Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is looking forward to first person mode?

Ok, so I have just found out that we are getting first-person mode in the sims 4. It won't be any good for me as I get really bad motion sickness but I want to know who is looking forward to it? Let me know what you think about it.

Who is looking forward to first person mode? 143 votes

Yes can't wait!
31%
IcewolfpoemetragurlVibsejoelygirlsims2mazhylissimgirl1010Aeroprincess87Elegantblkchina1Nivyxbulldog773SimGuruGrahamashcrash19cheesetruckRavager619Sonata13SingerfullspiralTheWomanMonsterkendallranLatinaBunnyBigCatlover26 45 votes
Maybe
31%
Akl500Phoneypooh1267davidp0418HowGreatThouArtTWSimGamer82PlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannIsb917simm621KartaiIrdiwenDJQ1308cchant86robyngravesJesskialejandro15039JennyggBriel24RamblineRoseSimplyTori 45 votes
No
37%
Cabelle1863dreamergrl84AprilDawnWritin_RegaaronrulzelanorbretonalexandreaBagoas77KatiardguezChelleJoyuppMirichatwilight_aerithtaydevspice3Llandros2012Kniga_Sitarafrogkiss1bixterscece15624 53 votes

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    There's another topic that is essentially the same as this one
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950569/how-do-you-feel-about-the-new-feature/p1
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    RustyCicuitRustyCicuit Posts: 49 Member
    Yes can't wait!
    Surprisingly enough, the First person view is the most exciting feature for me in the upcoming patch. Walking thru the lots build and checking them out, can't wait, plus is just plain funny.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No
    Nope - but it is good for people who use that and do videos. It makes me really ill to play any game in first person. I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it and had to go take Nausea pills they gave me for my Chemo. I didn't start back watching - just listened until they shut it off. LOL. But I do think it is a great idea as long as those like me does not need to keep it on. I am like the only one in my family who will not use it - so I know many will be thrilled. It's a Sims 1st after all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Yes can't wait!
    As I am not a big fan of The Sims 4 - I think it is a very unique feature for The Sims 4 which got me impressed! I hope they keep those unique features in future sims series (we all know we will doubt that will happen)
  • Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    No
    Good for those that will use this but what about those of us who don't? What the hell do we get? Lol
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    No
    I can't do it unless I want to be violently ill.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maybe
    Iguess66 wrote: »
    Good for those that will use this but what about those of us who don't? What the hell do we get? Lol

Terrain tools, a new career, a new expansion pack...
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes can't wait!
    I seriously think this IS going to be a game-changer for me. Love it!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    No
    I haven't even seen the stream yet but I'm already disappointed. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    First person

Confirmed GP7: Shooter
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    No
    I don't like repeating the same response over and over but there is my answer.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Iguess66 wrote: »

What did the people get who didn't want toddlers? Everyone's alive, all is good.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    No
    I'm not particular excited about it, but I think it's great for the people that will have a lot of fun with it.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes can't wait!
    Haha, @SimGuruGraham voted. :p This reminds me of one of my favorite versions of the sims on console. Can't remember exactly which one but I really loved the camera mode. I think it was for Nintendo GameCube.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    No
    No. I'm really upset about this because I had my hopes up for something big.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    No
    No, I'm personally not looking forward to it because I don't play first-person games. It's a good option for people that do.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    No
    Not really into first person games, and I don't think the game is really optimized for first person anyway, so it just looks off to me. Glad that others can use it in their games. It's nice to see the gurus voting in these polls :)
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Yes can't wait!
    I am always looking for good camera angles so that is what has me interested. I hope it helps capture my builds in a new light!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    Pretty neutral to it. It's kinda weird, seeing things from a sims point of view.

Yet, pretty funny. I think it's an amusing little thing honestly. Usually we're looking at sims and their lives from above or closer, but never their point of view, so it's strangely interesting. Sometimes I let the game play itself, so it'll be curious to watch a sim walking around and interacting with stuff.

@Iguess66 I guess continue going on with life and the usual when we don't see a pack or items we're not gonna like? :)

I'm actually rather excited for having sims being able to be self-employed since I have a lot of freelancing sims.

New career and terrain tools?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Yes can't wait!
    I'm curious to see how some of my recent builds look from this perspective.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    No
    Not even remotely, unecessary feature. Time would have been better invested optimizing performance, fixing bugs or giving us Create a World or something we asked for.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    Mystic2010Mystic2010 Posts: 4 New Member
    Maybe
    It could be interesting for storytelling... ;)
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Maybe
    Depends on whether it nauseates me. It's iffy for me... Most FPS games don't, but Minecraft does. Will have to see once it's out.
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    Trimoth wrote: »
    Not even remotely, unecessary feature. Time would have been better invested optimizing performance, fixing bugs or giving us Create a World or something we asked for.

The guru who did it spent his own unpaid time on it and he can spend it how he wants. But anyway I'm surprised people think the effort that went into this could have equalled CAW instead. Thats really nuts
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Maybe
    I'm more interested in a third-person direct control mode.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top