Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hints to cars? Decide for yourself...

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    I honestly have to ask...why does everyone want cars? The worlds are tiny and enclosed so what would you gain from having cars in the game

Have you played The sims 2? Even more closed worlds where only your lot was active, but it had cars. Loved by many players. It had in-car interactions and cool animations too, so it was not just for driving.

True, cars worked in ts2.
    But driveways in ts2 snapped to the road, you sim could back out of their driveway, and drive off into the sunset loading screen. Many lots in ts4 aren't near a road, and those that are, have the kerb to deal with. This means that it's highly unlikely they'd be able to have driveways as awesome as they were in ts2.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Hmm, I see a car icon at around 32:37, if that's the one OneAdorkableGirl is talking about then it's already in the game.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Hmm, I see a car icon at around 32:37, if that's the one OneAdorkableGirl is talking about then it's already in the game.

That's the "travel/visit" icon you get when you hover over a lot in the neighborhood your sim is living in. It's been in the game from the start, so no hint of cars; sorry.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Theyve always called the person playing the driver, and it played more than just sims 2.

We're definitely reaching a bit here. I think cars are in the works, but don't get too hyped.

They were playing the sims 2 theme song and nightlife.. what else did u here?

They also played music from TS3.
    edited October 2018
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    It looks like a separate building to me;but who knows. I mean unless the cars have an option to fix them up or teach teen sims to drive, etc...they would add little to the game really. But at least it could add more to the game play which is what we really need.

Don't forget about woohooing,making out,chatting and listening to the radio in cars.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited October 2018

Why choose to say 'act as a vehicle' in this career description?
    Yes, you can it means more than just transportation.
    a vehicle also can be a means of expression, agency, agent, instrument, mechanism, organ, apparatus
    "a vehicle for the communication of original ideas"

A driver should have been used in the manner that it was used. Some said they use the word all the time.
    can also be used as a program that controls a device. Every device, whether it be a printer, disk drive, or keyboard, must have a driver, we drive our computers right.

Was he building a garage, looks like maybe a house with a garage, he could just like to draw something easy, Like a house on a hill with a garage. It's possible.

Using sims 2 music, to introduce cars. I must take others word for that because I was not on at that time. t
    Totally, chose that music for a reason, unknown to us.

chairs with wheels can lead to cars with wheel once you learn how you do know how, right, and he said he did learn how.

Do I think they are hinting to Cars Yup, No one said we can not have cars. did they?

So we get the patch for free and then Cars for Christmas. :)

Never, Never ignore a hint. EA/Maxis employees love to send us secret hints.

What you are saying makes more sense, than what I said when I saw the cat walking across the table with the snow booties, I thought are we now getting snow depth? lol.

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    It looks like a separate building to me;but who knows. I mean unless the cars have an option to fix them up or teach teen sims to drive, etc...they would add little to the game really. But at least it could add more to the game play which is what we really need.

Don't forget about woohooing,making out,chatting and listening to the radio in cars.

LOL, CLP, you and your woohooing. :tongue::joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Nothing wrong with more woohoo ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Nothing wrong with more woohoo ;)

tenor.gif?itemid=5795910
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I've moved this to Speculation and Rumors - as we're, ahem, speculating over if this means cars this section feels more appropriate.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
    edited October 2018

That tiny car icon in our Sims 4 is a good hint of things to come. It shows that they knew we needed a car to drive there.
    Also, they knew that a car can be driven say down the street.
    Afterall they did not use the kind of preschool plane icon. They are asking the player would you like to drive there? right, they could have just use the words (go here).
    But nope they wanted us to think about driving to that destination. And what do we drive, Cars, and motorbikes, and bikes and tricycles for toddlers, and also our computer mouse lol?

Ok, this is just speculation on my part, But they are asking the player would you like to drive there.?
    No, we can not drive a car yet in the sims 4, we are too advanced for that, we have to take a plane. :)
    Think about it, Look at that plane icon, it has no windows, no doors, it's not even a nice plane like color, I think it was temporary, and they perhaps just ran out of time and put making cars down the road. So they kept that icon of the plane, they never meant to make us take a plane down the street.?
    I think it is our best in-game hint.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Trashmagic wrote: »

That's the "travel/visit" icon you get when you hover over a lot in the neighborhood your sim is living in. It's been in the game from the start, so no hint of cars; sorry.

Sorry, I fell asleep last night after I posted, lol. And thanks for clarification. That's weird, I never noticed that before. I guess because I don't hover over lots that are in the Sims neighborhood because I don't visit them because I know it's going to be a loading screen. So, I never really leave my home lot, unless I zoom out and say I want to travel to a community lot.

and that is usually a magnifying glass for the 'world map'.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Toddlers confirmed.

Wait...

Woah, I actually remember those days of comments like this are in the forums. I kinda miss it lol.

Back on topic, whether they hint it or not, I hope that cars will arrive in The Sims 4. It dosen't matter what they say about it, what matters is what they can do and when they can prove they can do it. Terrain tools is the best example. They told us it is possible, but with how the architecture of the game based on the modders perspective it had appeared impossible, and that many rumors of this was circulating around the community, now the team proved that it is possible. I hope the same they will happen for cars. :)

One more thing about the music they choose.
    The music industry is so complicated as far as copywrites.
    I know that EA/Maxis do pay the real singers to translate their songs into Simish while singing their songs, and sometimes it has cost more than the original.
    So you just never know the reason why with music. in sims 4. It may be complicated when a certain song can be played.
    I was watching someone play Sims 1, Is that what they called it? or was it just The Sims. well anyway that person turn the music down because they were not sure if it was copyrighted, and just played without music. on their youtube channel.

Even though they have paid for the music to be in Simish, it still could be limitations on when it can be played.
    But I still think the OP is correct in her speculation on why they chose that particular song about Cars
    Also, that is why our music sound just like the real songs and why we can recognize the songs we know.
    I know EA/Maxis do have official soundtracks. I have some links, just not sure if they are free to download and listen or not.
    THE SIMS 4 ELECTRONIC OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK - ALL ELECTRONIC , is one.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I honestly have to ask...why does everyone want cars? The worlds are tiny and enclosed so what would you gain from having cars in the game

You gain realism. Right now a lot of us are blowing up the toy cars and they look stupid. Not sure if you ever played sims 2, but cars can have a lot of playability options. You can woohoo in them, chill and listen to music with others, and it's enjoyable to see your sims get in a car and pull out of the driveway before the load screen starts up. It's nice to have different cars to choose from for each sim and it makes for a completed home when building. Hopefully functioning garage doors would come with cars that open and close. It would add a lot of enjoyment for me. I hate not having cars.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

Have you played The sims 2? Even more closed worlds where only your lot was active, but it had cars. Loved by many players. It had in-car interactions and cool animations too, so it was not just for driving.

But in TS2 every lot had a proper road in front of them. In TS4 about the half of the lots available aren't connected to roads at all or are located in closed-off pedestrian areas.
    a256aFi.gif
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    does seem like they are hinting that cars are coming. would be awesome to have a classic car from the 50's or 60's sitting in the driveway to interact with. :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I thought they stated they don't hint at all.

Oh they just float that for Plausible Deniability. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member

But in TS2 every lot had a proper road in front of them. In TS4 about the half of the lots available aren't connected to roads at all or are located in closed-off pedestrian areas.

I don't think it matters. Most of us just want cars so we can have actual cars with actual garages rather than toy cars in pretend garages.
  • SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member

Realism. Even though the cars would disappear as soon as the got off the lot, it would add a lot of realism to have animations of Sims getting in the cars, Sims buckling toddlers into car seats, and Sims driving. Plus for builders it would add a lot to have to incorporate garages and driveways into builds
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think the tiny car icon is a hint to cars coming, not that I wouldn't love to have cars in the game in one way or another. I just don't think it's a hint. We've had an airplane when using the map to travel from day one and we never had planes in the game and probably never will.

Realism. Even though the cars would disappear as soon as the got off the lot, it would add a lot of realism to have animations of Sims getting in the cars, Sims buckling toddlers into car seats, and Sims driving. Plus for builders it would add a lot to have to incorporate garages and driveways into builds

excellent. :)
    Stormsview wrote: »
    That tiny car icon in our Sims 4 is a good hint of things to come. It shows that they knew we needed a car to drive there.
    Also, they knew that a car can be driven say down the street.
    Afterall they did not use the kind of preschool plane icon. They are asking the player would you like to drive there? right, they could have just use the words (go here).
    But nope they wanted us to think about driving to that destination. And what do we drive, Cars, and motorbikes, and bikes and tricycles for toddlers, and also our computer mouse lol?

Ok, this is just speculation on my part, But they are asking the player would you like to drive there.?
    No, we can not drive a car yet in the sims 4, we are too advanced for that, we have to take a plane. :)
    Think about it, Look at that plane icon, it has no windows, no doors, it's not even a nice plane like color, I think it was temporary, and they perhaps just ran out of time and put making cars down the road. So they kept that icon of the plane, they never meant to make us take a plane down the street.?
    I think it is our best in-game hint.

Another thing is the boats in Brendleton Bay. Several of them can transport sims to different places granted they get close to the boats and you hit a loading screen. I think they're testing boats to see how cars might work however I'd expect to be able to see your sims in cars.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

You know.. I gotta pray that they do not let the cars disappear like that even thought that's what they probably thought of doing. It was an ugly mistake from the beginning and with cars, they would have a good chance in fixing it. At least let sims get picked up by a school bus again and carpool cars for work. Or even taxi's! Let real taxi's show up the lot when sims want to travel. I loved that in TS2. You had to call the cab and then there was still a bit time before it arrived. It would even wait a period for you to click on it and get it. Perfect so say bye to your date.. Loved those little features!

They better make animations where sims actually open the door, get into the car and drive off the lot at least the same as sims 'walk to home' from a lot, otherwise it's a missed chance. If they finally give us cars after this many years, then it should be good with at least the basics. They decided to cut all the basics out, so now it's just more work for them to bring THAT and additions back.

Oh and I love the toddler idea! It's pretty cute! I wouldnt even have the doubt when this was a sims 2 game. I would know it would be implanted in the game.. with the sims 4 we always have this doubt and trauma of.. 'probably not'. Its pretty bad actually if you think about it.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

You know.. I gotta pray that they do not let the cars disappear like that even thought that's what they probably thought of doing. It was an ugly mistake from the beginning and with cars, they would have a good chance in fixing it. At least let sims get picked up by a school bus again and carpool cars for work. Or even taxi's! Let real taxi's show up the lot when sims want to travel. I loved that in TS2. You had to call the cab and then there was still a bit time before it arrived. It would even wait a period for you to click on it and get it. Perfect so say bye to your date.. Loved those little features!

They better make animations where sims actually open the door, get into the car and drive off the lot at least the same as sims 'walk to home' from a lot, otherwise it's a missed chance. If they finally give us cars after this many years, then it should be good with at least the basics. They decided to cut all the basics out, so now it's just more work for them to bring THAT and additions back.

Oh and I love the toddler idea! It's pretty cute! I wouldnt even have the doubt when this was a sims 2 game. I would know it would be implanted in the game.. with the sims 4 we always have this doubt and trauma of.. 'probably not'. Its pretty bad actually if you think about it.

I agree. A lot of the lots aren't connected to roads, so sims will probably teleport using their car. So I hope they include proper car animations (like opening doors) to make up for that (and the lack of open world). And for the lots that do connect to the road, I hope they add proper animations of the car getting on the road and driving around
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?