is "testingcheats true" then "cas.fulleditmode" Then shift click on your sim and modify in CAS.. Go to the gallery and merge one sim that as all outfits ulocked .. Search with the hastag unlocks.. delete that sim and there you go :)
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    MegL wrote: »

You need to use “testingcheats true” first. You can also use buydebug and then I usually type **debug** In the search bar.

And yes there should be a cheat in cas. There’s one to edit career outfits so why not one for unlocking all items ?
  • Options
    KUSHSIMMERKUSHSIMMER Posts: 32 Member
    !!!!!
    check me out//KUSHSIMMER
    3q7jdFe.png
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I miss having an extra special game unlocks too. The unlocks they have now really doesn't wow anymore.

Doesn't bb.showhiddenobjects work on CAS items? It's been a while since I've used that cheat code and can't remember offhand if that one unlocks CAS items too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    drakharis wrote: »
    I miss having an extra special game unlocks too. The unlocks they have now really doesn't wow anymore.

Doesn't bb.showhiddenobjects work on CAS items? It's been a while since I've used that cheat code and can't remember offhand if that one unlocks CAS items too.

No, it only works for build/buy items. If it was a CAS cheat it’d start with cas.
  • Options
    PlshelpPlshelp Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a shirt that I somehow unlocked in cas but I can’t figure out how and now when I go in cas I can’t modify it (change the color) or see it in the menu. But it’s still on my sim. I want to know how I unlocked it because I like it. I have a picture I took of the screen but I don’t know how to post that. It’s a polo shirt with a button up underneath (not the spa polo). Please help!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I know, it's so annoying. "All I want for the June patch is my brand new cheats, my brand new cheats, All I want for the June patch is my brand new cheats, so my sims can finally look gorgeous!"

To the tune of, "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth"
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    I specially hate how locked objects work in The Sims 4. I remember The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 having special objects to unlock that existed with a purpose. Not a simple painted toilet or a different piece o clothing just because of a career. They used to be game changing. For example the weather machine in the previous games was an a reward object wich makes sence since its a machine that can change the gameplay in a way that only certain sims with some abilities could use. In The Sims 4 the machine is in the catalogue and all the sims can use it. Instead of a new t-shirt or a new chair, this locked objects should be something meaningful.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I like the unlocks, but I do think that A: they need to be seen in CAS - I never remember them otherwise, and B) we should have better ones like maybe tied to the achievements. And cheats for those that don't want to deal with all that!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    here you go guys bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    here you go guys bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

That cheat is only for build/buy items.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    It's always confused me that they have a cheat for Build/Buy items but not for CAS items. I hope it's something they'll patch in.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.