Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March To The Beat Of A Different Drummer?

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @imdragonit -I'm actually playing my game with about 700-800 Mod files installed and configured story progression so I have to manage things from the start so I won't have very big populations to manage in any of the games until the towns grow over time.I also was playing TS2 for years before starting in TS3 so I was used to the rotational play from that.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @Karritz oh...lol Gertie gives me the giggles, she has a memory like mine :)
    @TadOlson as I said I still don't know how you keep track of them...so awesome :o
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @imdragonit thank you. Since you're also talking about builds I think this is one of my strangest so far. It's been sitting on my hard drive unfinished for a few years now but lately I've been thinking of it more and more. I have a feeling it may end up in one of my videos one day in the not too distant future.

My inspiration for it was a mushroom.

MH001.jpg

I wanted to make a house that looked like a mushroom. I don't think I succeeded in that, but it is interesting. Not very practical though - but I've not played with it so that remains to be seen.
    @Karritz I love that house! that is a totally cool build & I love the color you chose for paint :)
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2018
    My Amazon girl

Kiana

PvTPRd8.png

My jungle girl

Kiwi

ujFWr5o.png

Her cool jungle hut

pCQAyms.png

v4YUZG7.png

That is all so far last few days my creative juices have not been working well this last week.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat if that is your creative juices not working well then I'll have some of your problem please :D Hey wait a minute where's Tarzan? oh silly me he's male & of course you wouldn't want him around your ladies...lol as always your ladies are lovely & your jungle hut is perfect!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @imdragonit I asked for him to provide a Tarzan on the other thread, but he ignored me! :cry:
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    @imdragonit @Pary @jillbg Thanks for the kind comments on my pics and horses!

I managed to get some screenies from the custom world I mentioned in my previous post (the one I’m building up and making into a fairy realm with berry supernaturals and hybrids). All the starting Sims and NPCs have been created and I’ve completed the community lots, but am only about halfway done with the residences. Here are a few shots of some of my Sims and builds for this world:

Avanidwen_zpsuyo1lwkl.jpg
    Gigglefluff_zpsbo8apaba.jpg
    Felsparoth_zpsoy7d1e2r.jpg
    Drisevar_zpsg82fe0ni.jpg
    Pavonidar_zpswke5hnuz.jpg
    Atropa_zpsip2qwoqv.jpg
    Seaside%20Serenity_zpssh0a2sq0.jpg
    Honeycomb%20Home_zpshfcm5h3u.jpg
    Everwinter_zpsxomsz1rk.jpg
    Finders%20Keep_zps8j9hqjd1.jpg
    Spider%20Oaks_zpseefipsgi.jpg
    Frenzy_zpshvtlgkss.jpg
    @bekkasan He just doesn't allow sims of the male persuasion near his ladies :D
    @starguru :o that world & sims Wow! your builds are amazing & your entire bumblebee set-up is fantastic double Wow :)
    After posting that pic of my old steampunk hose build, I decided to start on another ( what can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment ) … :D
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited September 2018
    @bekkasan I did not ignore you,If I tried to make a male sim my computer would shutdown and start a 30 second a self destruct sequence.It would know it was not me and would asplode to prevent my high security clearance sim secrets from falling into the wrong hands.

Even my computer knows me,and here i was thinking you did too :bawling:

@starguru Green sim is a QT pie :love: wanna kidnap her from her sim village.

@Karritz Reminds me of the spacecraft from Close encounters Of The 3rd Kind.Like a mothership

@imdragonit But where is the cute sim girl that is going to live in that Steampunk baby making factory and mother my 47 children.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited September 2018
    starguru wrote: »

I managed to get some screenies from the custom world I mentioned in my previous post (the one I’m building up and making into a fairy realm with berry supernaturals and hybrids). All the starting Sims and NPCs have been created and I’ve completed the community lots, but am only about halfway done with the residences. Here are a few shots of some of my Sims and builds for this world:

Great looking sims. They look interesting and very colorful. But I really love your lots. Each are fantastic and I love the colors. Your world looks like a perfect place to play a fantasy game. Would love to see more pictures when you have finished creating the world.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @starguru Amazing! I especially love Mrs Bumblebee... <3 Is there somewhere you share your builds? Your two castles are just perfect for my story and I doubt I could come up with something as awesome myself... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited September 2018
    Another of my interesting builds - this is from a couple of years ago. I made a Fairy Village in Barnacle Bay. Here's one of the houses.

Marilyns_House001.jpg

Plus another house or shed poking into the left edge of the picture.
    @CravenLestat nah this time I just did a plain Jane, cause I knew I would devote a ton of time on the house. when I finish the build, I'll catch a pic of her ( if she doesn't break the camera ) :p

@Karritz that is a fantastic house & please post some pics of the fairy village, as it was so spot on :)
    edited September 2018
    @imdragonit here's a couple more pics of the fairy village.

Felix's house

FelixsHouseWithFaithArrivingForAVisit001.jpg

And this is Felix
    FelixFlower002.jpg

Felix and Lavender Rose having a discussion - she started it and they slapped each other continually until I finally stopped it.
    FelixAndLR004.jpg

She always starts it so I try to keep them apart now. I think I've actually got them in separate worlds in my Big Game now.

Will's house - he needed a stable under his house so it is more like a regular house. He had to have a lot of animals to complete his lifetime wish. He had a success with his LTW. Then he got married and they had a son - without my knowledge or permission.

WillsHouse002.jpg

WillsHouse001.jpg

Will's wife, Tina
    TinaFlower001.jpg

Their son, Lydell (I didn't pick the name - the game gave it - I'd never heard of that name before)
    LydellFlower001.jpg

Finally I found a pic of Will so I can stop looking now
    Will001.jpg

I was only going to show a small number of pics but kept finding interesting pics you see below as I searched for a pic of Will.

Marilyn's house
    MarilynsFrontDoor001.jpg

Marilyn
    Marilyn001.jpg

MarilynHomeFromWork.jpg

Paula's house
    Paula007.jpg

A nice place to meet between houses
    FairyConversations008.jpg

FairyConversations005.jpg

Fay
    Fay005.jpg

Jason chatting with the Cow Plant - it had just eaten a Paparazzi
    Jason003.jpg

Nate - one of my favourites.
    Nate002.jpg

He has a wife who looks a lot like him and they now have 3 children. The children seem to take after their parents. I wish I knew the name of the skin I have on him as he gets a completely different look with other skins. Only that one works for him and he's exactly as I hoped he'd be when I started making him and that doesn't happen often for me.

Nate's house
    Nates_Place001.jpg

Nate and Penelope (his wife)
    Nate_And_Penelopie009.jpg

Penelopoe
    Penelope001.jpg

Thought I'd add a couple more at night

HomeLot016.jpg

HomeLot017.jpg

HomeLot018.jpg

An aerial view. I tried to use the brown lines in Barnacle Bay as paths and added extra lots for the fairy houses and fenced the houses so the sims would have to travel along the 'paths'.

TinasPlace002.jpg

Happy Simming
    @Karritz Oh! ty those are wonderful :o I can hear the fairies dancing in the moonlight thanks for sharing them :)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    @imdragonit here's a couple more pics of the fairy village.

Happy Simming

Your redo of Barnacle Bay looks wonderful as a fairy village. Fantastic job.
    @imdragonit — I can’t take credit for the world, but thank you for the compliments on my Sims and lots! My bumblebee fairy, Gigglefluff, is going to run the Busy Bees Daycare for the village from her Honeycomb Home. xD

I like your steampunk builds too, and will eventually attempt a steampunk home for my steampunk/inventor fairy and her witch hubby for this project as well. :smile:

@CravenLestat — Thanks! That’s my earth fairy, Avanidwen. You may have to challenge her plantsim hubby first! :wink::lol:

@cwaddell — Thanks for the compliments on my Sims and lots! However, to avoid any confusion, I want to clarify that the world itself isn’t my creation. I have zero skill with CAW, lol. I’m only building in and populating Dragonia_E by mammut. It’s a smaller, empty, road-less world I had downloaded that I felt would work well as a setting for a village of fairies and other supernaturals. http://simszoo.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=53924

This is a shot of the world in map view which I took prior to building, along with my notes on how I planned to organize it:

Moonhaven%20Sections_zpssi8hlvjy.png

Building has been interesting, especially on the smaller lots. Because who builds castle homes on 20x15 lots? Me, apparently. :lol: I saved the larger lots for the community spaces. This is most of the main village, where I used the RHs from DV as they fit the theme best, and for some of the others, such as the hospital, I’m utilizing RH rugs:

town_zps4wdr5ue6.jpg

@jillbg — Thank you! Gigglefluff is good-humored, nurturing, childish, clumsy and something else I’ve forgotten... and she likes dancing with the sunflower, lol. I think she will be fun to play. xD

I actually haven’t shared any of my creations for some time. I used to upload them to my studio, but have avoided sharing since I began adding more CC to my game.

@Karritz — Your fairy village in BB is so magical, and I see you also like using Luna’s trees for some of your fairy homes. :smile: Very inspiring! I plan to build a few more with those trees if I have room. And I love that they’re CASt-able, which can really change the look:

fantasytrees_zpsuxtepbfu.jpg

I think this tree belongs in a Wonderland build! xD
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Karritz Geez! I remember your fairy village and how you succeeded in chasing down Luna's cc! Wonderful! <3

@starguru I went through your studio, your builds are awesome! :) I sent you a friend request, BTW. Your world makes me drool, it seems truly magical. <3 I'm sorry you don't upload your creations anymore, could you just tell me where you got that Witchy roof from, and I'll give building a try... :p
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg thanks

I was wondering about that roof too.

@Starguru thank you. I am always slow to recolour and I went a bit too far with the fairy village but I've now removed a few of the houses and moved the fairies to other worlds that are connected using Traveler mod. I moved them into these other worlds with their original houses so I didn't lose the houses but in the new worlds they live among regular sims in regular houses. I thought it wouldn't work but it seems to work perfectly. Only time will tell though as I haven't played with them much yet - still setting it all up.
    @starguru when you get to your steampunk lot be sure to share pics, I'm really looking forward to seeing it! ty on my build :)
    Aww, thank you for the compliment, @jillbg, and thanks for the FR also. :smile: I’ve considered uploading my builds elsewhere, but I’m not one for social media in general and then the thought of listing my content used is daunting at best, lol.

But tada! Here are Cyclonesue’s Fantasy Roofs & Turrets from TSR. That’s the link to the whole set, but you could dl only the crooked rooftop if you prefer... although it’s my fave piece here, I was not able to limit myself to just that one. :lol: I have so many of her sets it’s crazy, but it’s all very well-made and amazing stuff!

@Karritz — Did you have too many lots in BB or was there some other issue? Because from what I see of your village it looks lovely and perfect! :heart: I hear you on the not playing and still setting up though; that’s a chronic situation with me. I don’t have much game time as is and yet I always have some empty world or other that I’m building or creating Sims for, so I have to deliberately set aside time to just play. :lol:

@imdragonit — You’re welcome! :smile: How are you coming along on it?

I will, although it may be awhile before I get started on that one. Besides not having a lot of time to myself for simming projects, the build I’m currently working on for this world is a treehouse for my artistic fairy/genie family that I really need to finish before I forget what I’m doing with it... especially since I got distracted with so many ideas for different treehouse designs that I started building four others pretty much simultaneously. :lol: But what’s worse is that I’m finished with all of them except the one for this world! :tongue:
    I did make a fairy house back some time ago and gave it to the OP of this thread as a matter of fact :p

u0jhoWQ.png

DfydFiZ.gif
    And here was the elf I gave her.Short picture video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZZbxAqVY7Q

DfydFiZ.gif