Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

fixed- old thread

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
44569122_179140433010217_8931370318639923200_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=6ab9e99c2cfe39557054980c1ee09b97&oe=5C576C88
44585394_179140446343549_3807144511088361472_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=e07ca6e14a8ba0bba79bb70c99f2a69f&oe=5C4155C7
This set of stairs has routing issues, sims won't use them.

I tried deleting the railings both upstairs and downstairs and the walls along the side of the stairs.And its still giving me grief.
Anyone spot anything that maybe I missed?

@EA_Lanna
Can we lock this as I no longer need help.
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• Options
    So there's something going on with the two spaces in front of the stairs.When I try to click on the ground I get a don't sign.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If you have NRaas MasterController and MC Cheats in play, click on the ground of the lot and NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory and select to flush everything that has the word "jig" in the name.

Alternatively, or if that doesn't work, retreat to Edit Town, evict everyone to the side of the screen, copy the residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it, and move everyone back in without having left the screen (note that promised wishes and opportunities in progress will be lost that way). Stuck jig objects, which are usually invisible, cannot survive that kind of reset.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor
    I actually gave that a try.(Just learned about the jig things from another thread I read last week) and I couldn't find any "jigs" on the lot.I'll save it to the bin and try giving that ago.Its a community lot, so my wishes should be okay(if not that's fine to.)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Unfortunately that didn't work either.
    Edit: And when I actually bulldoze the complete lot and try to place an empty lot, it won't let me.Says can't place on roads.However upon deleting the entire lot(even the empty lot) I discovered gems on the ground. I assume that may be the issue?
  • Options
    LQD7aTc.gif
    So I narrowed it down to these two tiles.Not sure what's going on, but sims can not walk on them.
    Even deleting them and replacing them.And its not the physical lot, where the building is placed, because when I delete the building and go to build mode, the sims can walk all over the empty lot.Its something within the build itself.Deleting the stairs doesn't fix it either.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sorry, I saw a bed up there someplace and incorrectly assumed it was a residential lot.

With all of the sims far out of the way (MC Reset the lot if you have to), can you get a DE Radius Purge to accomplish anything on or near those two tiles? Be careful (or be prepared to quit without saving) if the Purge removes more than it should. Like the staircase, although you could put that back, or something more critical.

If that's no good, back on the MC > Object Stats, there is nothing listed that just shouldn't be like more gems or a spawner? Object Info instead of Stats should allow you to focus on certain objects like that if there aren't multiples of the exact same kind all over the lot. And does buydebug reveal anything there?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @igazor
    That's alright, I thought it was residential lot at first to.
    buydebug reveals termite spawners and bug spawners.
    I did the DE purge and it deleted all items but the stairs and the two tiles are still unroutable.

Object stats shows a spirit spawner, but I can't seem to find that on the lot.
    Edit: Thinking it might be my save, as my sims are having routing issues everywhere.I can't even send them home.Might have to clean my save or start a new.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @Karritz has a tutorial video that you might want to try to fix unroutable areas that exist in a build.

Here's a link to her video which is part of her tutorial playlist. The lot is an EA build as I understand it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gsTdw-NF6U&index=4&list=PLFT4tKkKX8Wvc78leOoIOzOBOtemfqERG
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    @SemaviLady
    Oh thanks for the video, I will give that a go as well.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Are you playing in a custom world, or one of EA's?
  • Options
    Custom world -- Praaven.
    I fixed a lot of the routing issues the world had by rotating all the spiral staircases and resetting the arches.But this one particular lot is giving me grief.
  • Options
    The reason I asked is because the message you got about not being able to place a lot on a road reminded me of the very much out of place invisible road segment I found in a world from My Sim Realty. I actually had placed a lot on that spot in CAW, but when I play tested, a taxi drove right onto the lot to pick up my sim. I removed it in CAW by clicking where it was, then when the lines for moving a road segment appeared, I was able to delete it. Did you try starting a new game in that world, then placing a sim in the same house and testing to see if you get the same issue? If it is an out of place road segment, you can't remove it in game. It probably isn't, but you never know. It could also be some other world object that is hidden just below the surface. World objects don't show up in an MC search.
  • Options
    I get it in ever save I was wondering why sims kept getting stuck I finally got annoyed and checked and that's how I discovered that lot
  • Options
    I suggest you try saving the house to the library, bulldozing it from that lot, and placing it on a different lot. If it works there, then there probably is something in that location that shouldn't be there.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Is there a basement under that part of the lot? If there is, check if there is something placed below the problem tiles that could be poking up and preventing the sims from using them. A lot of objects poke up through the floor as they are higher than normal wall height. The Group Science Project, for example, pokes up through 4 levels - the level it's on plus 3 levels above it - this is due to it reserving space for the flame that comes out the top of it.
  • Options
    @Karritz
    There is a basement.I'm gonna try your video as well later on.I will check on that as well.Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I tried that, there was a light below, I removed it and still didn't work.
    Edit: I tried placing it on a different lot and it still didn't work.
    Edit: I even tried changing the floor tiles and stairs.Those two spots in front of the stairs just aren't route able for some reason.

@ZhakiraP
    I know you play in praaven.Do you have issues with this lot? Its the Blue flower Inn
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Did you watch the video yet and try using CFE cheat to 'dig' down and look around down through the hole. Often things sink below the surface. This makes them invisible on the surface because they are under the ground. I've retrieved all sorts of things this way. These things are not in the basement below. It's a different issue. You need to use the terrain tools to lower the ground level and look around down through the hole. If you find something all you need do it click on whatever it is and then hit the Esc key to make it pop up onto the surface.
  • Options
    @Karritz
    Yeah there was nothing there.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited October 2018
    @Springfairy556 Is it the inn that is not in a village? If it is I removed it because I felt there were to many taverns and I want my sims to gather.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited October 2018
    The same thing as @Karritz are speaking of sometimes hinders from the ceiling as well, in the level between the two floors and/or something on the floor above. Rogue ceiling lamps or objects reserving the place.
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP it is it's just north and kind of out in the forest.I had checked everything including floors above and below.I ended up bulldozing the build and setting the lot to no visitors allowed.
  • Options
    @Springfairy556 Did you find out what it was? There is a post on the world's test page at MTS (1st page, last comment), noticing the same thing, and not being adressed by the OP of that thread for 7 pages. I did not read the whole thing. At the last page it was found again, by a user of the world, but it seems the OP:s explanation is not entirely correct. But the links to the CAW-files were provided in one of the last posts:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=488232&c=1&ht=&page=23&pp=25#startcomment

Sorry if this is 'necroing' :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @Auroraskies
    I saw that thread, but I don't want to post on it, as its 7 yrs old.I don't want to get in trouble for necroing old threads.I also don't have permission to edit the world I'm using nor do I have the caw files.I just deleted the building.
  • Options
    The last page has comments dated 3rd of Nov. 2018 and the links to the CAW files were provided by the OP :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top