Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hints to cars? Decide for yourself...

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    I could never understand why those people asking for cars, to me, the so called 'world' looks like towns and neighbourhoods and they are too small for drivable lanes. Honestly, I don't want cars, don't need them, it's not Iike I can watch my sim drives in a fierce sport car from willow creek to windenburg all the way - It's not an open world people.

cars from from the sims 2 nightlife, closed world.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    "The world is too tiny, why do people want cars in this game?!?!"

- clearly from players who haven't The Sims 2 lol

Right??? Also it is so obvious cars are coming, they kept repeating no cars in 2018. The travel icon is literally a car.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2019
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    "The world is too tiny, why do people want cars in this game?!?!"

- clearly from players who haven't The Sims 2 lol

Right??? Also it is so obvious cars are coming, they kept repeating no cars in 2018. The travel icon is literally a car.

i don't get how, no proper roads in the sims 4, just illusions, pretend cars, trams, etc etc.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @YankeesForever Let's not make assumptions based on icons though. After all, on most people's cell phones, the "call" button looks like the handset of phones from the 90s and before, and those certainly aren't coming back. The "travel" section being a car in the Sims is like that because that gives us the best understanding of travel as a concept, as well as a subconscious explanation of how Sims are getting where they're going when they do travel.
    I personally don't think that the development team's time is well spent on making cars, considering the limited uses they'd get in the game. This isn't even like the Sims 2, because cars don't even pick you up for work in this game. At best, cars in TS4 would be very large "new gameplay" items that would probably allow you to get like a new car smell moodlet and give you some sort of moodlet as you go to work, and then maybe a rabbit hole when you take it out on the town. But I just don't see cars as being as significant as they were in TS3 or even TS2. The other majorly complicating issue are neighborhoods like Brindleton Bay, where a lot of the houses and venues aren't even on roads, which would mean that cars would be illogical.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    The travel icon change from airplane to car really got me thinking. My guess is either they're adding cars, or they'll make a travelling pack, and use the airplane icon for that.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    If we can't have cars, our Sims need a simpler form of transportation -

tMwnITP.jpg
    my ("Radiant Blue") 1962 Schwinn De Luxe American
    oR0bsfO.jpg
    my ("Flamboyant Red") 1964 Schwinn Typhoon

(In case you're curious - Yes, both of my bikes STILL have their original colors and chrome parts and not been repainted.)

Sims could (in theory) ride on the streets, on the sidewalks, OR even in the parks! Best of all, Sims COULD ride their bikes to build Athletic Skills.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @5782341b77vl Your name is tough to write! But that said, I wouldn't mind alternative forms of transit like bikes, scooters, or skateboards. Unlike cars, these can be ridden on sidewalks, or used to exercise. I LOVED AND ADORED the mopeds and bikes in TS3 World Adventures, and wouldn't mind seeing small transit return. Bikes could be ridden around the little neighborhood you're in for exercise (think jogging), skateboards too (and at a skate park, which would be required to come with skateboards), and little scooters.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    I have been wondering this myself. The new neighbourhood (Del Sol Valley) seems to have much wider streets with fake cars parked on the the shoulders. Also, I noticed that the lots seem to have a lot of space for driveways that even slope out into the street.