Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yes. We do need 3 more years of sims 4 . Because there is so much potential for this game. I know it might seem like everyone is soooo unhappy and that they should abandon ship sometimes, but a large amount of players are enjoying the current game and looking forward to future releases. There is so much more that can be done , to make sims 4 really shine. I prefer it over the previous games by far.

If it's a diamond in the rough, how many more years do they need to rub on that old piece of coal to get it to shine? They have been applying a lot of elbow grease but it's not quite as shiny as the others were by this point. :#
    ETA: I'll just ask this question, are you sure at the end of three years people won't still be saying, 'It has so much potential, we need another ten for all that we want that is missing'...I would bet good money they will be saying the same as they are today and will still feel it's not 'complete'.

Im having fun with the game NOW!!!! Why do some have hard time accepting that not everyone is bored/dislikes sims 4? :/ Its becoming a bit strange. By potential, that means theres still a lot of fresh new gameplay that hasnt been added yet . Sims 3 was a lump of coal to me, because the sims in that game weren't likable @Cinebar

Actually, I agree with @EnjoyfulSimmer at this moment, in spite of some Get Famous celebrities being an annoyance sometimes. Even with no mods etc. the game is running more smoothly and I can manage families of eight easily which I couldn't in previous iterations. There is so much for my Sims to do, they obey my own commands and building is easy so that I would rather have Patches to repair bugs rather than another expansion too soon. The more I go deeper into the game with a particular family or Sim, the more I find in commands and interactions so I don't trust early critics and game-changers reviews anymore. They just skim over the surface.

One question. Would an online Sims 5 require players to be over 18? Another block-busting game for 13's and over, which I won't mention here has had bad troubles reported in uk newspapers these last couple of weeks. I would need to know that my online avatar and account was fully safe having to play online all the time.

I enjoyed Sims 3 while it lasted though but regret the huge amount of stuff I bought for it now. I've still got it in reserve.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited January 2019
    I am not surprised Sims 3 has not been archived as of yet as it previous editions was archived shortly after an edition showed up, Sims 3 must had an impact on most people as we find ourselves talking about it whether it negative or good. The store is still open I go back now and then to buy something. I rather wait for the horse's mouth to speak about about an new edition being EA/Maxis has ruined it's own franchises and Sims series may not be immune to it as I do not see it as the cash cow as it once was, but time will tell and to be honest I would not be moved if they did. As far as Sims 1, 2, and 3 goes I am glad to have it in my library being I also collect games and have an vast library of games good and bad.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I am trying to be fair and patient with TS4, especially since terrain tools were added, but I am consistently finding more and more restrictions the further we go along. Though I was happy when terrain tools were added, I have since recognized the restrictions, as compared to previous versions, that came with them. Mostly the fact that terrain on and around lots is flat, making use of the terrain tools building anything taller than a few feet of the surrounding landscape look rather out of place and awkward. On top of that, I have also had routing issues going from one floor to another to the point that I have had to do some of my builds from scratch because my Sims would not go upstairs in an enclosed house. Rebuilding the exact same house on a flat lot did not have routing issues. So, it becomes very frustrating to the point that I must say that I don’t want to go through 3 more years of more frustrations.

I agree and not having the ability to alter the lot size for me is one of the problems and I am guessing if they allowed that to happen they would to alter the whole neighborhood parameters and I am thinking they do not want to do that. So with them giving us terrain tools is take or leave. But you are right everything giving there is usually an restriction tied to it and looking CL with apts, they gave us apts but was restricted to and where we can use them and also the level of creating them was restricted and I hate to accept something that restricts my creativity and then be grateful for it and that is not going to happen.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Regarding the question of whether we need another 3 years of ts4, I did notice that in the later years with ts3 that the content quality and regularity began to noticeably decline. I seem to remember that the same thing happened with ts2. Perhaps this is just a standard handling by EA for their games that are resurrected anew every few years as more time/money/energies are spent on the newer versions.

However, with its unfortunate initial (and many, many subsequent missteps), ts4 has never quite caught up to even the later years' quality level of ts3, in my humble opinion. This does not bode well for the bits of upcoming content for ts4 (which doesn't seem to be aging very well anyway) that we can expect... over the next 3 years or not.

I have noticed the same thing happening when they are getting ready to move on to the next iteration. Unfortunately, TS4 has been laden with all sorts of problems from the very beginning.

The only reason I would want TS4 to continue is to fill in the gap to allow them the time to do a great, quality job with TS5. I don't trust them to take the time needed to release a product of the quality this franchise so richly deserves though. I really, really hope they prove me wrong though.

I think that that "holding pattern" for ts4 is what we're currently seeing and very well may be why we're being told that this iteration is going to continue for far longer than it realistically deserves with its obvious limitations... in my humble opinion.

The exuberant fanfare for the content being release for ts4 does seem more and more forced after ts4 life's peak (whenever that occurred... but surely we're past it now) and not commensurate with the amount of gameplay for the content release.

However, I also hope this extra time gives them what they need to create a worthy successor to ts2 and ts3.

I have a silly question. If they have three years of stuff, then why have meetings of how to engage new players, and or even current players and how to make more money if it's all in the bag, and they have three more years' of content? Just a question I was musing about. lol (you either have it or you don't)

ETA: I'll just give out a piece of advice to anyone it might apply to, if the fanbase is demanding stuff, then be glad they are, because when they stop, they have left the buiding.

That's an interesting take on what is occurring with the franchise if I understand what you are saying. Basically, just running out the three year (or whatever transient goalpost of the moment) clock on distractions of grand possibilities with dribbles of actualities until the next iteration is far enough along to be announced? I hadn't thought of the situation being that darkly machiavellianistic.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey everyone, when it comes to the different Sims games, some people prefer 3, some prefer 4 others want to go to the next game and some just like the originals. Everyone's own tastes are different and everyone is entitled to like or dislike whichever of the games they want. Lets try and keep the discussion constructive and a little less about who's opinion matters most alright?

~Rtas
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Regarding the question of whether we need another 3 years of ts4, I did notice that in the later years with ts3 that the content quality and regularity began to noticeably decline. I seem to remember that the same thing happened with ts2. Perhaps this is just a standard handling by EA for their games that are resurrected anew every few years as more time/money/energies are spent on the newer versions.

However, with its unfortunate initial (and many, many subsequent missteps), ts4 has never quite caught up to even the later years' quality level of ts3, in my humble opinion. This does not bode well for the bits of upcoming content for ts4 (which doesn't seem to be aging very well anyway) that we can expect... over the next 3 years or not.

I have noticed the same thing happening when they are getting ready to move on to the next iteration. Unfortunately, TS4 has been laden with all sorts of problems from the very beginning.

The only reason I would want TS4 to continue is to fill in the gap to allow them the time to do a great, quality job with TS5. I don't trust them to take the time needed to release a product of the quality this franchise so richly deserves though. I really, really hope they prove me wrong though.

I think that that "holding pattern" for ts4 is what we're currently seeing and very well may be why we're being told that this iteration is going to continue for far longer than it realistically deserves with its obvious limitations... in my humble opinion.

The exuberant fanfare for the content being release for ts4 does seem more and more forced after ts4 life's peak (whenever that occurred... but surely we're past it now) and not commensurate with the amount of gameplay for the content release.

However, I also hope this extra time gives them what they need to create a worthy successor to ts2 and ts3.

I have a silly question. If they have three years of stuff, then why have meetings of how to engage new players, and or even current players and how to make more money if it's all in the bag, and they have three more years' of content? Just a question I was musing about. lol (you either have it or you don't)

ETA: I'll just give out a piece of advice to anyone it might apply to, if the fanbase is demanding stuff, then be glad they are, because when they stop, they have left the buiding.

That's an interesting take on what is occurring with the franchise if I understand what you are saying. Basically, just running out the three year (or whatever transient goalpost of the moment) clock on distractions of grand possibilities with dribbles of actualities until the next iteration is far enough along to be announced? I hadn't thought of the situation being that darkly machiavellianistic.

Isn't this the way the world of games works anyway? Look at the other new games with their updating continually. I hope they leave Sims 5 until the current dystopian fashion in games ends and games are made a little bit more hopeful.-

(PS: This reminds me of a current situation we appear to have in the UK at the moment) >:) .
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2019
    The majority of opinions in this thread is we all hope TS5 will not be anything like TS4, not an MMO, and not online only or Cloud save only. And why we would want to continue buying lack luster packs with many bugs and or more bugs in previous packs or base game caused my installing more content from Maxis. Those are the opinions of almost all in this thread, since I have read every statement in here for pages and pages, no matter if we do prefer the other games or not, even if many like or love TS4 we are all hoping they don't turn out TS5 like they have TS4. ETA: And after four long years, it's still Meh...even if it had some very good packs, some very good ideas here and there, the overall feel of the game as a whole is still Meh. ETA: And it is my perception even for those who love TS4 they need three more years to make the game feel as complete or 'full' as previous games...maybe all that was on purpose or maybe it's actually the core of the game that is lacking and anyone playing still feels like it needs more and more...maybe by design, or maybe by mistake or lack of focus on what is important to most players other than fluff, it still leaves all feeling half full, half empty or whatever way you think and it's four years past time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I think that some people just interpret things the way they would like to and choose to believe what suits them. Im over it. I have a game I play and enjoy and it will be added on to for 3 more years so there's no need for me to stress over people with fingers in their ears, saying "lalala"
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think that some people just interpret things the way they would like to and choose to believe what suits them. Im over it. I have a game I play and enjoy and it will be added on to for 3 more years so there's no need for me to stress over people with fingers in their ears, saying "lalala"

And some ignore the obvious. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes. We do need 3 more years of sims 4 . Because there is so much potential for this game. I know it might seem like everyone is soooo unhappy and that they should abandon ship sometimes, but a large amount of players are enjoying the current game and looking forward to future releases. There is so much more that can be done , to make sims 4 really shine. I prefer it over the previous games by far.

If it's a diamond in the rough, how many more years do they need to rub on that old piece of coal to get it to shine? They have been applying a lot of elbow grease but it's not quite as shiny as the others were by this point. :#
    ETA: I'll just ask this question, are you sure at the end of three years people won't still be saying, 'It has so much potential, we need another ten for all that we want that is missing'...I would bet good money they will be saying the same as they are today and will still feel it's not 'complete'.

Im having fun with the game NOW!!!! Why do some have hard time accepting that not everyone is bored/dislikes sims 4? :/ Its becoming a bit strange. By potential, that means theres still a lot of fresh new gameplay that hasnt been added yet . Sims 3 was a lump of coal to me, because the sims in that game weren't likable @Cinebar
    And sims in 4 aren’t likable for me (they irritate me; in Sims 3 I love them or even had crushes). That’s got absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this topic though. And of course we’ll have to ‘accept’ lots of players love the game as it is. Why the use of the word potential then though. Potential means it’s not there yet, but promising. Promising? Four years in? That’s what this topic is about.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,934 Member
    I think the game is fine as is. With the release of Pets and Seasons whatever comes next is just icing on the cake for me. But. Why is considered wrong for some to say the game hasn't reached it's full potential yet. The previous games took 4 years to reach their full potential. Not in 2 years which would have been the halfway point in their development. This game will probably go one for a total of 7 years. Why expect this game to do the same as the previous games in half the development life of the game? Come back in 2022 or whenever the last pack releases and then we can discuss whether the additional years were needed.
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2019
    My main argument against jumping to TS5 right now is basically this:

If they cannot get performance, optimization and bug fixing right specially with some issues that have been present for years with no fix, I have nothing to look forward in TS5. I want to see TS4 run well before TS5 gets here to have a tiny bit of hope that maybe they can do things properly. I get quite some lag and simulation lag in San Myshuno, and most advices include "don't live in San Myshuno" or "don't visit as often" when I have a custom gaming rig that I've poured thousands upon thousands over the years. About the closest fix has been a modified simulation lag fix mod. So what, don't use or play in a world I paid for in an EP? Come on. Oh don't put too many items or non functional decor on lots it will lag. Great! Remind me again why they scrapped open worlds in TS4? So a $2000 rig ain't enough, of course not, this goes beyond specs and more into the engine.

I had enough with TS3 and its sad state it was left in and put up with it for 7 years. How long is enough for this studio to learn or care at all?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The main problem is the sims themselves, they are shallow.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    My question is this:

Are you all really, really ready to go back to a base game with no weather? No pets? Potentially only 3 worlds to choose from again? Maybe no laundry?

Because I'm not ready to hear all those complaints again.
  • Options
    Rogue KurosawaRogue Kurosawa Posts: 5 New Member
    I understand everything that is being said and I agree with many of the points that were made, but in my opinion The Sims 4 shouldn't be ousted for a good while still. I mean The Sims 4 had a rocky start but there is still great potential to be had in the game. Sure, eventually The Sims 5 will probably be made and released but I think The Sims 4 should stick around for a good while, build more onto the game, add more items, add more build features, etc. Doing that would definitely make the game much more interesting and would refresh the game as if it was a brand new game. I personally hope that EA/Maxis will keep working on The Sims 4 for a nice long while before tossing it out a back window.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    The main problem is the sims themselves, they are shallow.

I agree. This is why I think since they have decided on at least 3 more years of the sims 4 they should truly consider rehashing the sims.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    My question is this:

Are you all really, really ready to go back to a base game with no weather? No pets? Potentially only 3 worlds to choose from again? Maybe no laundry?

When it’s a basegame with a proper, enjoyable set up? Sims with personalities, whims/wishes that are challenging, consequences, open world, ways to customize your game, all that? Yep, more than willing to go ‘back’.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    My question is this:

When it’s a basegame with a proper, enjoyable set up? Sims with personalities, whims/wishes that are challenging, consequences, open world, ways to customize your game, all that? Yep, more than willing to go ‘back’.

Given that I've yet to enjoy any base game to date for more than a few weeks, it'll be a while before I'd sink a dime into a new iteration. I bought TS3 when it came out then stopped until 2 years went by. Same with TS4 although that one was 4 years afterwards.

Base games for me have always been so barren and basic it feels like I truly am buying a foundation rather than a game. One of the things I've hated since TS1.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Archieonic wrote: »
    My question is this:

Given that I've yet to enjoy any base game to date for more than a few weeks, it'll be a while before I'd sink a dime into a new iteration. I bought TS3 when it came out then stopped until 2 years went by. Same with TS4 although that one was 4 years afterwards.

Base games for me have always been so barren and basic it feels like I truly am buying a foundation rather than a game. One of the things I've hated since TS1.
    That doesn’t apply to me though ;) I played Sims 1 basegame only briefly, still regret I didn’t know about cheats back then to help me out a bit, but I still remember that very strange feeling of not being able to stop playing. I loved it, but it was too hard for me to reopen it and continue. Sims 3 basegame was just as addictive for me for the same reasons, but this time without it being too hard for them to survive. So speaking for myself, a good basegame can definitely keep me hooked. Which doesn’t mean of course I don’t love the building upon that good foundation. Sims 4 basegame is not a good foundation.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    What do you guys mean by TS4 Sims are shallow? How so? I'm curious for an in-depth look at what makes the Sims interesting or not to you. I think how Sims act is deeply rooted to the capabilities of the game engine/A.I. So if that has a weak foundation and too many limitations then so will the game's features and Sims. No amount of future features/coding without a major overhaul of the game engine/A.I. could ever seem to fix that in my opinion.

Just looking at The Sims (2000) I always remember positive gaming experiences and the Sims themselves are quite charming and just stand out. The same feelings with TS2 and TS3 but there is something a little different and extra special I notice about TS3 Sims that some are quick to overlook as they never care to actually get to know their Sims and just rush through gameplay. The A.I. is the most advanced and most in-depth of any Sims game in my opinion. Because the franchise is a life simulator it needs to have Sims that acts realistic and relatable for the majority to even care. Not to mention, some franchises grow up too along with the fans than remain like Peter Pan and forever appeal to the youth. That is a part of the reason why the Sims in TS/TS2/TS3 are memorable and likable for me. Each iteration is more mature but still humorous in its own way. It grew up with me and I appreciated that greatly.

From what I have seen and read, TS4 Sims I don't understand and wouldn't be able to care at all as it would be difficult to take anything seriously. Almost everything seems like a joke, it's too light-hearted and overall a slapdash kind of game which, to me, is not what The Sims ever was. I'm not seeing any intelligence or maturity in TS4 Sims.

The Sims themselves are one of the biggest features of the game and if I can't find any intrigue then there's no point of wasting time or money on something that completely veered off the path.

Personally, I wouldn't be so hopeful for 3 more years concerning any major improvement for Sims themselves let alone anything else truly amazing. I don't see any potential at all. Of course, I play many games so I have experience with top notch quality games compared to others that just fail...to me. I still feel that the base game/game engine is the biggest indicator of what's to come in terms of worthwhile features and innovation. Sure, there are plenty of times it gets modified and even updated but the condition that TS4 is in after all this time says a lot. Even molasses makes faster progress. Even a snail makes faster progress.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if The Sims (2000) development team was much bigger than TS4 team. To clarify, nothing wrong with slow and steady, but if it's not making a difference in quality than what's the point?
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I agree with you @JoAnne65 . I'd be more than happy to try a base game again if it was substantial: including everything that was later patched in in 4 because we missed it, popular expansions that we expect like seasons, pets, etc, as well as everything you mentioned.

I played all the games with base only for ages. For 1 and 3 I never had any expansions and I was fine with that. For 2 I only had a couple (a bundle with nightlife and then seasons when it arrived since it was totally new). For 4 I have several (though not even half) of the packs. But only after I played base for a year before I even got one.

My point is that I enjoyed playing the base game in all of them to various degrees. My opinion is that I have more packs for 4 because it's base, when I began playing, was missing an awful lot, and now we've reached the point where I would be ready to move onto the next game or buy packs. As others have pointed out, we're at the all important four year mark.

With 1-3 at this point I was able to move on because a new game arrived. With 4 I have another three years, so I have to fill it with more Sims 4 content, since that's what's available.

As a side note, not to anyone in particular, but generally speaking, I was thinking that some player's base game experiences are going to be extremely varied. If you've bought the base game in the past several months to a year, what you're playing is, in my opinion, vastly different from the initial release, which was missing a ton of things you may not have realized were never there at the start.
  • Options
    My question is this:

That doesn’t apply to me though ;) I played Sims 1 basegame only briefly, still regret I didn’t know about cheats back then to help me out a bit, but I still remember that very strange feeling of not being able to stop playing. I loved it, but it was too hard for me to reopen it and continue. Sims 3 basegame was just as addictive for me for the same reasons, but this time without it being too hard for them to survive. So speaking for myself, a good basegame can definitely keep me hooked. Which doesn’t mean of course I don’t love the building upon that good foundation. Sims 4 basegame is not a good foundation.

I'd also argument that Sims 3 was a rather broken foundation that never got fixed and no one ever cared for it to be fixed. So clearly Eaxis has not learned the lesson after 10 years almost. The only solid foundation was in TS2, despite me getting bored with the base game because I'm a content type of player, rather than imagining stories and whatnot.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    edited January 2019
    luxsylvan wrote: »

As a side note, not to anyone in particular, but generally speaking, I was thinking that some player's base game experiences are going to be extremely varied. If you've bought the base game in the past several months to a year, what you're playing is, in my opinion, vastly different from the initial release, which was missing a ton of things you may not have realized were never there at the start.

A really good point about the original TS4 base game being very different from the existing base game.

For me, I enjoyed playing the base game of previous iterations, but I can't say the same for TS4. I know a lot of simmers really like TS4 and that's fine with me. TS4 is just not my cup of tea. TS3 really spoiled me I guess you could say. They opened up a whole world to me and made it really feel like a life simulation for my sims who actually interacted with other sims who reacted according to their traits, only to take it all away with TS4. My experience with TS4 has been my sim's interactions with every npc sim has gotten the same results regardless of the npc sim's "traits". Then to top it off, TS4 was causing problems in my game due to buggy game play after every patch and new pack. I just found the whole experience of dealing with constant loading screens and buggy game play very frustrating and irritating to me.

I know that TS3 had its own issues as well, but I guess they were easier for me to overlook or deal with due to my really liking how the base game was set up.

My hope is that with TS5 they take simmer's input into account and produce a game that we all can enjoy. I don't have much faith any more in it happening, but a game that isn't always suffering from performance problems and poor quality would be a welcome change.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    People's experiences are vastly different for all sorts of reasons. Me, I liked this game from the day I opened it. I know we didn't have some things just by playing it but assumed they would get here and I didn't focus on those things. I just enjoyed it and explored it. I loved Sims 1 and 2 throughout their lifespan, and I didn't start when they had everything in them either. I went from EP to EP, pack to pack just like I'm doing now. I really had a bad reaction opening Sims 3 base game.. I didn't read anyone's opinion on it prior. It was my personal reaction, and it didn't change with a weeks worth of playing so I put it away. I didn't play it again until a few years ago and I can't still get over what I couldn't like about it then. It could have had every bell and whistle in the world and it didn't matter. I just couldn't like it. I did feel for a short while that they had taken my sim game away from me during it's run but I had life things to do and I got over it.
    I of course have said I want to continue getting things for this game because I love it. I enjoy playing it. Today I played for more hours than I should have, and will probably go back in later.
    I can see eventually playing a Sims 5 but if they just stopped with this game now.. that would give me pause. I would have to think long and hard before buying the next one. I don't think that's a possibility that it will just stop of course, but it would be telling me they might not get to everything I want in the next game so don't go getting attached, there are other things to put your time into. It would create a broken trust for this simmer off the bat.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    My question is this:

I'd also argument that Sims 3 was a rather broken foundation that never got fixed and no one ever cared for it to be fixed. So clearly Eaxis has not learned the lesson after 10 years almost. The only solid foundation was in TS2, despite me getting bored with the base game because I'm a content type of player, rather than imagining stories and whatnot.
    Not sure what you’re referring to so maybe I’m misinterpreting but I meant having a foundation with gameplay that keeps you entertained, pulls you in and won’t let go. Not bugs or glitches. I was reacting to someone who was wondering if anyone would be prepared to return to that and my reaction is yes, as for me, most definitely. As long as that basegame is a strong foundation (as it was for me with Sims 1 and 3 (I missed 2 but over the years it’s become clear to me that game may have had the strongest basegame of them all) and not an empty shell that needs to be filled with patches and DLC to become somewhat enjoyable. I’d love to jump into a proper, strong new Sims basegame. Totally ready for that.
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top