Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which gender do you play with the most?

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Female
    So far, I've always played more with female Sims. I always make an effort to play more with males.
    The thing is, males are massively underrated in terms of CAS content. I play cc free, so a lot of my males end up dressed similarly.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I am confused, do y'all ignore all sims in a household except your fave ?
    Is your entire gameplay the ISBI challenge ?
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    Other..
    happyopi wrote: »

Mostly, I control a main sim and leave the rest to their own devices unless I need them to do something specific. Not ISBI, because no 'rules'... just prefer to play this way.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Other..
    I chose other because my sims 'decide' who they are most interested in. If it is a sim they can't normally start a family with, I simply take them into CAS and alter the pregnancy settings so that they can procreate.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Female
    I think female... But it's pretty close to an even split.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Female
    I try to keep it even when playing rotational, but when I play a single sim game, it's usually female. My current save also has a slight female majority in the played households, but most were born in game, so that's just how it played out, I seldom try to force the genders one way or another, I just leave it up to chance. I've tried to even it out by adding some boy toddlers to families in CAS, but they still haven't quite caught up.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    Other..
    I play with both it just depends my mood, sometimes I mostly play females sometimes mostly males.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Other..
    With both, sometimes I have more females or more males depending how game goes.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Female

I voted based on what I tend to start saves with, and I almost always start saves with a single sim.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Female
    I play mainly with females simply because I love planning outfits and hairstyles. I have two sons in real life and really missed not having a little girl so I guess I compensate with my sims.

Haha snap! My little sim girls can be the daughters I never had.
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    Female
    i usually always start out with a female sim
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Female

For my main (legacy) save, I mostly play single mothers. I'll bring in a male Sim for procreation purposes and then move him out. If I bring in a female Sim (since I can change the pregnancy options), I keep them together, so it depends on whether I feel like playing two or three Sims in my household. I had one hetero couple in which I let the husband stick around because he was just too cute - he was in the political activist career and so passionate about it. Every once in a while, I decide to let the fates decide on the gender of the next generation, and if it turns out to be a boy, he gets a husband.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    Male
    As a female I prefer males, because I don’t wnd up with the same clothes as I always do with my female sims.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Female
    Female, I always end up playing them even if I choose another gender lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited October 2018
    Female
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m a man who prefers to play with men.

That sounded terrible.

:D Thanks for the laugh!

I voted female but in all honesty I have pretty much even male/female. I try to make genders in CAS that would be desirable to existing sims, even though it doesn't always work out. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Male
    If it wasn't already plainly obvious, I like playing with men more :smirk:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Male
    I'm female but always tend to prefer playing male sims, they always seem to be my favourite. I've no idea why. I've never really been into clothes and make up and stuff, so that sort of thing playing with females doesn't really interest me. I wish there were some more grungy style clothes for both genders though :)
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Male

I manage everyone in my world, but I'm guilty of having a protagonist :(
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Female
    I play a legacy and I don't care if the next sim in my legacy is heir or heiress, I play with the female mostly. There has only been 1 man who I played more with than the female. I'm on gen 14.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    alessrelloalessrello Posts: 22 Member
    Male
    > @DominicLaurence said:
    > happyopi wrote: »
    >
    > I am confused, do y'all ignore all sims in a household except your fave ?
    > Is your entire gameplay the ISBI challenge ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I manage everyone in my world, but I'm guilty of having a protagonist :(

I always have a 'protagonist' as well, and I end up kinda neglecting my other sims for a bit but I never fully abandon them. Usually this protagonist is male and gay because that's what I relate to, but I've tried to add diversity to my game. I'd say it's a pretty even split of guys and gals; but it's slightly more fun to make girl sims if only for the sheer amount of CC you can find online. Male sims get the short end:(
  • Options
    CerealmaniacCerealmaniac Posts: 24 Member
    Female
    Female because of dress up mostly.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Male
    Actually, in my new game I am playing a straight man for the first time, I just realized. Until now, I have only played gay men or women as my primary household . I tend to play rotationally, so have had heterosexual men characters I have played, but I never before had one as my main starter household.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Male

What is ISBI?

While I do try to control most of the the Sims in the household, I do have a favorite or two that I often control and follow around the most.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Female

What is ISBI?

While I do try to control most of the the Sims in the household, I do have a favorite or two that I often control and follow around the most.

It stands for I'm surrounded by idio/ts and it is a challenge where you're only allowed to control one sim in the household and let autonomy take care of the others.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Male
    Played sims: 14 males, 5 females in my current save. I'll play whatever I get ingame, but when I add new sims (which I do often) I prefer males.