Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jared and Connor Frio - Showtime

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @meerkattime Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I just love that pattern so much you will probably see a lot of it in future saves as well :D
    I know! I feel so sorry for Jared when Alec is also performing because he doesn't have the benefit of the irresistible trait like Alec does!
    Lara is a virtuoso but I have found that my virtuoso kids also roll wishes to paint, at least until they are teens and can play instruments in an unmodded game. Fortunately she can play instruments as a child thanks to a mod so she will probably play her violin autonomously but I will also indulge her wishes to paint when she has them.
    I made Connor apologize because somehow the game gets it wrong and when a sim does something bad the wrong sim will get the blame if the next interaction is negative because of it.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Comment time

Ohhh Connor dancing, I think he did very good with those
    steps. I love Mortys smile so gorgeous , he should smile more.
    cute stargazing scene,
    my sims are sometimes too slow so the stars are gone by the time they get there hehe.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @Mikezumi Checking the updates that I haven't seen before. Starting with Lara's birthday. I think she's a cutie, even with Jared's lips! ...Oh that speeding baseball. No wonder Lara's afraid! ...Great shot of Alec performing for tips in the park. He's really playing to his audience! ...Fun screenshots of the kids in their costumes. Neat that they have each other growing up.
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you :) Morty really does have a lovely smile and I am glad I chose him for Connor's partner :)
    Your sims must stay up late if they miss the stars! LOL

@lanlyn Thank you :) All these updates, apart from the last, were in the chat thread so, yes, you would have seen them.
    I really like both of the kids but I am curious to see how they will look as teens. I know how they will look as YA but, as you know, the teen stage can be a tad awkward for some sims.
    I didn't really mean to have families in this save because it was supposed to be to try at least one Showtime career but I don't seem to be able to stop myself when it comes to sims having kids ;)
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited October 2018
    @mikezumi I was thinking that it would be cute for Cort to have a sleepover with Alpin, Carson, Lydia and Maggie but I realised that I got your families mixed up :lol:. Connor's face reminds me of an expression that a zombie would pull lol. I don't know why the game mixes up boys and girls clothes after aging up. I love that you kept the same pattern on her. Her little buns look nicer than the pig tails. Those lips! She looks like a mini Jared :smile:

Good that Alec got that gig. I think I remember last time he got rejected. A bit of tough love won't hurt Lara. Alec's too irresistible and always steal the crowds away from Jared :lol: I'm surprised that Connor and Morty have been unsuccessful! Oh right, they failed because they're at the park lol.

Alec seems to have forgiven Jared for the scare. It's a bit cute that kids chose matching prince and princess costumes. I hope they become best friends. You'd think the boys would have learnt not to discuss art with each other by now :lol:.

Thanks for the explanation of the derp face haha. I've seen it happen to townies but couldn't work out what it meant :lol:
  • Options
    @coco Thanks for the lovely comments :) If the kids from my other save were in town I would definitely consider a sleepover but it isn't happening with SV kids who haven't had birthday makeovers. I've seen their tags and that's scary enough :o:D
    Lara is mostly Alec but there's no denying the lips came from Jared :D
    With my evil sims scaring usually leads to flirting and woohoo so I assume it's the same with Jared's mean spirited trait. Alec didn't even get a slightly negative reaction apart from looking scared and they went right back to flirting.
    Connor's faces are fun to watch but the absent minded trait is a pain to play! I can't tell you how many times he has forgotten what he was doing and been late for meals or got lost on the way to play a game or woohoo :#
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Love the new family photo. I can see family resemblances of the parents in the next generation.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited October 2018
    @Mikezumi

Lovely family photo, you can really see which child is
    wither of them they are quite similar looking.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    @Mikezumi Cort looks like he's about to cry :( Aw Morty, give us a smile! Pretty please? But anyway, lovely family photo :> I imagine the kids will be teens before we know it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks @lanlyn @Silverofdreams30 @TinySpaceFox @meerkattime :) I am always happy when I don't get clone children. I would have liked Cort to have more of Morty than he does but, alas, it wasn't to be.
  • Options
    The family enjoyed crepes for breakfast. Connor sat down in a timely manner ;):)
    45412749002_f7361d6b52_o.jpg
    The kids didn't have waking wishes but Cort rolled a wish to play tag with Lara over breakfast. I think Cort was giving Lara a head start ;)
    30524209777_835457c67c_o.jpg
    Jared's waking wish was to serve a perfect meal. I had him prepare crepes to replace what they had eaten :) Alec was exercising his vocal cords for his evening's performance ;)
    45412747642_5d41d56d7a_o.jpg
    Connor's waking wish was to ride the mechanical bull but he also had a wish to level up in gardening locked in. He got it when he and Morty did the morning's gardening :)
    45412746942_62c7ddecd2_o.jpg
    The kids were still playing tag when the bus arrived.
    44739354104_e7b891c3da_o.jpg
    Connor got his waking wish :)
    45412745012_da5a856f1f_o.jpg
    44739352864_d4e2dcf3b4_o.jpg
    Connor got started on his 24th novel. He has a wish to write 25 locked in. Morty is working towards his wish to master painting. He is at level 9. He also has a wish to paint something worth §1000 and one to paint something brilliant locked in.
    44739352214_3634785b5c_o.jpg
    Alec didn't have a waking wish and when Jared was done with his I let them do what they wanted :)
    44739351474_376e3e4307_o.jpg
    44739350714_6997ab0fc2_o.jpg
    When Jared left the room, Alec complimented himself :D I noticed that it improves the fun motive which is handy to know in future because his fun bar didn't need filling after woohoo ;)
    30524204257_0c2e7c865e_o.jpg
  • Options
    Jared had just got into the hot tub when Alec appeared in his queue for a flirt.
    44739349734_2b6b89dbac_o.jpg
    When Jared got out he immediately rolled a wish to woohoo in the hot tub so I had the boys get in together because the wish is worth 1,500 LTH :D
    30524203257_d519aea4f7_o.jpg
    Cuddling triggered wishes to make out - granted! :D
    44739348484_41c56f72e6_o.jpg
    30524202357_5a9afd3c82_o.jpg
    44739347214_8918a1565b_o.jpg
    The kids got home early because there is no Scouts on Fridays.
    44739346054_bf2466dba8_o.jpg
    When Jared left in a limo for his gig, I had Alec follow in Jared's car. Several sims were standing outside the door and Jared and Alec were also unable to enter. I used MC to reset the door and everyone went in. The pudding proprietor freaked me out with her unusual colouring and shocking dress sense :#
    44739345464_f9fe611e14_o.jpg
    Alec only stayed for the start of the performance because I wanted him home to eat with the kids before his own gig later in the evening.
    44739344694_cbb44ddc9a_o.jpg
    Thornton, even untweaked, looks cute :) Although I could never play an untweaked sim ;)
    44739344054_72b35bf75e_o.jpg
    When I checked on the kids, Lara was playing her violin and Cort was reading.
    44739343504_b56d754733_o.jpg
    Alec called the family to dinner when he got home.
    44739342844_6259142d43_o.jpg
    I checked on Jared while the family ate.
    44739342294_05fe9553f5_o.jpg
    45412737512_c21a39bdc6_o.jpg
    44739341054_d63773fe76_o.jpg
    45412736832_4206db26c8_o.jpg
  • Options
    Lara had a wish to play catch with Alec so I let her have a quick game before he headed for his gig.
    44739339194_5f485c3df1_o.jpg
    When I got a popup that Jared was promoted, I rushed back for another look.
    45412736382_cfa002aae1_o.jpg
    45412735492_574e34a5e3_o.jpg
    44739337994_f3b61c104b_o.jpg
    Cycl0n3 asked Alec's sign when he arrived at the Coffeehouse for his gig. Jared was heading inside to eat.
    44739336744_59205fd119_o.jpg
    Although the Karaoke bar was the hot spot, Alec had a much larger audience!
    45412734012_2cc1e4b305_o.jpg
    44739335784_e978060794_o.jpg
    Connor, Morty and the kids came to watch Alec but I sent the kids home when I discovered they can't watch shows :#
    45412733402_01fbbdd807_o.jpg
    The kid shown here was bothering Tori for a game of catch because he, too, must have discovered that he couldn't watch the show ;)
    44739334994_5706d101ff_o.jpg
    Connor and Morty looked like they were enjoying the show :)
    43647305270_ba25330a9b_o.jpg
    44739334384_21843b00e9_o.jpg
    43647304600_91c57bc470_o.jpg
    44739333524_e174d7e283_o.jpg
    Alec didn't get his wish for a legendary gig but he did well.
    43647303230_805f953e4e_o.jpg
  • Options
    When I saw that both Lara and Cort rolled wishes to be good friends with Claire Ursine's daughter, I quickly took her into CAS to dress her in case they wanted to invite her over or spend time with her. I believe her father is Gobias :| I only gave her hair and clothes and didn't have a look at her aged up because I can see she takes after her mother. I was happy to see she inherited her mother's freckles, not so happy that her tongue is poking out under her lower lip :D
    44739346434_78a013a5a2_o.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Mikezumi I do like Lara's pattern on the dress. So cute!
    I dunno if bull riding would be my waking wish! :lol:
    I've seen some strange proprietors outfits but hers is the worst.
    Thornton is enjoying the performance.
    Jared looks like he was having fun with the fire!
    Congrats on the promotion.
    I love watching the audience more then the performer sometimes.
    Morty looks cute dancing.
    Alec looked like he was doing great.
    Ugh...that always creeps me out when I see that on sims and I have to fix them!!! I sure hope you fixed the poor thing.
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :) It was nice to come home from grocery shopping to see them :)
    I wouldn't be rolling wishes to ride a mechanical bull at any time of day :D
    I also love to watch the audience and I did but I didn't take too many pics of them.
    I didn't fix her tongue because I never touch the genetics of children. I know she will grow into it and I will just not look too closely until she does ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @meerkattime Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Alec is always complimenting himself because he is a diva but it's always funnier when he does it after woohoo :D
    I have always loved the hot tub. I get angry with my sims when they spend too much time in it but the cuddle and makeout animations are the best!
    Now that Alec and Jared are getting higher in their careers, especially Jared who is higher than Alec, the others get positive moodlets from watching them perform :) It used to annoy me that Connor used to look as if he was enjoying Jared's early shows but would get a "saw a terrible show" moodlet :#
    I am actually finding Connor very hard to play. He's got to be one of the most boring sims I have ever played! If Morty didn't step up to keep their romance going, there would be nothing!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Mikezumi Every time your sims eat crepes I start craving them! ...LOL at Connor on the bull. ...Alec complimented himself after woohoo? Haha. Diva trait? ...Great hot tub pics of Jared and Alec. ...The performance screenshots are always fun. All the expressions and cheers. Jared is getting really good with his fire batons. ...Interesting paintings behind Lara as she played the violin. ...Do you have a favorite song you like Alec to sing? I can't remember the names right now, but I know that I enjoyed a couple more than some of the others. ...Claire Ursine's daughter looks cute, but weird about that tongue.
  • Options
    Thanks for the lovely comments @lanlyn :) It's been a while since I ate crepes! I really should make some because I bought a lovely crepe pan (and it wasn't cheap) a couple of years ago and it's been hanging in the kitchen unused since then! :#
    The diva trait has some cute animations. It's a pity that Alec seems to bore most people he meets by complaining about trivial things :D
    Jared must be getting good now because Connor no longer gets a bad show moodlet when he watches him ;) I know he is getting quite high in the career because he recently rolled a wish to reach the top of the career and my sims never roll that wish until they are getting close.
    I don't have a favourite song yet because I don't make Alec sing often.
    The tongue problem is very common in Bridgeport kids because most Bridgeport sims have extreme face profiles. Claire also has an extreme profile.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi I found videos of 2 songs I like.

This is my favorite song: Maybe It's Better This Way
    https://youtu.be/tdxHkMRJOTw

I like this one too: It Hurts Both Ways
    https://youtu.be/zkKIP0Y7ojo
  • Options
    @lanlyn Thanks for sharing the videos! They both sound nice. I will have to listen carefully when Alec sings and see which songs I like best. Whenever I hear Alec singing or when my sims use the karaoke machine it always makes me think of theme songs from Korean shows :D
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    It made me laugh when you said that Connor looks like he's enjoying Jared's shows but gets a 'saw a terrible show' moodlet instead. Brothers, gotta love 'em :lol:
    I sympathise with you about Connor's silly absent minded trait.
    Alec's crowd seems much bigger, I wonder if it's due to his irresistibleness. Congrats on Jared's promotion! Ugh that proprietor is hideous. I really hate that dress with a passion.
    I hope that Claire and Gobias's daughter turns out ok. I like her freckles :smile: