Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Style Influencer Career

Comments

• Options
    parklife123parklife123 Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="aecollins21;c-16831531"]It's also telling me to "Check-in" at a gym but doesnt give me the option to once I'm there.[/quote]

You have to intersect with people on the lot, can't quite remember it's it's just 'discuss fashion' or 'interview sim' but that will work. I've just had this problem as well, they haven't worded the task very well at all!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Is my sim's style board not working or am I missing something? It unlocks right away but is apparently not usable at level one? Does my sim need to go to work first? It says he needs an impression buff to us it. Thought maybe that meant inspired, but apparently not. Can't find anything about such a buff.
    image.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @SimTresa I think the wording might be off but you'll get an option when clicking on art for the impression then you can use that greyed out option if I'm explaining that right thought I had a screenshot but I didn't.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @SimTresa I think the wording might be off but you'll get an option when clicking on art for the impression then you can use that greyed out option if I'm explaining that right thought I had a screenshot but I didn't.

Thanks, @RedDestiny92, I'll try that. Apparently the textile art from the Caribbean theme doesn't count as art, because that only got a view option and did not help.
    image.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Sure thing, I think the option popped up at level 2 or 3 first time I saw it, you can check the museum to get impressions I'm sure I got one from the dinosaur skull and one of the paintings there.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    when I saw vixella use this for the first time, she had no idea - but thanks to google.. If you discus outfits with sims (enough, sometimes it takes a few times) you will get a moodlet "impression" (however its worded) and then you can click on your style board and add stuffs
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    AileetaAileeta Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Sapphisims said:
    > So I'm having an issue with working from home. My sim has to 'sketch for two hours' for her work from home assignment, but no matter how much time I spend on the sketchbook object, it's not being completed. Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

I am having the same issue. I don't know what is happening >//< I don't know how to remove the requirement, either. I should have simply
    sent her to work but I wanted her to be a work-from-home wife. I hope maybe I can figure it out soon! I have tried everything except
    upgrading the tablet.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Are there any traits that are suitable for this career? And aspirations?

And how do you use closets to change outfits because when I send a sim to change, they just keep going in and out but never settle on an outfit. Do I need to hit cancel in a timely manner?
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Is my sim's style board not working or am I missing something? It unlocks right away but is apparently not usable at level one? Does my sim need to go to work first? It says he needs an impression buff to us it. Thought maybe that meant inspired, but apparently not. Can't find anything about such a buff.

@SimTresa You need to use your sim phone camera use the "Photograph Impression" to take photos and then click on the style board you should be able to add Impression if it doesn't work just keep on taking photos of things or objects using "Photograph Impression"
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited November 2018
    you can also earn the impression moodlet from discussing outfit interaction with sims, might take a couple times but it will appear and then you can "add impression" and your board will have stuff added to it - this can also happen from assessing art and stuff like that, writing fashion blogs/articles
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    what sketchbook object and what board?? please. does anyone have a pic of these objects please. Thank you.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    what sketchbook object and what board?? please. does anyone have a pic of these objects please. Thank you.

The sketchpad is in the Miscellaneous Electronics category. The board should be in the Miscellaneous Activities category. Be careful when you search for them. Since they came with the patch, you won't find them if you search by expansion pack and select Get Famous.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Molly1996Molly1996 Posts: 24 Member
    Is it similar to the stylist career in Sims 3? where you would go pick other peoples outfits?
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    What are your plans for the new Style Influencer career that will be included in tomorrow's patch? Do you have a particular sim picked out for the new career? Are you going to jump right in or wait until Get Famous releases so you can also work on your style influencer's fame?

Here's the livestream to review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH_zPqObYkk

Holding off on this career until I get GF. Lol.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    Aileeta wrote: »
    > @Sapphisims said:
    > So I'm having an issue with working from home. My sim has to 'sketch for two hours' for her work from home assignment, but no matter how much time I spend on the sketchbook object, it's not being completed. Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

I am having the same issue. I don't know what is happening >//< I don't know how to remove the requirement, either. I should have simply
    sent her to work but I wanted her to be a work-from-home wife. I hope maybe I can figure it out soon! I have tried everything except
    upgrading the tablet.

Yeah, my Sim has gotten this one and two others that are impossible to fulfill. "Check in at a bar or gym." I was excited about this one but my Sim is level 6 and it's just boring and buggy.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    For everyone having a problem with the sketch for 2 hours task, there is a bug thread on AHQ about this. You may want to click Me Too on that. Here's the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Style-Influencer-Career-Work-From-Home-Task-Isn-t-Working/m-p/7171137#M75774
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited November 2018
    The only issue I had with this career is that working from home with the sketch pad does not work. Otherwise I really like it. My Sim Blu reached the top of the career and works from home now all the time. Mostly I need to create a trend or give a Sim a makeover, which I do all the time anyway, so it was about time that I got paid for it. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I put Summer holiday in that career yesterday, she loves it, now she is always happy, I'm hoping she will soon be Summer Zest.
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    Is discuss outfit a friendly interaction? I haven't had it appear yet and I've been tryin! Also the sketch pad time at home isn't clearing in the work goals. Are there any good guides to the career and levels yet? I've yet to be able to find one.
  • Options
    Yes, discuss outfit is a friendly interaction.
    image.png
  • Options
    Is discuss outfit a friendly interaction? I haven't had it appear yet and I've been tryin! Also the sketch pad time at home isn't clearing in the work goals. Are there any good guides to the career and levels yet? I've yet to be able to find one.

The sketch pad issue is a bug. Repairing your game or any other tricks won't fix it either. My Sim started getting that bug at Level 5 or 6 so I've been sending her to the office every day since.

I hope they fix it soon. I really like how you can now create paintings on the sketchpad in less time compared to the easel, and the illustrative artwork is great once you get to a certain level. I sometimes buy artwork from comics artists so I really appreciate that feature.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I love the 'Infuse outfit with mood' option on the Style board.... very useful to get moodlets on demand. I also adore the different artwork available through the sketchpad.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    After long and hard work, my sim finally got the influencer perk. I dressed her up in all yellow clothes, to be sure that I would notice any changes in clothing habits around the community. And low and behold, haha, yellow is obviously the thing to wear now. Very amusing.
  • Options
    I noticed that once my Sim got up to Level 8 she no longer had to make sketches on the sketchpad while working from home. I'm happy to report that not only does she work from home for now no, but she's Level 10 +1 and on the verge of another promotion.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I put Summer holiday in that career yesterday, she loves it, now she is always happy, I'm hoping she will soon be Summer Zest.

@feetinstockings Summer took a liking to Johnny Zest in my game but he eventually opted for Zoe Patel.