Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World, But So Much Empty Space! [Get Famous]

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
World Image
DE2-ACBBB-334-A-422-C-A095-8-AFA36523-B09.jpg

Actual Buildable Space
sims-black.jpg

All of these buildings and homes in this picture and we can only build on 11 lots. What is the point of all of the extra background lots and homes except for making our games run at a snail’s pace.

Can someone make this make sense? 11 lots in 3 sections but all of this space? :/

That is a lot of black space. I wish they would stop the foolery.
Post edited by Chazzzy on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited October 2018
    How does the background affect how our game runs? It's just background. When you see "space" in a game, especially on a map, it doesn't mean it's unused terrain.

Your game runs as it does based on how many interactable objects there are, how many Sims are in the neighbourhood doing things, how many relationships are in your save, your computer specs, and the like.

How many lots we get ends up having to do with how many neighbourhoods are designs and coded. And that is going to have to do with how much else in the pack is being designed and coded.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    How does the background affect how our game runs? It's just background. When you see "space" in a game, especially on a map, it doesn't mean it's unused terrain.

Someone thought it was a good idea to spend their time working on unusable terrain instead of making more lots for us to be able to build on.

I don’t get it.

What unusable terrain? Where is this unusable terrain? Terrain in a neighbourhood is either usable (not all use is for lots) or it's backdrop.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2018

Someone thought it was a good idea to spend their time working on unusable terrain instead of making more lots for us to be able to build on.

I don’t get it.

What unusable terrain? Where is this unusable terrain? Terrain in a neighbourhood is either usable (not all use is for lots) or it's backdrop.

90% of the green space we are unable to build on. Can you see that? Along with the bottom and the left at the water.

What is the purpose?
    edited October 2018

I don’t get it.

90% of the green space we are unable to build on. Can you see that?

That doesn't mean it exists as something that could be built on. It either doesn't exist as coded terrain or it's coded terrain that's part of a neighbourhood. As in the real world, there's land between and around buildings that isn't for building.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yeah, I am kind of surprised at how small the world is. But I didn't plan on playing in it since it doesn't have snow.
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, I am kind of surprised at how small the world is. But I didn't plan on playing in it since it doesn't have snow.

That is true I am disappointed as well that there is no snow.

There are not a lot of lots we can build on at all in comparison to how vast this shot is.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    In general, it is a nice World... but, yeah... With only 11 Lots... I was expecting more than that... Mirage Park should have more Lots of the wannabe Stars.. but, it seems like, if I'm going to make my Sims famous, they will only move to Del Sol Valley once they are really famous and build a house at The Pinnacles..
    OID:- x4m1r4
    edited October 2018
    xamira99 wrote: »
    In general, it is a nice World... but, yeah... With only 11 Lots... I was expecting more than that... Mirage Park should have more Lots of the wannabe Stars.. but, it seems like, if I'm going to make my Sims famous, they will only move to Del Sol Valley once they are really famous and build a house at The Pinnacles..

I wonder why the world has so few buildable lots. The other worlds don't do the non-buildable space to the degree it's done in this world in my opinion. This is willlddddd

I wonder why the world has so few buildable lots. The other worlds don't do the non-buildable space to the degree it's done in this world in my opinion.

I wonder why too... I'm expecting it to be full with buildable lots.. small, big.. or apartment type of buildings at least.. like the busiest world ever.. but, it is far from that... :/
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It was the same with BB, pff...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    It was the same with BB, pff...

It's a conspiracy!!

sims-black.jpg

I guess they figure no one would buy the pack for the world if this is all it looked like, so they throw in all of that background fluff as a distraction and to fill the void.

I wonder why the world has so few buildable lots. The other worlds don't do the non-buildable space to the degree it's done in this world in my opinion.

I wonder why too... I'm expecting it to be full with buildable lots.. small, big.. or apartment type of buildings at least.. like the busiest world ever.. but, it is far from that... :/

sims-black.jpg

For shame
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited October 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Quote removed}
    Anyway, I don't want to comment about the rest of the world (though starter neighborhood does feel small) but I don't get the complaints about the rich one size: wouldn't it feel less exclusive if you could see many neighbors ?

I like backdrop though, so I'm in the minority I guess.
    If I wanted to build a city I'd play SimCity, yanno ? I don't, I want to play specific sims in a pretty world.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    edited October 2018
    happyopi wrote: »
    The only reason I’m even aware and had made note of this behavior you display is because you are in the top 5 first comments in every one of my threads. Every. Last. One that I can recall.

Anyway, I don't want to comment about the rest of the world (though starter neighborhood does feel small) but I don't get the complaints about the rich one size: wouldn't it feel less exclusive if you could see many neighbors ?

I like backdrop though, so I'm in the minority I guess.
    If I wanted to build a city I'd play SimCity, yanno ? I don't, I want to play specific sims in a pretty world.

I just wish these worlds had MORE buildable lots. All of that black space could've had MORE buildable lots. I want MORE!

sims-black.jpg

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member

I wonder why the world has so few buildable lots. The other worlds don't do the non-buildable space to the degree it's done in this world in my opinion. This is willlddddd

Perhaps they finally start to build streets in the open space that a future cars pack can use? Was my first thought when I saw the video. Worlds like WB or BB are rather useless in this regard.

Perhaps they finally start to build streets in the open space that a future cars pack can use? Was my first thought when I saw the video. Worlds like WB or BB are rather useless in this regard.

As lovely as that would be, idk...
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Looks to me like the non usable areas show the studios and just a bit of the city. It’s just the artist’s picture of our new world. Seeing the studios and city in the background will add to immersion.

But then there is the area near the coast that doesn’t appear to have any playable lots. That seems like it would have made a really great place to play and build.

But as for what you are calling out as “foolery”, I really don’t get. Worlds with few lots and a lot of unplayable areas is what we have always had in Sims 4.

Yes I prefer Sims 3 where the whole map was playable, you could resize lots and place new ones anywhere... but it was clear from launch that TS4 is not TS3...
    When I think about the guru who said something like : ''It's a normal, sized world''. lol. Pure rip off.

LOL I guess they meant it would come with more than 5 lots, unlike the "mini" worlds of Forgotten Hollow and Magnolia Promenade.

I think what makes it worse for me is that the original worlds had a fair amount of lots but it also doesn't have a whole lot of wasted space. So it didn't feel like you were seeing more than you're actually getting, which is how this world feels to me.
    That's a funny pic @Chazzzy... so many blank spaces.. :pensive:

Yes, I do agree with you @happyopi that the background, the view... everything is awesome.. like the waterfall at the park... those details.. that is pretty cool!

But, I don't think it is about building a city... I can't say on behalf of the majority of the players, but I'm expecting more Lots...for example, the beach area is a cool place to build a house too.. :)
    Looks to me like the non usable areas show the studios and just a bit of the city. It’s just the artist’s picture of our new world. Seeing the studios and city in the background will add to immersion.

But then there is the area near the coast that doesn’t appear to have any playable lots. That seems like it would have made a really great place to play and build.

But as for what you are calling out as “foolery”, I really don’t get. Worlds with few lots and a lot of unplayable areas is what we have always had in Sims 4.

Yes I prefer Sims 3 where the whole map was playable, you could resize lots and place new ones anywhere... but it was clear from launch that TS4 is not TS3...

I'd rather not be teased with so much backdrop of things I can't actually use or build on. I know a lot of people like taking screen shots of things their Sims are up to in nature but I'm not one of those people. So I would've definitely wanted MORE buildable lots over a pretty backdrop any day.
    edited October 2018
    That's a funny pic @Chazzzy... so many blank spaces.. :pensive:

Yes, I do agree with you @happyopi that the background, the view... everything is awesome.. like the waterfall at the park... those details.. that is pretty cool!

But, I don't think it is about building a city... I can't say on behalf of the majority of the players, but I'm expecting more Lots...for example, the beach area is a cool place to build a house too.. :)

Exaaaactly. Wasted potential once again. Especially since it's a celebrity/rich and famous pack. Waterfront property would've been appropriate
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I don't understand why there are so few lots, honestly. I really wish they'd release another empty world like Newcrest. That's not to say the backdrop isn't gorgeous, I love doing scenery shots, but I would love to have more lots.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    I don't understand why there are so few lots, honestly. I really wish they'd release another empty world like Newcrest. That's not to say the backdrop isn't gorgeous, I love doing scenery shots, but I would love to have more lots.

I feel like MORE lots would please everyone. People are always mentioning how they're running out of space.