Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do the Scouts have a special recipe for cookies?

Hello,
In another thread somewhere, someone said that there were Scout cookies in the Seasons expansion pack. Do the Scouts eventually get a special recipe that Sims can eat, or is it an off camera event? I have a Sim in Scouts, but I haven't seen any cookies.

That would be so cool if the other household members could enjoy Scout cookies too. Maybe they could buy a box to support their child. (The parents would give the child Simoleons to represent buying a box.)
I really hope there is a recipe.
I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.

Comments

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited September 2018
    I actually just noticed this yesterday - when looking at the quick meals in the refrigerator my scout had an option for "Scout Cookies." I don't think there's anyway to make them though.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    So they can have them as a snack? At least that's cute!
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2018
    I actually just noticed this yesterday - when looking at the quick meals in the refrigerator my scout had an option for "Scout Cookies." I don't think there's anyway to make them though.

Wow, thank you! Maybe I can put a bunch of cookie quick meals in the child's inventory and use one of the street tables to have a Scout cookie bake sale. If the child can't sell the cookies herself, her parents will help. I'm going to try it out! I love the little extra role-playing options like this.

Edit: @Simpatsyann I'm afraid I don't see this anywhere in my game. Is your scout a child or a teenager? Maybe they have to be teenagers. It's strange because I searched online and all it said was that they have to earn 1 badge. My child is a unicorn scout. I don't have any mods or CC in my game. I'm confused.
    Post edited by Rococo1256 on
  • Options
    Rococo1256 wrote: »

Wow, thank you! Maybe I can put a bunch of cookie quick meals in the child's inventory and use one of the street tables to have a Scout cookie bake sale. If the child can't sell the cookies herself, her parents will help. I'm going to try it out! I love the little extra role-playing options like this.

Edit: @Simpatsyann I'm afraid I don't see this anywhere in my game. Is your scout a child or a teenager? Maybe they have to be teenagers. It's strange because I searched online and all it said was that they have to earn 1 badge. My child is a unicorn scout. I don't have any mods or CC in my game. I'm confused.

The scout I was referring to was a teenager when I noticed it, so maybe that's it? She's now aged to young adult and still has the option (plus all the other scouting options), but she did complete all the badges and got the Scouting Aptitude trait when she aged up.

I have some child scouts now so I can check it with them when I get home tonight. I do run with a lot of mods but nothing that should affect scouting (and I can pull them out and test without them too).
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Sims need to be a teenager or older to have the option to cook Scout cookies. They also need to have earned at least one badge.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Sims need to be a teenager or older to have the option to cook Scout cookies. They also need to have earned at least one badge.

There we go. :) Thank you, @rosemow!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello

There we go. :) Thank you, @rosemow!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Thank you @rosemow . But I was just wondering because @Simpatsyann said it would show up under quick meals, and shouldn't children also have access to quick meals? Also, Simpatsyann, it's interesting that your young adult Sim still has the option. I thought perhaps I could cheat by giving the mom the "Scout Aptitude" trait, but I don't see that the mom has the option to make scout cookies. I really wanted to be able to have cookies, but I'm not ready to have my child age up yet! Oh well. Thank you both very much for your help.
  • Options
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow . But I was just wondering because @Simpatsyann said it would show up under quick meals, and shouldn't children also have access to quick meals? Also, Simpatsyann, it's interesting that your young adult Sim still has the option. I thought perhaps I could cheat by giving the mom the "Scout Aptitude" trait, but I don't see that the mom has the option to make scout cookies. I really wanted to be able to have cookies, but I'm not ready to have my child age up yet! Oh well. Thank you both very much for your help.

Your child should definitely have access to quick meals, but per the above, wouldn't have the option for scout cookies under that menu until they turn teen and have at least one badge. If the badge is what the option is tied to and not the scouting aptitude trait that may be why your mom sim doesn't have the option (I'm just assuming here that she hadn't previously earned a badge).

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited September 2018
    A scout who have earned at least one badge unlocks scout cookies.
    Both children and teens can take a cookie from a fridge as a quick meal, but teens can cook them.