Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World, But So Much Empty Space! [Get Famous]

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    I get the feeling they wanted to focus on the gameplay rather than making the world larger, which I totally understand and can really respect (other reports have stated that, outside of the world size, the game is pretty stuffed). It's just disappointing to have so few lots.

Again, I really wish they'd release another empty world like Newcrest.

Gameplay? How can you have gameplay when there is no empty lots for my own sims to be played in this game ep? I don't move out Maxis sims or tear down Maxis lots - I add my sims with which I play my game with by building them a home on empty lots and use empty starter homes. Where are all these as I have 5 households of sims I have been grooming for for this particular pack. WHERE do I put them? Where is my 5 waiting lots for my 5 households ready to go into this game to use that gameplay? Gameplay doesn't mean a darn thing if the sims I have been working on so hard cannot be moved into this town to use the game play. They were not groomed for this new world for no reason and you think for the love of all that is good in a creative life simulation game that has been around for the last 19 years these devs would know by now how it works seeing a good number of them have been around since Sims 2. ALL the other games had ample space in every world for all our sims and plenty of game play. SORT of a THE SIMS requirement - correct me if I am wrong.

HOW many times do they need to be asked over and over by players for lots for our sims. EVERY single pack apparently is not enough.

If my sims cannot play in this world due to lack of available space for them - why on earth would I spend 40 dollars on this world and its gameplay?

This is not a video or movie I am buying to watch - it is a game I should be able to play in like I have always played in the Sims game since November of 1999.

I think tearing down the boring premade houses and building your own ones is a major purpose of this entire game. 5 empty lots in one world cannot be expected in this iteration - or the world would be half empty and players would again be angry.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I think tearing down the boring premade houses and building your own ones is a major purpose of this entire game. 5 empty lots in one world cannot be expected in this iteration - or the world would be half empty and players would again be angry.

^ Word. If you're not gonna play the premades or use their house, bulldoze it, or what's the point ? You already have backdrops for atmosphere.
    I am still not done building everything in my main save, and I'm kinda happy I don't have to do it more. That one almost empty neighborhood in Brindleton Bay haunts me.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @fadingaudio: those who get this EP can play it like it is in real life: those who can't afford housing near their jobs have to spend all their free time & money commuting. :/

Fwiw, the lots are big enough to build trailer parks; just lock the appropriate doors to keep each HH in its own trailer.

maybe, but I grew up in a trailer park lol and the lots for your trailer are REALLY tiny. So they could have just made 6-8 20x15s it'd have been much more realistic. Then again I'm all about functionality. I don't like making multi residences without any help from the game to keep them separate.

I would have loved that much better to be honest.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sounds like another disappointment to me.

'Here is a new world, it looks good but we cannot let you build on it because, you know, 'resources'

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sounds like another disappointment to me.

'Here is a new world, it looks good but we cannot let you build on it because, you know, 'resources'

:disappointed:

Yeah.. I was pretty optimistic with this game because of terrain tools but now it's a huge step back...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    I get the feeling they wanted to focus on the gameplay rather than making the world larger, which I totally understand and can really respect (other reports have stated that, outside of the world size, the game is pretty stuffed). It's just disappointing to have so few lots.

Gameplay? How can you have gameplay when there is no empty lots for my own sims to be played in this game ep? I don't move out Maxis sims or tear down Maxis lots - I add my sims with which I play my game with by building them a home on empty lots and use empty starter homes. Where are all these as I have 5 households of sims I have been grooming for for this particular pack. WHERE do I put them? Where is my 5 waiting lots for my 5 households ready to go into this game to use that gameplay? Gameplay doesn't mean a darn thing if the sims I have been working on so hard cannot be moved into this town to use the game play. They were not groomed for this new world for no reason and you think for the love of all that is good in a creative life simulation game that has been around for the last 19 years these devs would know by now how it works seeing a good number of them have been around since Sims 2. ALL the other games had ample space in every world for all our sims and plenty of game play. SORT of a THE SIMS requirement - correct me if I am wrong.

HOW many times do they need to be asked over and over by players for lots for our sims. EVERY single pack apparently is not enough.

If my sims cannot play in this world due to lack of available space for them - why on earth would I spend 40 dollars on this world and its gameplay?

This is not a video or movie I am buying to watch - it is a game I should be able to play in like I have always played in the Sims game since November of 1999.

Wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen a message like this from you 😂😂

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018

I have never had to tear down Maxis houses or get rid of the Maxis sims in any sims game to play my sim - it is not the way I play I leave the Maxis sims in what ever house they are in and use the lots without any Maxis sims. Yes I do transform the empty starters completely and build on the empty ones - but from what I see there is one empty and 1 empty starter house. Do they really expect in a game where rotating households is supported that we just play two households?

They could have easily removed the sightseeing tour on the beach and put lots empty there. Or perhaps put the venues there and left the 5 lots empty where they put the venues. It is not hard coming from someone who has made many worlds over my simming history and helped many other simmers making their worlds. I highly doubt there would be this much anger if there were at least 5 more empty lots for players to build on or add houses from the gallery on.

Great new terrain tools and no empty lots to work with as many others do not relish tearing everything down either - some do and some don't - but in this case we don't have the option. I pay 40 bucks for something - hey I want options.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Thank's for expressing what a lot of simmers are feeling now. Hope they see this, cause they know we want more lots and not more backdrops.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    "The world is too small" is a legitimate complaint we players can't do anything to fix.

"Not enough empty lots" is not an issue with the game, but a self-imposed restriction. You have 11 potential empty lots, that's a fact.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member

I have never had to tear down Maxis houses or get rid of the Maxis sims in any sims game to play my sim - it is not the way I play I leave the Maxis sims in what ever house they are in and use the lots without any Maxis sims. Yes I do transform the empty starters completely and build on the empty ones - but from what I see there is one empty and 1 empty starter house. Do they really expect in a game where rotating households is supported that we just play two households?

I generally agree that DSV could be bigger, but I think we must say goodbye to the TS3 concept that each new EP brings a new world that is so big that you can move a whole bunch of families in without throwing out the premades. This was so in TS3 because you had to play in only one world, but in TS4 all pack worlds form one big world and we should find enough place for everybody.
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member

I always tear down the houses and get new ones for some of the NPC that I plan on keeping in my game. There are some NPC that just don't work with what I am planning for that particular character so bye bye they go along with the houses. I even tear down the premade libraries etc.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    "The world is too small" is a legitimate complaint we players can't do anything to fix.

"Not enough empty lots" is not an issue with the game, but a self-imposed restriction. You have 11 potential empty lots, that's a fact.

11 isn't enough empty lots either. So even if you bulldozed every single one and built them up it's still not enough especially if you want a good balance of residential and commercial. The complaint is really the same either way.
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @fadingaudio: those who get this EP can play it like it is in real life: those who can't afford housing near their jobs have to spend all their free time & money commuting. :/

Fwiw, the lots are big enough to build trailer parks; just lock the appropriate doors to keep each HH in its own trailer.

maybe, but I grew up in a trailer park lol and the lots for your trailer are REALLY tiny. So they could have just made 6-8 20x15s it'd have been much more realistic. Then again I'm all about functionality. I don't like making multi residences without any help from the game to keep them separate.

I would have loved that much better to be honest.

I think we all would have honestly I prefer smaller lots anyways. So for me it would have been wonderful, but yeah wasted opportunity I guess.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited October 2018
    If I were playing the game I would copy all the existing lots to My Library and transfer the indigenous Famous sim families and their houses to Oasis Springs and let them commute in. I'd put my own families either in their empty houses or build my own in the City. No problem for me. You have loading screens to get anywhere anyway.

As somebody in a thread mentioned before, make Oasis Springs the suburb for the Get Famous City.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm not disappointed by the number of lots. After all, only the very, very best sims will make it to DSV.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @Simburian: :lol: Nice solution! I'd still want more lots, but I love your plan for exiling the premade sims! That's what I should have done with Newcrest. If I ever start another game fresh, that's what I'll do! :)
    I’m definitely adding some famous sims to San Myshuno. Penny Pizzazz (?) will finally get the recognition she deserves (she’s in the social media career right?) Along with the Asian guy and his wife (I think he’s a politician). Dobo (?) will be a famous Stylist. And that trio of YA’s will be famous Vloggers or something.

Also gonna edit the premades from other worlds. The Goths, Pancakes, Langraabs, DelGatos, etc.

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I said this in another thread, but is anyone also feel like the slum lots are way too big to really big slums? Like those are huge lots and look more like for upper middle class than for people who can't afford to make their bill payment every week. The entertainment area has much smaller lots which would have been way better as sizes for the slums. It's just an odd choice for what they said would be a "cheaper" area, but those kinds of homes wouldn't be for those kinds of sims.

@fadingaudio I didn't notice it at first, but yeah, those are some pretty large lots if they were going for a "slums" type of vibe.
    edited October 2018

Wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen a message like this from you 😂😂

I guess every simmer has a breaking point - even one that has defended them so much. It seems this great big world had more than ample space they could have given us some of that space to play on and instead they left it to visuals instead. I guess it is the proverbial straw that broke this camels back when you actually look at how huge this place is and what space they allotted us.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited October 2018

I generally agree that DSV could be bigger, but I think we must say goodbye to the TS3 concept that each new EP brings a new world that is so big that you can move a whole bunch of families in without throwing out the premades. This was so in TS3 because you had to play in only one world, but in TS4 all pack worlds form one big world and we should find enough place for everybody.

I was not just talking about TS3 - I played them all and never had this issue - not in TS1, once new packs came out, not ever in TS2, or TS3. You actually look at the space they allotted us and then look at the size of this world. It is pitiful!

In dreams - I LIVE!

• EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    @Writin_Reg No worries, I totally get your frustration. I didn't think it was me you were frustrated at, so it's all good.

As to the reasons why it's so small, SG Kate took to Twitter, it's all summarized here:

https://simsvip.com/2018/10/22/the-sims-4-get-famous-simgurukate-addresses-the-smaller-size-of-del-sol-valley/

And, again, I would advocate for another empty world like Newcrest. If performance is a concern (and I can see that), give us something empty that we can use if performance allows.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I love the backdrops of this world, they are so detailed and it just sets the mood. For me personally immersion > number of lots. I always hear people saying they’re running out of space yet I don’t use even half of my lots. Not even sure how many we have, but isn’t it like 100+ at this point?

And for me, an expansion pack doesn’t get its value by number of buildable lots. I value gameplay, objects, the world is just an added bonus. Seasons didn’t even add a world yet it’s worth every cent for me.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

I always tear down the houses and get new ones for some of the NPC that I plan on keeping in my game. There are some NPC that just don't work with what I am planning for that particular character so bye bye they go along with the houses. I even tear down the premade libraries etc.

Which is fine for you but something I never do. Not ever in the nearly 19 years of my playing the Sims. For me it will be 19 years come November when I tested the first Sims game for Will Wright. I always embraced the Maxis Sims as my sims friends and neighbors - but then keep in mind in all former Sims game you risked removing any sims as even in Sims 3 it could easily break the entire save. You played like that because for years you had to - so you develop a stye when you play 19 years of the same series.

In dreams - I LIVE!