Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World, But So Much Empty Space! [Get Famous]

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    That's a funny pic @Chazzzy... so many blank spaces.. :pensive:

Yes, I do agree with you @happyopi that the background, the view... everything is awesome.. like the waterfall at the park... those details.. that is pretty cool!

But, I don't think it is about building a city... I can't say on behalf of the majority of the players, but I'm expecting more Lots...for example, the beach area is a cool place to build a house too.. :)

Exaaaactly. Wasted potential once again. Especially since it's a celebrity/rich and famous pack. Waterfront property would've been appropriate

Totally agree... the Hill is a nice area.. but, I think, the Sims would like to be closer to the water since it will be a lot of heat wave since there'll be no snow.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited October 2018
    The only thing I'm disappointed about is that there don't seem to be any new apartment buildings and the city area with the skyscrapers being not even available to use. Would have loved some nightclubs in the city center...
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I was hearing that the world was small but now I see the picture people are so wrong! ...It's TINY!!! I am sure they could have squeezed in another little lot in the lower right side. Or even some lots alongside the sea. I won't lie, I am a little disappointed as I feel like a little more could have been added and for the price of £34.99 it is a bit much for a small world and an acting career. At least I am getting the game at a cheaper price and is about right for what the game is giving me.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    The only thing I'm disappointed about is that there don't seem to be any new apartment buildings and the city area with the skyscrapers being not even available to use. Would have loved some nightclubs in the city center...

Yeah, I was thinking we'd get apartments as well. I'm a bit more disappointed we didn't get any beachfront homes. How beautiful would that have been? Oh well, I guess I'll have to use this world for my famous sims only or those wanting to become famous.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    That is sad. If the new world is supposed to replicate LA/Hollywood, their attempts were very lacking; if anything a world replicating the Los Angeles area should be much bigger and have more building allowances than previous worlds...I mean come on, generally speaking it’s one of the biggest cities in the world.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    For the recoed, I am disappointed about the number of lots, but I've yet to see the world so we'll see.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2018
    Looks to me like the non usable areas show the studios and just a bit of the city. It’s just the artist’s picture of our new world. Seeing the studios and city in the background will add to immersion.

But then there is the area near the coast that doesn’t appear to have any playable lots. That seems like it would have made a really great place to play and build.

But as for what you are calling out as “foolery”, I really don’t get. Worlds with few lots and a lot of unplayable areas is what we have always had in Sims 4.

Yes I prefer Sims 3 where the whole map was playable, you could resize lots and place new ones anywhere... but it was clear from launch that TS4 is not TS3...

The fact that most of the world is 'set dressing' doesn't bother me at all, but even the base game worlds have more lots. Willow Creek and Oasis Springs have 16 residential lots plus 5 commercial lots. Windenburg has 14 residential lots and 13 community lots. Even tiny Brindleton Bay has 11 residential lots.

Del Sol Valley has 6 residential lots. That is a pitifully low number even by the standards of this game. They can do a lot better than this.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Only eleven lots? What a joke.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited October 2018
    World Image
    DE2-ACBBB-334-A-422-C-A095-8-AFA36523-B09.jpg

Actual Buildable Space
    sims-black.jpg

All of these buildings and homes in this picture and we can only build on 11 lots. What is the point of all of the extra background lots and homes except for making our games run at a snail’s pace.

Can someone make this make sense? 11 lots in 3 sections but all of this space? :/

That is a lot of black space. I wish they would stop the foolery.

Not disagreeing with your point, but you realize that the 2D map is completely irrelevant, right? The artist just draws a map that vaguely represents the world. The actual playable world is very different from the 2D map and it’s meaningless to judge how much empty space there is based on the 2D map.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    World Image

Actual Buildable Space
    sims-black.jpg

All of these buildings and homes in this picture and we can only build on 11 lots. What is the point of all of the extra background lots and homes except for making our games run at a snail’s pace.

Can someone make this make sense? 11 lots in 3 sections but all of this space? :/

That's embarrassing
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I'll admit I am a little disappointed on the actual size of the world with just a few lots. With that being said, I am pleased at how the world actually looks (even though it is very small). It appears that instead of focusing on space, the pack is focusing on the content with game play, CAS and build/buy. From the review videos I have seen, all of the items look fantastic and I'm actually excited to use them and try out the new features. Perhaps a small empty world like another Newcrest could be provided with supplemental lots in the future? Maybe something geared in line with the new world like when we got GTW. Goodness knows we are all running out of room ;-).
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    11 lots? That's it? :s That is no where near a decent sized world. Why do they keep giving us such pathetically small worlds? I need space!
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I agree. WHYYY
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yup, that's pretty small! I'm a bit disappointed as well.

And only 5 residential lots?? Isn't that quite low?

I imagine the area on the corner with the studios and limos is supposed to be where the acting career is supposed to be. That means it will be similar to GTW careers, since you can't edit the lots...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    elelunicy wrote: »
    World Image

Actual Buildable Space
    sims-black.jpg

Not disagreeing with your point, but you realize that the 2D map is completely irrelevant, right? The artist just draws a map that vaguely represents the world. The actual playable world is very different from the 2D map and it’s meaningless to judge how much empty space there is based on the 2D map.

This picture shows the lots we can actually build on, which I would say was the OP's purpose in pointing it out with everything else blacked out. We can't build anywhere that is black. There is a lot of black space.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    Yup, that's pretty small! I'm a bit disappointed as well.

And only 5 residential lots?? Isn't that quite low?

I imagine the area on the corner with the studios and limos is supposed to be where the acting career is supposed to be. That means it will be similar to GTW careers, since you can't edit the lots...

Yeah. It's plum.

Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    11 lots? That's it? :s That is no where near a decent sized world. Why do they keep giving us such pathetically small worlds? I need space!

Wish I knew lol
  • Options
    And I mean in TS2, worlds generally only have a few lots, but it is encouraged for players to add more.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    ManakoHime wrote: »
    I was hearing that the world was small but now I see the picture people are so wrong! ...It's TINY!!! I am sure they could have squeezed in another little lot in the lower right side. Or even some lots alongside the sea. I won't lie, I am a little disappointed as I feel like a little more could have been added and for the price of £34.99 it is a bit much for a small world and an acting career. At least I am getting the game at a cheaper price and is about right for what the game is giving me.

I think disappointed is a good word to describe this new world.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    World Image

Actual Buildable Space
    sims-black.jpg

Apparently 4 neighbourhoods, one relating to fame status?
    According to Ninja
    https://simsvip.com/2018/10/22/the-sims-4-get-famous-sims-camp-developer-presentation/
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    World Image

Actual Buildable Space
    sims-black.jpg

According to Ninja
    https://simsvip.com/2018/10/22/the-sims-4-get-famous-sims-camp-developer-presentation/

Must be like Brindleton Bay where they consider that lighthouse a separate neighborhood... even though you cannot actually build there.

They must consider the bottom right section with the buildings it's own neighborhood... even though you cannot actually build there.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

According to Ninja

I think the other neighborhood is the studio lots for the acting career, but you can't edit it or change it to anything else.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @HueyJefe wrote: »
    World Image

Actual Buildable Space
    sims-black.jpg

This picture shows the lots we can actually build on, which I would say was the OP's purpose in pointing it out with everything else blacked out. We can't build anywhere that is black. There is a lot of black space.

That’s exactly my point. The black space on the map means absolutely nothing because the 2D map is just a drawing, nothing more. It never accurately represents the world and you can’t judge how much space there is based on the 2D map.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    @HueyJefe wrote: »
    World Image

Actual Buildable Space
    sims-black.jpg

That’s exactly my point. The black space on the map means absolutely nothing because the 2D map is just a drawing, nothing more. It never accurately represents the world and you can’t judge how much space there is based on the 2D map.

We know how much space it is. Enough space for 1 fake neighborhood and 3 actual neighborhoods which include 11 lots. Only 11 lots.

11 lots is lacking in my opinion. They could do better
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    As soon as they said only 3 neighborhoods I knew it was going to be small, but this isn't a world. This could have definitely been a game pack. I feel pretty ripped off lol and I preordered for $28. I can't imagine why anyone would pay full price for such a dinky little thing. Every world since get together is getting worse than the worlds before it...