Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous and Fallout 76?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    LazyGamerLazyGamer Posts: 39 Member
    Both
    Fallout is my go to series when I'm bored with the Sims. I'm planning on getting both. I'm buying get famous on release and if I like the play throughs of fallout 76 by than I'll get it. Not sure what I'll play first. Probably get famous. I'll hold off on playing fallout 76 as I still want to finish Fallout4 :#
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I haven't seen enough stuff for Get Famous yet to decide if I want it (so far it seems like it would be a good gamepack instead of ep) and I'm unsold on 76 too. Like icmnfrsh said, it seems more like Rust to me, not my thing. I want a new fallout game but just not that type.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    edited October 2018
    Both
    As I play games outside of Sims series, I may get Fallout 76 after seeing some game playthroughs and that goes for GF as well. These days you have to be smart about being patient in buying games that gets a lot of hype and sometimes the game do not match the hype.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    Get Famous releases in the shadow of RDR2, so I'll probably wait until Christmas to pick it up.

While I am certainly crazy about my Westerns, the original Red Dead Redemption did nothing for me, but I have a strong dislike of open world games. The sequel is not on my list.

I'm sure it will still do okay. ;)

I neither stated nor implied that it wouldn't.

Easy, I was kidding. You know, based on
    how much it'll hurt them to lose any one person's business? :wink:
  • Options
    CazzyBatCazzyBat Posts: 21 Member
    Both
    Both :) That said, I'd imagine most people here would say Get Famous and people on Bethesda forums would say Fallout xD
  • Options
    CazzyBatCazzyBat Posts: 21 Member
    Both
    Super random but; I'm new here and it won't let me create a new discussion post. Is there a reason?
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Both
    I want both! However, I'm going to hold out on 76 for a bit. Other than the Sims, the Fallout series is my absolute favorite, so I'm excited to see where the wasteland takes us.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    Get Famous releases in the shadow of RDR2, so I'll probably wait until Christmas to pick it up.

While I am certainly crazy about my Westerns, the original Red Dead Redemption did nothing for me, but I have a strong dislike of open world games. The sequel is not on my list.

I'm sure it will still do okay. ;)

I neither stated nor implied that it wouldn't.

Easy, I was kidding. You know, based on
    how much it'll hurt them to lose any one person's business? :wink:

Yes, I understood that. I'm sorry that you got the impression I was angry. I'm really not sure why we're on round three of this exchange. It was simply an offhand remark. Your enjoyment of Red Dead Redemption is as inconsequential to me as my lack of enjoyment of the title no doubt is to you.

Perhaps we can just part ways with the mutual understanding that my intent not to purchase the title will not sink Rockstar Games. It was immaterial to my remarks anyway.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Both
    CazzyBat wrote: »
    Both :) That said, I'd imagine most people here would say Get Famous and people on Bethesda forums would say Fallout xD

That is true and I had thought of that before posting it. Was just curious as to what other players thought with some really good games comming out so close together. Red Dead Redemption 2 also comes out next month. Though @Chazzzy suggested I should've put neither earlier and that would've been a great option given how some players have opted to wait on Get Famous for various reasons.

I'm not sure why it won't let you post anything unless you have to meet a specific likes and response quota. I know way back when... you had to have so many likes and posts in order to upload your avatar. I haven't read the forum rules regarding this as I've been a member of Sims since Sims 2 but have played since Sims 1. There is this link on the forum that may help you https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1
    asesina wrote: »
    I want both! However, I'm going to hold out on 76 for a bit. Other than the Sims, the Fallout series is my absolute favorite, so I'm excited to see where the wasteland takes us.

West Virginia, but it will be interesting to see what they've done with it. I think the White House is in it.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    Not really a fan of the Fallout type of game -- while I do play other games, Sims is my main game so I'll be getting GF on release or shortly after, depending on my Internet connection.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Both
    This topic is about it why is TS4 so bad game... Because almost players TS4 are not really players. If you try other game you will see!

Yes, I hope, that I buy both. I LOVE Fallout! It is so great.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    leetamme wrote: »

That is true and I had thought of that before posting it. Was just curious as to what other players thought with some really good games comming out so close together. Red Dead Redemption 2 also comes out next month. Though @Chazzzy suggested I should've put neither earlier and that would've been a great option given how some players have opted to wait on Get Famous for various reasons.

I'm not sure why it won't let you post anything unless you have to meet a specific likes and response quota. I know way back when... you had to have so many likes and posts in order to upload your avatar. I haven't read the forum rules regarding this as I've been a member of Sims since Sims 2 but have played since Sims 1. There is this link on the forum that may help you https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1

West Virginia, but it will be interesting to see what they've done with it. I think the White House is in it.

Are you aware that this one is not like the other Fallout games - this one is an online multi-player and requires other players to play with you. Bethesda says this one will not have a single player mode at all and no offline mode for technical reasons. It is the reason I am not even considering this one. I don't like multi-player games at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Both
    Both. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    zoeisabeliazoeisabelia Posts: 67 Member
    edited October 2018
    Both
    Sadly both. I got involved in all the hype train and preordered Fallout 76the moment E3 announcement came out since they made it seem that multiplayer was not the focus of it just a cool new feature... my hubby said hey perfect bday gift ! ( my bday is the 13 turning the big 4-0). Then more news comes out , I get dissapointed and I try to cancel the preorder back in August but since it had been a month since the order they didn’t let me cancel..so I’m now I’m stuck with a game I really dont want to play

And then of course the announce of GF. Comes out on the 16th. I still feel bad about the fallout debacle , hubby felt bad and preordered it for me again. I honestly feel blessed to have such a. Loving caring husband. That one I’m extremely happy aboutt
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Are you aware that this one is not like the other Fallout games - this one is an online multi-player and requires other players to play with you. Bethesda says this one will not have a single player mode at all and no offline mode for technical reasons. It is the reason I am not even considering this one. I don't like multi-player games at all.

That, I feel, will be the most interesting aspect of this new Rust clone experiment. Bethesda has, since the release of Oblivion, courted what I call the 'soft roleplaying crowd'. These people aren't so much interested in stats, progression systems and choice-and-consequence like core roleplayers, but rather about making your own sandcastle in an open world box. With Fallout 76 there are now other players in this sandbox, and the game mechanics actively promote the idea of kicking over someone else's sandcastle. I don't think this is going to go over well with the core Bethesda audience.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Fallout 76

That's the one hesitation I have about Fallout 76. However, my husband and one of my sons will be playing with me, so hopefully the server population will be as small as they currently are promising. I am going to try the B.E.T.A (not to be confused with beta), so if it looks like it's starting to be a grief fest, I'll just cancel my preorder.

I will end up getting both games -- it's just a matter of timing. I will be buying Get Famous no later than mid-December; the last couple of November releases they had the price dropped so quickly. It's a matter of principle. I love being a cheapskate. But if the price doesn't drop for either black friday or Christmas shopping, I'll still get it (provided it gets great reviews).
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    I was never any good at Fallout, I have a version on PS3 which I tried playing but I always get stuck so never bothered with it again.

I'm in a similar position since another of my favourite games, Farming Simulator, has a new version (Farming Simulator 19) coming out at the same time, however I've opted to get Get Famous first, my crops and livestock can wait a bit longer. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous

That, I feel, will be the most interesting aspect of this new Rust clone experiment. Bethesda has, since the release of Oblivion, courted what I call the 'soft roleplaying crowd'. These people aren't so much interested in stats, progression systems and choice-and-consequence like core roleplayers, but rather about making your own sandcastle in an open world box. With Fallout 76 there are now other players in this sandbox, and the game mechanics actively promote the idea of kicking over someone else's sandcastle. I don't think this is going to go over well with the core Bethesda audience.

If it was more like some other survival co-op games I play, I'd be more interested. I'm not interested in public servers with forced 'drama' (seriously, they said they wouldn't prevent PvP because they want the 'drama' to be there). My friends and I have been wanting co-op Fallout for so long and the give it to us ... in the form of a stripped down MMO (did they ever add NPCs? Last I heard there wouldn't be NPCs, that just seems like a sad, lonely game world, remember they said you could play 'alone', alone being relative) and none of the best parts of a survival co-op game where you can play with your friends. One of those best parts being the ability to play on private servers and not have to deal with a bunch of people you don't know who are only out for one thing, ruining everyone else's good time.

Lest you think I don't know what I'm talking about, my very first foray into WoW was on a PvP server. People spent an inordinate amount of time trying to make sure other people couldn't do quests and other things they needed to do. Most of them far higher level than the people they were harassing.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Both
    @Writin_Reg yes I am aware. It's something me and the hubby will be playing together as he plays online multiplayer games with others. Now granted I'm not enthusiasticly psyched for that feature but I do like the Fallout series and am willing to give it a go. I also love playing Sims but unfortunately like other players I do get bored after a bit as I feel the game still lacks in content, though I will undoubtedly enjoy this EP and love the the features that come with it. And I know that bordem won't last forever with new content being added, it is just a slow wait between, but the wonderful Sims team has more years of material planned so I do look forward to whats next. In the meantime I fill that wait with games such as Fallout and Fallout 76 will be a new game to explore even if I have to explore it with others.
    Sadly both. I got involved in all the hype train and preordered Fallout 76the moment E3 announcement came out since they made it seem that multiplayer was not the focus of it just a cool new feature... my hubby said hey perfect bday gift ! ( my bday is the 13 turning the big 4-0). Then more news comes out , I get dissapointed and I try to cancel the preorder back in August but since it had been a month since the order they didn’t let me cancel..so I’m now I’m stuck with a game I really dont want to play

And then of course the announce of GF. Comes out on the 16th. I still feel bad about the fallout debacle , hubby felt bad and preordered it for me again. I honestly feel blessed to have such a. Loving caring husband. That one I’m extremely happy aboutt

There's no doubt the hype was definitely inticing. Perhaps it won't be a total let down, but with most games you have to play and see, it can just be something to do when you don't play Sims. Happy Birthday and I wish many good years of simming.

WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    zoeisabeliazoeisabelia Posts: 67 Member
    Both
    @Writin_Reg yes I am aware. It's something me and the hubby will be playing together as he plays online multiplayer games with others. Now granted I'm not enthusiasticly psyched for that feature but I do like the Fallout series and am willing to give it a go. I also love playing Sims but unfortunately like other players I do get bored after a bit as I feel the game still lacks in content, though I will undoubtedly enjoy this EP and love the the features that come with it. And I know that bordem won't last forever with new content being added, it is just a slow wait between, but the wonderful Sims team has more years of material planned so I do look forward to whats next. In the meantime I fill that wait with games such as Fallout and Fallout 76 will be a new game to explore even if I have to explore it with others.

There's no doubt the hype was definitely inticing. Perhaps it won't be a total let down, but with most games you have to play and see, it can just be something to do when you don't play Sims. Happy Birthday and I wish many good years of simming.

Thanks for the early bday wishes!
    Felicity wrote: »

That's the one hesitation I have about Fallout 76. However, my husband and one of my sons will be playing with me, so hopefully the server population will be as small as they currently are promising. I am going to try the B.E.T.A (not to be confused with beta), so if it looks like it's starting to be a grief fest, I'll just cancel my preorder.

I will end up getting both games -- it's just a matter of timing. I will be buying Get Famous no later than mid-December; the last couple of November releases they had the price dropped so quickly. It's a matter of principle. I love being a cheapskate. But if the price doesn't drop for either black friday or Christmas shopping, I'll still get it (provided it gets great reviews).

The thing is that I tried canceling the preorder but they refused to get me. A refund on it saying it was too late. This was August. I did preorder PS4. Now I’m stuck with a game that said multiplayer was supported (meaning it was originally a feature not based upon it. That’s why I got upset.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Hmm, I know its being releases this week but I'd argue outside of Battlefield 5 release in november, Red Dead Redemption 2 which releases this week is probably the monster game of the holiday season. They literally sold out of so many pre-orders they couldn't print enough discs since the game is double disk to supply all their retailers on time for release.

I can't even imagine what their sales numbers are going to be.

Outside of that I assume a lot of Sims players just play the Sims for a large part.