Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite SOUND in Sims 4?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Thunder. And the ambient sounds in Sylvan Glade or Forgotten Grotto. Not only beautiful in those places, but the sounds are great too.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I can't have one favorite and you can't make me! ;)
    The sounds in the game are amazing and make it feel alive. I think when I noticed and appreciated the sound of different types of shoes (or bare feet) on various surfaces it made me more aware of all the sounds though ..because it was really done well.
    I think I might be partial to the little giggle sounds in Sylvan Glade though.. it was one of those oh wow moments for me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • I like the sounds festival notifications make, I hate the sound of multiple sims practicing singing that I can’t control
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member
    I like the sound of rain and thunder, except for the lightning strikes, and the cute cooing that babies make when your sim cuddles them.
    pw0213q.png?1
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    The sounds made by vampires when trying to scare the other Sims. I don't know why, it sounds kinda cute :D ...on the flip side...I kinda hate the spooky music when building... :s
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Love to hear the sound of cars driving by my sim's home. All the sounds in Selvadorada. Crickets, birds, waterfalls.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I love the sound of footsteps through the snow. <3 It's one of my favorite sounds in real life too.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2018
    Those sounds that toddlers with the wild trait make.
    They jump around a little bit too. It's really cute. It's like ha-throo, ha-throo, ha-throo, and Yah, yah, yah!
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Those sounds that toddlers with the wild trait make.
    They jump around a little bit too. It's really cute. It's like ha-throo, ha-throo, ha-throo, and Yah, yah, yah!

I love all the sounds that toddlers make. Even when they're crying or having a tantrum, they're so cute.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited September 2018
    The thunderstorms are BEAUTIFUL. They are my favorite thing ever. Very well done.
    I also like the way they say "baby" in the sims. Whenever they are talking to the baby they say a few sim words and then say "nubu" (noo-boo). It is so cute. And I've never heard them say the word in other situations, so I assume that it means baby. I don't know. I think that it sounds cute.
    Also my Male vampire's singing voice. He sounds like an angel. I love him.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    The thunderstorms are BEAUTIFUL. They are my favorite thing ever. Very well done.
    I also like the way they say "baby" in the sims. Whenever they are talking to the baby they say a few sim words and then say "nubu" (noo-boo). It is so cute. And I've never heard them say the word in other situations, so I assume that it means baby. I don't know. I think that it sounds cute.

I overheard one of my sims call her hamster "nooboo" when she was holding it, so it might not mean baby as in, an actual baby, but some cute term of endearment for a small, cute being.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

Eliza Pancakes just told Lilith that she was preggers, and she used the word "nooboo." Pretty sure I've heard Sims use it when they embrace a loved one.
    And I once had a Sim with the high pitched female voice. I could listen to her serenade for ever. It's a sweet song, and her voice was wonderful.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never played with headphones before. I’ll have to see what y’all are talking about
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    Fwingle Zibbs! Without question my favourite sound. I even find myself singing it without realising when I'm not playing :blush:
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    The nature sounds in Granite Falls & Selvadorada. And of course the adorable toddler babbling.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    simwolf wrote: »
    Fwingle Zibbs! Without question my favourite sound. I even find myself singing it without realising when I'm not playing :blush:

I was singing Fwingle Zibbs around the house the other day :D

It might not be a nice sound, but it sure is funny; get 3 or more sims with singing skill level of less than 3 and get them all practising their singing in the same room; the cacophony had me in stitches.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    Mine gos between toddler babbling and the dog sounds, I recently bought Cats&Dogs so I'm still experimenting everything for the first time and I get caught watching my dog quite a lot, everything about dogs is adorable :D
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    simwolf wrote: »

I love Fwingle Zwibs! But the song stuck in my head is the one they sing in the shower.
    "Bom wosah, bom wosah..."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I have to add that another favorite sound is one I experienced in my game again, just yesterday. That of the long-stemmed juice glasses clinking on the table when set down.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SherryRNSherryRN Posts: 45 Member
    I like most of the ambient sounds, it really helps the game. I love the piano tunes they play, and the "jam" on acoustic guitar is pretty good. One thing I hadn't reckoned with was the "write a song" thing. It took forever and I had "a lively tune" stuck in my head for a good several hours.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I agree. I honestly don't recall such ambient sounds in either Sims2 or 3.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MezinkaMezinka Posts: 111 Member
    I love the sound of the stones being moved during the hot stone massage.
    double_facepalm.jpg
    Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I like the sound of my sims cooking. Especially when they mess up and panic.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    i love the sounds of the rain and the meows of the cats. and of course the ka ching sound in buy mode lol.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    edited September 2018
    I like the sound a waiter makes when they accidentally drop food. The most annoying thing to happen but the sound sure is fun! :tongue:

Oh right, and "nooboo" which means baby but it's also used for lovers and I've heard it in a song too! I just love parents speaking to their baby, "sulsul nooboo!".
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms