Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hints to cars? Decide for yourself...

Comments

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    that limo was all show and no go. :o
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Since this is kind of a Hollywood based world.. I cant hep but think how people who live in the Hollywood area, call you strange or out of place if you 'walk' to your appointments. I feel cars would be a perfect introduction for this world! It's all about the feels!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Also in the Guru tweets in Gen. Dis., you'll find a tweet by Graham stating that they are not coming at any point in the near future
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They're not coming this year.

And there's no need for them. You can teleport in many ways, and of course every location is just a loading screen away, which is probably faster than driving. Aren't there so many more fun things to make? Wouldn't you rather have burglars? Singers? Magic? Bunkbeds?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    I'd much rather see a return of the Lightning Leap Atomic Molecular Arranger from S3. The Llama looked like an English phone box but teleported your sim to other boxes. I was fun because there was a small chance your sim could get a nauseous or terrified moodlet or could change them to a tragic clown for 24 hours.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Since this is kind of a Hollywood based world.. I cant hep but think how people who live in the Hollywood area, call you strange or out of place if you 'walk' to your appointments. I feel cars would be a perfect introduction for this world! It's all about the feels!

Hilarious, Rich people without Cars. I wonder if that limo is a stretched out toy car of the rich people's kids hahaha?? Not funny, If that car does not move then we are in trouble. :s
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited October 2018
    that limo was all show and no go. :o

Let's not hate on them too, (I do not mean you @luvdasims55 you're nice as most of us are, this is hard and a big disappointment, because they did promise us cars, even we had to make the list. so yes we are upset :'( and rightfully so.. ) maybe they just do not know how to make a car, or how to make one move. Just because the other team could, that do not mean that this one can. I do not think they even know how to make a pond tool.
    I think they are trying to learn its just that they are not learning so fast. could be the reason they need 3 or 4 more years, that's when they will finish college. then they can make things like the other teams.
    So they could have a reason, Employers do it all the time send their own employees to college instead of finding new people. Do not forget this could be a New team.

They could truly want to make our cars, truly want to make us different things we are asking no begging for.
    So if they are new is it better to wait 4 years for a trusted employee to go to college to learn? yes. :)
    It's better than having untrusted or unloyal employees. So if this is what the wait is for its OK, I think.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    @Stormsview i'm not really hating on them. just showing my disappointment mostly. unfortunately, vehicles that can travel are out of the question for the sims 4. i was still hoping to get some that could be placed in your driveway just for show. that's probably not in the cards for us either. :(
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    * SimsguruRomeo building a building that looks like a garage to many:
    2zpjww1.jpg

* Why choose to say 'act as a vehicle' in this career description?
    9a4y08.jpg

Honestly, the first time I saw the thumbnail of the career, i thought it was a car.

* On the stream, one of the guru's said to game designer Jeff (correct me if I get names wrong pls) when he was about to show off the new career:
    'I think you can go in and start driving a little bit'
    An interesting choice of words, wouldn't you say?

* They played The sims 2 nightlife soundtrack before the stream started which brought vehicles into the The sims 2 that time. Maybe not so major, but with the rest, it is something to think about perhaps.

Just saying...

“To act as a vehicle for such insight” I think it’s safe to say this is just a figure of speech... in order to drive an idea or take something to the next level so to speak .. it’s funny how much we read into things lol
    I do however question the picture with the hill and what looks like a depiction of a garage... this does look like a slight hint we could be in for that next year ? Who knows I doubt it would be this year though
  • Options
    The devs have and use many words and terms that might not make sense to us, but suits their needs. Words have more than one meaning.
  • Options
    AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    I wanted cars 🚗 from the beginning, bagging for them on YouTube videos, because I don’t have Twitter. I truly believe that car system is one of the best things in all series of the sims and hoping that sim gurus are working on it for us. 🥺We need real social services, real police, robbers, horses, real brooms for witches on which you can travel, farm tractors, firefighters, teens driving lessons, ice cream kiosk, helicopters, motorcycles, fix up or build up your car, woohoos in the cars. Please please please.
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Since we are getting celebrities, maybe cars could be included since celebrities usually own expensive cars. Also, they could have included a limo for red carpet events.

This is what I"m hoping for. Maybe we'll see sims in cars in Tomorrow's Trailer.

Hopefully there's cars..not only the celebrities need them...but The Sims need them for the film making too.. :D
    Yes I concur plus Machinima and Let's Players would benefit from cars as well.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Also in the Guru tweets in Gen. Dis., you'll find a tweet by Graham stating that they are not coming at any point in the near future

I think he meant for the remainder of 2018.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Very general statement. We don't really know what his definition of ''near future'' is, so it can mean anything.

Personally I am not expecting them real soon.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I would like an open world and then we could have cars. It takes just about as much time waiting for sims to walk home as it would in a car.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    They're not coming this year.

And there's no need for them. You can teleport in many ways, and of course every location is just a loading screen away, which is probably faster than driving. Aren't there so many more fun things to make? Wouldn't you rather have burglars? Singers? Magic? Bunkbeds?
    No I'd take cars over burglars singers and bunkbeds any day and I never want to see magic see how different people want different stuff. Also I prefer a more realistic game teleporting is the worst.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    cars yes but as for buglars no thank you would not mind them if there a toggle included to turn off buglars in the game option menu
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I was thinking about cars, and even know I do want them, I think it's unlikely they'll add it to the game. Since we don't have open worlds, the cars would have to work just like in TS2, leaving the lot and disappearing on the edge of the street. I don't see how that would work with most lots in TS4, since we have many lots that are not connected to the streets, especially in Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and San Myshuno. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't imagine how it would work.
  • Options
    candy8 wrote: »
    I would like an open world and then we could have cars. It takes just about as much time waiting for sims to walk home as it would in a car.

Grant said recently open worlds can't happen in TS4 because of the Game Engine.
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Well, they hint a lot so it's possible but I wouldn't be getting your hopes up for it.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    I honestly have to ask...why does everyone want cars? The worlds are tiny and enclosed so what would you gain from having cars in the game

THANK YOU!!!!! I AGREE!!! Finally, someone who doesn't want cars. lol
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @rudy8292 You have to think about "near future" in terms of planned content for the game. Considering that cars are not simply a thing that I would think to be simply added via a stuff pack, we can rule those out. That means they'd probably be added, if at all, in a game pack. Given that Get Famous just came out, we can rule that the next content release is either a stuff pack or a game pack. I would wager that "near future" would encapsulate at least the next immediate pack or the next two immediate packs, which would mean that I would say that the first half of 2019 is a definite no to cars.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited January 2019
    "The world is too tiny, why do people want cars in this game?!?!"

- clearly from players who haven't played The Sims 2 lol
    Post edited by FlyingPotato659 on
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    "The world is too tiny, why do people want cars in this game?!?!"

- clearly from players who haven't The Sims 2 lol

I played Sims 2 and I don't want cars. They were a waste of space there and they'll be a waste of space now.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I could never understand why those people asking for cars, to me, the so called 'world' looks like towns and neighbourhoods and they are too small for drivable lanes. Honestly, I don't want cars, don't need them, it's not Iike I can watch my sim drives in a fierce sport car from willow creek to windenburg all the way - It's not an open world people.

The Sims Game