Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next pack is about ocean life?

Comments

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    simduck88 wrote: »
    I agree that CL had some Cats & Dogs hints and that the latter had hints towards Seasons. But has anyone found hints in Seasons that Get Famous was next? It certainly surprised me as the next pack.

I wonder if that’s partially because people were already hoping for those packs, so a ton of stuff got taken as a hint. Get Famous might be a less popular concept, so people weren’t really looking for clues. I know if somebody asked me if I wanted Get Famous I might’ve said no because I hated how stupid fame in ts3 was. There’s been vaguely ocean themed stuff since day one, but people aren’t necessarily saying that they think it means mermaids, but apparently laundry day has a ton of witchy references. That could just be people getting their hopes up though.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    HopeCrash wrote: »
    whimreaper wrote: »
    That's a really interesting theory! I'd love to see an ocean life pack! I've really been pining for a tropical/ocean pack since the Sims 3!
    On a slightly different note, though, do you think cars will ever come in a pack? I know there's been denial of its foreshadowing, but there sure are a lot of cars in Del Sol.

Sure. There is a reason for all this cars and driveways.

I think cars will be realsed in free update, BUT it will be the same as the tobblers update and the tobblers stuff pack. After they'll give us free cars they'll announce
    a cars theme pack.

Maybe patch in a few basic cars then add more in a pack, like they did with Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff. I wouldn't mind a pack that would add garage type decor, maybe even the Fix-It Car like we had with the Roaring Heights world. Sims could build Handiness restoring and upgrading it, and maybe two Sims could work on it together and both could build Handiness at the same time.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hm, i was thinking about it this week, there are a couple os hints in Get Famous, as well as they added some beach related symbols/logos in previous updates. I think that we are going to get University in 2019, but i don't think its goign to be the first EP of 2019... A beach related EP would probably come around the summer time in the north, while University would sell a lot more on Christmas.
    But ... if an Ocean Pack is coming next, why has Del Sol Valley no beach? That's a little bit like if Seasons had been impossible in Brindleton Bay.

I remember when The SIms 4 was released, one of the Gurus said that it was possible for them to edit the 2D map of the already included worlds and expand the cities. The have been avoiding that, cuz it probably costs a lot of money to do, but I believe that just as they updated the worlds with Seasons, they will add new neighborhoods in all the existing worlds that have some beach spot. Oasis Springs and Forgotten Hollow, for example, wouldn't have a beach.
    That would explain why Del Sol Valley is smaller, why Del Sol Valley has a "beach" that they didn't use, as well as this would solve their problem of not being able to edit existing neighborhood water routing to add swimable water sources and this would tie with the theme that The Sims 4 has to mash-up all DLC together.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2018
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    It’s kind of hard to believe they don’t hint when there was so much paw print clothing in City Living.

They even hint in their patches. The background of Newcrest was a city even though there was nothing city about the empty world itself, complete with fake lowrise apartments near the lots. Out came City Living right after.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Just here to fuel speculation XD

OHrlx2s.jpg
  • Options
    iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    I hate seeing people say they don't hint, we had hints for Get Famous with the "Direct from the fans" mail clutter object and not to mention those posters modeled off of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn (forgot the actual item name - old hollywood styled thing). I think oceans are bound to come next.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    iBrow wrote: »
    I hate seeing people say they don't hint, we had hints for Get Famous with the "Direct from the fans" mail clutter object and not to mention those posters modeled off of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn (forgot the actual item name - old hollywood styled thing). I think oceans are bound to come next.

What pack did those come in?
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited November 2018

Just because a new pack is released does not retrospectively make everything semi-related to it a hint.

It doesn’t matter what the next pack is, you can always find something related to it in the current packs. It does NOT mean those are hints.
    It’s kind of hard to believe they don’t hint when there was so much paw print clothing in City Living.

They even hint in their patches. The background of Newcrest was a city even though there was nothing city about the empty world itself, complete with fake lowrise apartments near the lots. Out came City Living right after.

City Living was released a year and a half after Newcrest.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

What pack did those come in?

Honestly no idea maybe Movie Hangout Stuff? (oh my god was the movie hangout stuff pack a hint too?)
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »

Just because a new pack is released does not retrospectively make everything semi-related to it a hint.

It doesn’t matter what the next pack is, you can always find something related to it in the current packs. It does NOT mean those are hints.

City Living was released a year and a half after Newcrest.

Hey bud did you uh know that content takes a while to produce so if you get an idea approved you can still throw hints at what's to come?

• Options
    glm345glm345 Posts: 14 New Member
    The aquatic stage is coming after all.
    Oh wait wrong game. :D
  • Options
    glm345glm345 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @glm345 said:
    > The aquatic stage is coming after all.
    > Oh wait wrong game. :D

The emoji I typed looked nothing like the one that’s represented with the keyboard symbols. It was supposed to be XD not :D
  • Options
    LaziMinxLaziMinx Posts: 53 Member
    Nice idea! Another post was talking about royalty... Which would be cool but compared to this, I wouldn't care at all, I'd reaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyy love a pack like island paradise, I'm obsessed with mermaids and I'd really love them to add mermaids, I feel like this would add a bit of open world to the game, I mean a loading screen will probably happen when switching between underwater and land, also don't get me started on how much I'd LOVE resorts! This pack was my favourite next to seasons. It is kinda lowering my expectations for a pack like this to come out cause they'd probably make it a vacation world, but if they bring back resorts, mermaids, and let you have resorts at any world, I'm fine, Though I kinda doubt they'd add houseboats, resorts, mermaids all in one pack, and I'm not saying they're gonna make different packs for each thing, but a lot of sims packs have had only one major feature that they focused on, but I think resorts and houseboats won't have as much attention to detail as Mermaids, then of course there's the possibility of houseboats and or resorts not even being a feature! Again, doubt they'd not bring back resorts, because they already have the feature to own vet clinics, retail stores, and resturaunts so it's not like they need to create some new mechanic for it, but I'm not quite sure about houseboats... I don't understand how they'd get it to work.

Well whatever is in store next for us, I'm excited!
  • Options
    simduck88 wrote: »
    I agree that CL had some Cats & Dogs hints and that the latter had hints towards Seasons. But has anyone found hints in Seasons that Get Famous was next? It certainly surprised me as the next pack.

I was thinking that, too
  • Options
    Sorry for posting so much on this, But I just realised how houseboats could work if it is a vacation world, one of the neighbourhoods is a beach and the only houses available there are houseboats that you can rent, also you know how you could spot a seamonster in the ocean on a houseboat in ts3? Maybe a sea monster could tip over your boat or eat you alive, hasn't all packs so far added a new death? if they make drowning in the ocean the only new death in that pack (If it happens) it'd be really boring to be honest, I hope there's some kind of sea monster that can kill you in the new pack, maybe like you could with selvadorada people would tell you tales about a sea monster in the depths of the ocean when asking them about the beath and stuff.
  • Options
    KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    Mermaids??
  • Options
    Tigrebb wrote: »
    Mermaids??

Yeah that's probably gonna come, I can't see them making an island paradise like pack without mermaids
  • Options
    oh yeah, I think they've been hinting mermaids since seasons, I'm playing right now and doing flower arranging and one of them are called "mermaid scales" and there's a few other oceany themed ones I think.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If we do get a Beach Vacation Pack I hope it adds more items to swimming pools as well.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd love a beach pack, but it better have mermaids because I NEED more occults. I'd like to see what they do with the supposedly limited ocean swimming.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope we'll get boat. But for this we need cars before.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    EmweeEmwee Posts: 18 Member
    I wish I noticed stuff like this! I'm going to be scanning every detail now. I really hope it is an ocean themed pack next. I was so in love with Sims 3: Island Paradise. Though it was a tad glitchy...
  • Options
    Simmerific94Simmerific94 Posts: 51 Member
    I would love to see an Oceans pack next, with mermaids included. Witches tops my list, but mermaids come in at a close second. Huge bonus points if they include purchasable tropical vacation homes and an actual island or two that your families can travel to (similar to Jungle Adventures, which I adored).
    Find me on the Gallery! ID: ShinyTogepi94
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I would like to see this come into the game, swim in the ocean, live by the ocean, maybe this will make lounge chairs and strial stairs come to pass. Ive been waiting for-ever.
  • Options
    melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    I think the biggest hint with Get Famous is CARS! All the houses I've played with in Del Sol so far have driveways painted into the grass, and cars outside parked on the street. They're really obvious. I haven't noticed the ocean life hints, but I will look for them now haha
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile: