Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When does your next generation begin?

So, I've had this question for a while and I've seen several different answers. I'm curious to see what the majority of you guys have to say!
My question is this: When you're doing legacies/generational challenges, when does the next generation begin?

Does it begin when they become a toddler?
Does it begin when they become a child or teen?
Does it begin when they become young adults?
Does it begin when the previous gen leader dies?
Does it begin when the previous gen leader becomes an elder?

I'm excited to know your answers! I'm working on the Legacy challenge now, but I can't decide the best time to officially start the second generation! Thank you so much for your input~
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
ntlW6ly.png

Comments

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Mine varies from generation to generation. I don't use any of the rules for any of the challenges in my story, so my next generation starts whenever I feel the previous generation has a good plot ending. For example, my second generation heir was 16 when his generation started. His mother had "died" when he was a baby. His father had just died. That left him to care for his younger sisters. His generation ended when he was arrested. His son had just reached the YA age. My plan for the next generation will be when the heir starts high school being the start of that generation.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I would say it starts at YA birthday. However assigning the role of heir can be earlier. It actually depends for example on how you choose to play.
    1st born child of the next generation.
    1st male (patriarchy) or female (matriarchy).
    They can also be assigned by random role or community vote.
  • Options
    AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    It varies for me, so it's not an easy question to answer! In a Build Newcrest Legacy I was playing I started the new Generation when they hit Young Adult (with a pre-determined heir). For my Decades challenge since a lot of it is interwoven with story plots, I tend to try and wrap up whatever was going on with the previous generation before focusing on the next. It's generally around that Young Adult age, too. :)
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    It's complicated... I say that the new generation has begun once the first child of said generation is born but I don't really consider anyone the heir of the new generation until they're all teenagers (because I like to choose the nicest looking sim to be the heir because I'm a bad person) and I still focus on the original heir unless I've completed everything I wanted to complete :'D
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    So, I've had this question for a while and I've seen several different answers. I'm curious to see what the majority of you guys have to say!
    My question is this: When you're doing legacies/generational challenges, when does the next generation begin?

Does it begin when they become a toddler?
    Does it begin when they become a child or teen?
    Does it begin when they become young adults?
    Does it begin when the previous gen leader dies?
    Does it begin when the previous gen leader becomes an elder?

I'm excited to know your answers! I'm working on the Legacy challenge now, but I can't decide the best time to officially start the second generation! Thank you so much for your input~

Personally, to me, the next generation begins with the birth of the first child.
    So far, my Parker-McAddams family has four generations, going into five.
    30252777447_9aec24e3fb_z.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything