Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which gender do you play with the most?

Comments

• Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    Female
    Since i am a female myself i typically play as one. But i am trying to play as male sims, for my next few achievements on Xbox 360 i want to use a male sim.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Female
    I try to have some variation but I think girls are simply more fun. xD

They also have lots of more customization options, at least it feels like they do. Also it's easier if you're playing legacies because the girl will be the one who gets pregnant (unless you're playing with other options) and therefor it's easier to just stick with her.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I guess Male!
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Female
    Females mostly unless I want lots of kids but don't want to have to look after them.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Other..
    Both for me, it's really both. I don't tend to see a preference either way, when I think about the families I play. My first family was a set of adult siblings (2 brothers and 1 sister), living together, then I had a single female, then a single male, then another family of two brothers, later a very female-dominated family, it's pretty random. I just don't see much difference between them when it comes to gameplay.

When it comes to CAS though, I notice that I do tend to create slightly more females than males simply because there's so much more potential with styling, but overall, it's pretty close. I mean, when I create them, I try to create some potential spouses too, so it never really strays too far from 50:50. Sometimes, if I really like the look of a sim, I'll twin them.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Female
    I've got an equal balance in the game but always seem to end up playing the females. The CAS starter male examples are a bit off putting to me.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2018
    Male
    When I was younger it was mostly females but now it's easily males. I think that's partly because I'm gay so I enjoy creating attractive male sims for me to admire. :# My only issue is that I am way more picky about how my male sims look - I spend more time in CAS tweaking their appearance than I do females.

It's also funny to see some people saying they're bad at dressing the opposite sex. I think I have good taste in female clothing.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Female
    Female, as I've consistently found that the AI for males is 'dumber' than it is for females. I know sims aren't the brightest bulbs on the porch, but I doubt the male ones even have the power turned on.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Male
    Playing: Male
    Designing: Female

I honestly feel that I like to play males due to the fact that I am a male and it adds in some sense of understanding. Something in my mind simply clicks and makes sense. Also, I like to create myself and cause havoc. I do play them equally, though, and won’t neglect a female to play a male. Each of my Sims has a story! :p
  • LovelyRose99LovelyRose99 Posts: 52 Member
    Female
    i prefer female. maybe because i am female :P. and because they do have more customization options in CAS.
    HELLO I AM YOUR HOST YANDERE-CHAN WITH EYEPATCH
  • mokia_sinhallmokia_sinhall Posts: 5 New Member
    Female
    Am: Female
    Play as: Usually female, though I will occasionally make male sims, or play around with the gender customizer.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Other..
    I play both genders just as equally.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • IndrewIndrew Posts: 77 Member
    Male

Men. I go with what I know. Been a guy all my life, so I default to making guy characters and just throw some clothes together and call it a day.

I would try to create some women, but clothing/makeup/accessory choices based on physical attributes(hair/body shape/eye color) confuses the heck out of me(as a guy). I mean what the heck can a slightly overweight, red headed, green eyed woman wear. Are red dresses and lipstick out? Are ruby rings a faux pas? Are red shoes lost in a sea of red? I don't know!!!

Yeah. Will probably bite the bullet and take a day researching this stuff on the interwebs, and try my hand at making a woman character. Hopefully will not be Frakenstein's Bride when I'm through. She'll probably look like Steve Buscemi in drag.
  • TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    Other..
    I mix it up. I'm slowly repopulating the world in my current game save and try to make my Sims as diverse as possible. Leads to more interesting game play down the line as I pair them up and have them start families, or drive them to the peak of their career or skill paths. I do a mix of single Sims and Families too.
  • LunaMoon48LunaMoon48 Posts: 22 Member
    Female
    I usually play female Sims - it’s like what others have said, I feel I can understand them better and therefore build their story in a more convincing way. That being said there are a few choice male Sims that I love to play - it’s pretty subjective I suppose.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Female
    I'm really bad about focusing on female sims. Even playing rotational, if a male sim has a female sim move in with him I'll pay more attention to her. I'll always pay more attention to female siblings and give them a much more in depth story. I've been trying to work on it, though!
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Male
    I don't really have a gender preference or something but I mostly ended up playing with male more.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Female
    Indrew wrote: »
    Men. I go with what I know. Been a guy all my life, so I default to making guy characters and just throw some clothes together and call it a day.

I would try to create some women, but clothing/makeup/accessory choices based on physical attributes(hair/body shape/eye color) confuses the heck out of me(as a guy). I mean what the heck can a slightly overweight, red headed, green eyed woman wear. Are red dresses and lipstick out? Are ruby rings a faux pas? Are red shoes lost in a sea of red? I don't know!!!

Yeah. Will probably bite the bullet and take a day researching this stuff on the interwebs, and try my hand at making a woman character. Hopefully will not be Frakenstein's Bride when I'm through. She'll probably look like Steve Buscemi in drag.

Muwahaha! Man, I wish we still had the LOL button! So sorry, for laughing over your dilemma, but thanks for my giggle of the day over that last line, you're hilarious!
  • rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    Male
    my primary sim is a guy. but the vast majority of my sims are girls. because... reasons.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I play both genders just about the same.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    Female
    Generally females, cause designing sims are one of my favourite parts and i feel more limited with men, also not very good at it! I'd probaly benefit from switching it up though!
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited October 2018
    Male
    Though females are more fun to dress, I play males the most.
  • DDirectorDDirector Posts: 35 Member
    Female
    I prefer female. More customization options in CAS.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Male
    Male, for sure! I guess since I'm all about fashion myself I'm good at picking outfits, lol.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Other..
    I chose Other. I have one lone save file. I alternate between 5 or so households. And honestly, I play just as many females as males. I haven't been in my game in a while (about to play soon), pretty sure I have a few more ladies than guys but my most favorite sim to play is male. So I chose other.