Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite SOUND in Sims 4?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    soulofadragon1soulofadragon1 Posts: 38 Member
    I think I love the thunder and rain sounds. really any sounds that have to do with weather.
    meme-7.jpg?w=512&h=512
  • Options
    buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    The wind chimes!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The sound of waves crashing upon the shore, wind chimes, and thunder storms with heavy rain hitting the roof. :)
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    There's also that sound when my big hairy dog comes in from the rain and shakes herself.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    edited September 2018
    Am I the only one who love the UI sounds? :p
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    The sound of the rain can be so calming.
  • Options
    RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    I love the sound of the organ from the Vampires pack - there are so many songs you can play when your sim gets a high enough skill and I also love the spooky one that vampires can play. It reminds me of Phantom of the Opera and while I don't tend to enjoy organ music IRL (it's too long) I love it in the game. That being said, I usually don't play with sound because I like to have a podcast on in the background while I play and I don't like how it sounds when I speed up the game and the sounds also speed up.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    Not a sound exactly, but related to the nooboo discussion. I find it funny when a Sim goes into labour, and you direct them to the crib... they make a couple of pain-type noises and then go "DO NOO WAH NOOBOO!" Tough, the nooboo is coming whether you like it or not :D:D:D
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I love the sound of the Sims walking through (well, on) the snow.
  • Options
    karlakoukarlakou Posts: 23 Member
    The sound of a cat meowing, and the "Very happy" song makes me feel like a complete human being.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Early fall mornings where it's a bit cloudy and dark and a light wind whistles constantly - gives me goosebumps. :smiley:

Also the emotion sting when a Sim becomes Very Happy. The tune reminds me of the Sims 1. :blush:
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    Those sounds that toddlers with the wild trait make.
    They jump around a little bit too. It's really cute. It's like ha-throo, ha-throo, ha-throo, and Yah, yah, yah!

Definitely the "ha-throo" part! To me that's one of the cutest sounds toddlers make.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Early fall mornings where it's a bit cloudy and dark and a light wind whistles constantly - gives me goosebumps. :smiley:

Also the emotion sting when a Sim becomes Very Happy. The tune reminds me of the Sims 1. :blush:

I have the Sting switched off now, I find it can be rather annoying when emotions change quickly in succession; particularly if using the convivial lot trait. Your sim starts coversing and the trait changes them to Confident, they stop conversing and they are switched back to their previous emotion; they start conversing again.......and so on. Ergo sting off. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options

I have the Sting switched off now, I find it can be rather annoying when emotions change quickly in succession; particularly if using the convivial lot trait. Your sim starts coversing and the trait changes them to Confident, they stop conversing and they are switched back to their previous emotion; they start conversing again.......and so on. Ergo sting off. :smile:

I generally don't mind the stings but I never use the Convivial lot trait for that exact reason.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    By the way, I also adore (I really mean!) the sounds in the Deep, Deep Forrest. The birds, the water … Somehow I really enjoy the Holidays of my Sims that much that I hardly miss resorts or free moving through waterworlds … No, drop that, I definitely DO miss that. But these chirpin' birds … the waterfalls and rivers … the sounds of all those creepy insects … or whatever I can hear there … and the jumpin' fish in the rivers and lakes … And some doggish sounds are absolutly fantastic, too.

Very hard to find a favourite, oh my …
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Sims munching on popcorn :tongue:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I have no idea if this is a popular opinion or not, but I actually really like hearing the music when a Sim changes their emotion. I think each one is very fitting with their emotion identity.

Also, the 'very uncomfortable' music that plays reminds me so much of the soundtrack from a movie called 'Amityville 3D'... and whenever a Sim gets to that point, that's all I can think about... lol (it's more of a nostalgic feeling, I guess).

But yeah, I really like the music when the emotions change.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The toddlers singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat as they are pooping.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes to this thread! The sound design in Sims 4 is absolutely stunning. It's possibly one of my very favorite things about the game.

I love the atmosphere created by the wind, crashing waves, the rain and thunderstorms. The wind chimes. Level 1 singing is genius. The musical cues for emotional changes. Footsteps. The sound of sims eating.

I have a short recording of when three townies decided to sing, play violin, and play guitar at the same time in a lounge. All level one. It's a masterpiece. And when a family of 7 plus the old neverending singing glitch all sang together at level one. What a beautiful mess.

With instruments and singing, the transition from terrible to great as a sim levels up is superb.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    I have fond memories of the sound made by the flamingos in Sims 1. I think it happened when the sims kicked it, or maybe just randomly? Not sure, but it was a great sound.

I need to invest in some headphones because I usually only play with sound when I'm alone, but I feel like I'm missing out! I've just gone in to CAS and the music is so funky now!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    the toddler inquisitive sound. That sound they make when they ask for something it gives me a case of the daaaaaaawwwww's and squeeeeee's
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    lydiaofmemeteamlydiaofmemeteam Posts: 32 Member
    I like the waves crashing, wind chimes, and the steamboat in Willow Creek among the ambient sounds.

While this may be an odd pick, I’ve heard the sounds of a dollhouse being smashed many times in my game, after which my Sim who was a child became quite happy with her small demolition. Meanwhile, my young adult Sim immediately started crying after having done the same thing, which I found very amusing.

I also like the stings for a Sim becoming any level of Playful and becoming Very Inspired.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I like the sound of
    -migrating geese in the fall
    -light rain
    -cars driving by
    -snow crunching

Just to name a few.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited December 2018
    I heard (and saw) fireworks going off in the distance last night in Del Sol Valley - that was an evocative sound.