Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March To The Beat Of A Different Drummer?

Comments

• Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @CravenLestat Both that house & Krisven Yeserel are fantastic, she's one of the prettiest sims I've ever seen, she embodies eleven maiden :) & for you guys that haven't seen them go check out Craven's patterns, they are to die for :o (now I need to find a pic of that fantastic leaf pattern of yours that I use all of the time)
    @starguru I'm starting to work on the interior now, I bounce back & forth to stay fresh
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @CravenLestat found it!
    @all this is one of my most used Craven patterns, it's that lovely leaf pattern on my dryad's outfit
    screenshot_original.jpg
    P.S.it's even prettier than here as I have an old computer
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    @starguru I was getting a lot of lag in BB but it was caused by a lot more than having 28 extra lots fully decorated with large gardens and 4 basement levels containing large harvestable gardens. I also had a boarding school lot with about 20 sims in it.

When I was moving my sims around I got rid of most of the basement gardens and also discovered what I think was the real culprit - massively overstocked inventories (thousands of harvestables and other things) in many of the sims inventories.

I emptied inventories and moved a few sims around and it all seems to run very smoothly now.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited September 2018
    @starguru Thanks for sharing! :) I'm not surprised it's Cyclonesue's - I've got her prison and most of her other stuff, too. Never noticed the turrets... Need glasses :#

NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    Lol oh yes my game is very much different. I used to play the vanilla games where everything and everyone has good, happy traits and everyone gets their happily ever after but after I attempted a supernatural play style and all the non-desirable traits?

tumblr_papfeoM1vP1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_papfeoM1vP1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

Never looked back. I do have a normal save though. But having cranky, pyromaniac unicorns are too much fun :D

One of my favorites is my fairy Aurelia though. She was my first supernatural simmie and therefore gets whatever she wants.
    tumblr_panm7pbjCE1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

But what she wants are, uh, exotic pets. :D
    tumblr_panm7pbjCE1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

She also forced her husband to go to Egypt and get her some crocodiles.
    tumblr_panmbaguvL1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_panmbaguvL1xq9hdmo4_500.jpg
  • Options
    @Amphora Oh I love it, another cow plant person :) games are so much fun when you have all these odd-ball sims aren't they? Aurelia is lovely! but also looks like one you don't want to cross...lol
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    @Karritz — Whoa! That’s a lot of lots! xD And interesting about the overstocked inventories too. Thank you for that tip; I’ll have to keep it in mind for the future. Glad to hear you seem to have things running well now!

@jillbg — No problem! I think I missed the fantasy towers when I was first raiding her stuff too, and this grandma does have glasses. :tongue: But in my defense, I was focusing on her grunge stuff at the time, for building in Rflong’s Industrial Island. That’s another project of mine still on the back burner... not enough hours in a day!

@Amphora — Pyro unicorns and cowplants are great! And Aurelia is adorable... if a bit unsettling, lol.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @starguru I guess we're more alike than I thought! :) I was totally obsessed with her grunge stuff too. Down loaded most of it, as I just prefer playing cluttery, poor environments than luxury modern villas. I'm aiming to reconstruct some of her train things for my story, we'll see when I get the time!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Amphora Is that unicorn laughing cause he torched the town :|

The most evil unicorn ever.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Amphora Is that unicorn laughing cause he torched the town :|

The most evil unicorn ever.
    He’s just a happy unicorn.
    tumblr_inline_p8qz74xuyn1vhkp6x_1280.jpg
    Look at those eyes. He’s just so delighted that they’re glowing.

tumblr_inline_p8qz6pmeNi1vhkp6x_1280.jpg
  • Options
    @Amphora I think that unicorn is related to a mare I had years ago, she'd get that evil look in her eyes & then I'd find myself looking up from the ground :D
  • Options
    Finished my steampunk build, Yay
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Top floor
    screenshot_original.jpg
    First floor
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    imdragonit wrote: »
    @Amphora I think that unicorn is related to a mare I had years ago, she'd get that evil look in her eyes & then I'd find myself looking up from the ground :D

Lol! Was the expression something like this?
    tumblr_pai15abwKw1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

I have the unicorn (whose official name is Equinox) paired with my drunken evil plantsim Dionysius. It’s...an interesting friendship to be sure.

tumblr_pai18rIpUP1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pai18rIpUP1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

I gave Equinox the bright red eyes on purpose. I was inspired by the horses the Nazgul rode in Lord of the Rings :D:D
  • Options
    @Amphora Yes roflmao her name was Bright Red Plaudit & her eyes may have not been red but her temper could be :D love your Dionysius perfect name since he likes to hit the sauce. I think even Nazgul would have a problem with Equinox...lol
  • Options
    @jillbg — Could be! xD I just had to have her pipes and airlocks, and the floor modifier rugs, and the terrain paints and... well, you know. LOL The train stuff for your story sounds great; good luck! :)

@imdragonit — Fun steampunk home; I love the waterwheels especially.

@Amphora — The name Equinox is perfect for a black unicorn; love it! And somehow, Dionysus looks much less evil next to him! :lol:
  • Options
    @imdragonit I really love the steampunk house! I haven’t ever built or decorated steampunk. I’ve come close with my English cottage inspired house but not quite. Lol.

This is the house my magical family lives in. I wanted to go for an abandoned manor house vibe :)
    tumblr_panm3fzKmC1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

starguru wrote: »

@Amphora — The name Equinox is perfect for a black unicorn; love it! And somehow, Dionysus looks much less evil next to him! :lol:
    Lol thank you! I have to admit I have a soft spot for the black hearted terror of a unicorn.

The interactions between the two evil beasties are a joy to behold.
    tumblr_pai1dhrEBL1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pai1dhrEBL1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pai1dhrEBL1xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pai1dhrEBL1xq9hdmo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pai1dhrEBL1xq9hdmo5_1280.jpg
    :D:D
  • Options
    @starguru ty :) I like the water wheels for a steam build since we really don't have turning gears
    @Amphora check out that unicorns bloodlines I'm sure he has bright eyes brother or red plaudit breeding in him somewhere :D Love that house you really hit it spot on! Fantastic! color me green & that's about what it looked like...lol
  • Options
    JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    @Karritz - nice sim! The ice furniture is a nice touch. Where did you get her makeup from?
  • Options
    Shannon has fun at home while Robbie travels to the future to find love
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Your abandoned manor looks great, @Amphora! Love the pix of Dionysus getting thrown too. xD

@imdragonit — That’s true about the lack of turning gears, and I wish we had a bit more official steampunk content in general... although I have found a few steampunk CC objects I like (as if I need more CC, lol). But the water wheels are a great way to use what we have available! I’ll have to see if I can find an interesting way to incorporate them in my eventual steam build.

Aww, I love that your Simbot has traveled to the future to find love with a Plumbot; cute storyline!
  • Options
    I haven’t had any game time for a bit, but figured I’d share some recent pix here of the treehouse builds I’d mentioned previously, since they fit this thread’s theme.

This is the fairy/fantasy treehouse I have yet to finish for my artistic fairy/genie family for the fairy world project:

Skyscape_zpsw7lzvcmx.jpg
    I’m hoping to find some free time to work on it this weekend—fingers crossed!

And these are the other treehouses I had started building at the same time, but actually finished, lol.

A treehouse for castaways in Isla Paradiso:

Castaway_zpsufa5u08q.jpg

A cabin style treehouse in Moonlight Falls:

Waning%20Moon_zpsyunoljkq.jpg

An Asian inspired treehouse in Shang Simla:

Four%20Winds_zpsikq86oth.jpg

A farm cottage treehouse in Dragon Valley:

Aerial%20Acres_zpstzwifuro.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Love your tree houses.

I made a tiny house tree house. Will see if I can dig up any pictures. :)
  • Options
    @starguru I absolutely <3 your tree houses they are fantastic, looking forward to seeing the first one when it's finished!
    @cwaddell get out that shovel & post some pics looking forward to them :)
    I'm trying to work on a fantasy set up now, the muse comes & goes forgot to snap a shot of my one creation but he will show up sooner or later...lol Will use my Orc in this save, so even though he's been around awhile here's a pic
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It's gotta be Meaghan.
    Screenshot-1840.jpg

I have been after EA to allow us to make humanoid looking Servos/Simbots/Plumbots for years.
    I have had to do it myself the best way I can with cheats. Meaghan is the only one I have made in TS3.
    Screenshot-2998.jpg

Maybe they will finally do it with The Sims 4 since you can give aliens a human appearance.
    Screenshot-3019.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    @CK213 Yay you managed to create an android! that is super fantastic, I <3 her. I'd love to see some more of your creations :)