Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next pack is about ocean life?

As you know, the Sims team love to use a new realesd pack to give us some clues for upcoming pack. For example, in Cats and Dogs they give us the calendar decorations and the recolored trees as a clue for upcoming seasons pack.

Now, as I see in Get Famous, they are giving us a lot of clues about ocean life. First, the new pond object that allow you to stock piranhas and sharks and even jump to it. Second, one of the costume they presented on the live stream was a FISH MAN (that's how they called it).

Also, the new outfit that coming after completing the actor career really looks like a shinny scals pattern, totally gives me the mermaids vibes.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    That's a really interesting theory! I'd love to see an ocean life pack! I've really been pining for a tropical/ocean pack since the Sims 3!
    On a slightly different note, though, do you think cars will ever come in a pack? I know there's been denial of its foreshadowing, but there sure are a lot of cars in Del Sol.
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    whimreaper wrote: »
    That's a really interesting theory! I'd love to see an ocean life pack! I've really been pining for a tropical/ocean pack since the Sims 3!
    On a slightly different note, though, do you think cars will ever come in a pack? I know there's been denial of its foreshadowing, but there sure are a lot of cars in Del Sol.

Sure. There is a reason for all this cars and driveways.

I think cars will be realsed in free update, BUT it will be the same as the tobblers update and the tobblers stuff pack. After they'll give us free cars they'll announce
    a cars theme pack.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    That would be cool. Maybe even a tropical vacation pack with mermaids.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Maybe teh next pack will be a boat stuff pack.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    HopeCrash wrote: »

Sure. There is a reason for all this cars and driveways.

I think cars will be realsed in free update, BUT it will be the same as the tobblers update and the tobblers stuff pack. After they'll give us free cars they'll announce
    a cars theme pack.

I agree and I'm okay with that.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    Ye they could create some ocean themed pack sometime, but remember! Those teasers are not indicating the release time.
    There were hints about next games which came or still could come after a few packs they were hinted about.

For example, we are still waiting for the witches GP which was heavily teased in laundry day SP.

I personally think Univercity is the next expansion pack. I dont really care for it but I see the community slowly losing their minds about that missing piece of gameplay.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    But ... if an Ocean Pack is coming next, why has Del Sol Valley no beach? That's a little bit like if Seasons had been impossible in Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    The Devs know people want a beach vacation themed pack, however I don't think the clues you provided are actual hints. If the upcoming November Get Famous patch allows for us to swim in oceans finally, that will definitely be a red flag for an upcoming ocean type pack.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited November 2018
    As you know, the Sims team love to use a new realesd pack to give us some clues for upcoming pack.

No they don't.

How many times do they have to say they Do not hint? Any time there's been an actual hint they've let us know, like with the Dine Out hints.

There were animal icons back in get together, that didn't mean cats and dogs was next. People thought laundry day hinted at a magic pack next.

People thought both get together and cats and dogs also hinted at a tropical expansion since they had beaches, and cats and dogs especially had a bunch of nautical stuff.

The sad fact is they do not hint, and They say it over and over again. Most things are pure coincidence. Now the bottle from dine out was almost certainly a hint that toddlers were in the works, but that was an easter egg left by a guru who had left the team.

Could an ocean pack be next? Absolutely. Would i love it? You bet.

Add some mermaids and diving as well as house boats and you've got an instant purchase.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member

Cars for sure! And in Deligracy's video she mentioned how in Del Sol they have to walk a long way to get to the lot spawn point so cars would be really useful.
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Sounds interesting! Perhaps, it will be an island vacation, wildlife, or live in the Amazon...

But, I will be more excited if we're getting the University/Education pack..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    As you know, the Sims team love to use a new realesd pack to give us some clues for upcoming pack. For example, in Cats and Dogs they give us the calendar decorations and the recolored trees as a clue for upcoming seasons pack.

Now, as I see in Get Famous, they are giving us a lot of clues about ocean life. First, the new pond object that allow you to stock piranhas and sharks and even jump to it. Second, one of the costume they presented on the live stream was a FISH MAN (that's how they called it).

Also, the new outfit that coming after completing the actor career really looks like a shinny scals pattern, totally gives me the mermaids vibes.

What do you think?

Don't forget about the boat commercial with the ocean in the background.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

What do you think?

What I think is all that says to me is they aren't going to add any ocean pack. Once they do stuff in a pack such a decor and outfits etc. they have proven they don't go back and actually add the feature. Such as adding a pond objec that is stocked with piranha, and sharks just proves to me oceans aren't coming any time soon, if ever.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

What do you think?

What I think is all that says to me is they aren't going to add any ocean pack. Once they do stuff in a pack such a decor and outfits etc. they have proven they don't go back and actually add the feature. Such as adding a pond objec that is stocked with piranha, and sharks just proves to me oceans aren't coming any time soon, if ever.

It's starting to feel that way.

That pond, with sharks and piranha, that Sims can dive or fall into... it's just the oddest addition. It really feels as if the team is trying to fulfill the players' dreams of getting the Sims to swim, without delivering what was actually requested.

What is the value in that pond after Sims have fallen in or played with the fish once or twice?

Surprisingly, it seems to be a popular addition. So, perhaps it's me, after all these years, who has outgrown the Sims and doesn't find that kind of thing amusing or entertaining. The humor in the series used to be smart and purposeful. Now, it seems more gimicky. It's talking toilets that our Sims would rather speak to when there are tons of other Sims on the lot.

Maybe I need to break down and admit that the Sims isn't the game for me anymore. However the admission makes me so sad.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2018

What do you think?

Personally I'll be surprised if we don't get a Beach Vacation Pack since so many people have been asking for it and swimming in the ocean. I think it's a given. If there is no beach vacation that means no hotels and resorts either. I just can't see that happening.

SimGuruDaniel before he was laid off said that they could create swimmable oceans in new worlds but they couldn't update the ones in current worlds so if they can create them why not give us a Beach Vacation Pack?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2018

What do you think?

Personally I'll be surprised if we don't get a Beach Vacation Pack since so many people have been asking for it and swimming in the ocean. I think it's a given. If there is no beach vacation that means no hotels and resorts either. I just can't see that happening.

SimGuruDaniel before he was laid off said that they could create swimmable oceans in new worlds but they couldn't update the ones in current worlds so if they can create them why not give us a Beach Vacation Pack?

Because they just spent the money on a pond full of sharks and fish. It's like why would they go ahead and add an icecream parlor when they have already put the ice cream feature in a stuff pack. It won't happen in my opinion, but of course, they can always prove me wrong. :D

ETA: Do you remember one of them saying others do the things the EP or GP teams have no intention of adding to any EP or GP? Well, there you go.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

What do you think?

Small correction, he said it wouldn't really be feasible. It's possible, but he didn't think it likely due to the amount of dev time and resources it'd take.

that was a common misconception that they couldn't update existing worlds, except they proved that wrong with seasons but updating literally every world.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It’s kind of hard to believe they don’t hint when there was so much paw print clothing in City Living.
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited November 2018
    OMG yes!!! I think you might be on to something here!!! Pets hinted seasons, we got hinted about toddlers and as far as the no hint thing, i think they are hinting but they just can't say it!! And i'm pretty sure we'll be getting cars as well , they are hinting them everywhere!! I'm hyperventilating now!!! Super excited with the awesome build buy mode of fame - that pond is a killer (pun intended) - now you are getting me excited for stuff that might be coming in the near future!! Oh my swimming in the ocean !!! I want it so bad!!! I hope and cross bith my fingers and toes you are right!! I loved isand paradise so much , and really want to see a TS4 version of it or something similar!!! I love it when someone notices stuff like that , as i never do myself lol
    Can't wait to get my hands on fame to search for more "clues" *puts on detective had and searches for her magnifying glass - Pink panther music starts playing in the backround*

PS : i think though that we might get witches first as it was hinted longer ago. I need to try and remain calm :P cause to be honest it usually takes them a while and maybe a pack or two from hinting to announcing a pack. And i agree with Catloverplayer. We've been asking for a vacations Ep for quite a while, and they've proven they listen , so hopefully we'll eventually get it
    PS2: do you think we might get hotels and houseboats back??
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Resorts and houseboats were two features I rarely used so I wouldn't be upset if they didn't make a return. I want to be able to live in a tropical world, not visit.
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    I didn't use resorts ,much either but i loved having the option. And as for houseboats , the only reason all my sims didn't live in one was horses. I wouldn't mind it if it was livable either. In fact i might prefer it actually. That's why i mentioned island paradise it was a "vacationy" world but our sims could actually live there, and still had the resorts.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I wish! :neutral: I would love an Island Paradise-like pack one day, with mermaids and swimmable oceans and hotels/resorts and such... :heart:

But I’m pretty open to pretty much anything new. I’ve been wanting some school-related content lately, but I’m game for anything else. Hopefully some island stuff comes up someday in the future.

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I wish! :neutral: I would love an Island Paradise-like pack one day, with mermaids and swimmable oceans and hotels/resorts and such... :heart:

But I’m pretty open to pretty much anything new. I’ve been wanting some school-related content lately, but I’m game for anything else. Hopefully some island stuff comes up someday in the future.

I mean, if they’d already started developing an ocean life pack it’s not like they’d say “sorry Jim, the fans want University, we gotta scrap this.”
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    QueenMercy wrote: »

I mean, if they’d already started developing an ocean life pack it’s not like they’d say “sorry Jim, the fans want University, we gotta scrap this.”

Lol, I know, but I wonder if ocean content is high enough priority on their list right now. At least we got Seasons (and pets), which are major, popular themed eps in the past. I don’t know how popular ocean or island content was, but I hope that stuff comes out eventually.

I just don’t want to hype myself on vague hints, is all. I want the ocean and island content, but I’m shielding myself from hype-disappointment if it doesn’t come right away. :sweat_smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    simduck88simduck88 Posts: 89 Member
    I agree that CL had some Cats & Dogs hints and that the latter had hints towards Seasons. But has anyone found hints in Seasons that Get Famous was next? It certainly surprised me as the next pack.