Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Murderer In The Shadows - A Sims 4 Murder Mystery & Choose your own adventure combo

ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
Backstory: It is the early 19th century and you are Gerald Baker, a detective in London, England. You are called to a murder scene by your boss and asked to investigate. Upon arrival you discover the family in the living room gathered around the body. Your suspects are anyone and everyone who is in the house. You must discover who the murderer is from clues left by the careless killer.

So, this is a murder mystery story but at the end of each chapter you pick what our detective, Gerald Barker, does next via a poll. Does he go upstairs to investigate? Does he go in search of clues? That decision is up to you in A Murderer in The Shadows.

Meet The Characters

Prologue
Post edited by ForgottenPixels on

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    go in search of clues
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    go in search of clues

Not yet. :lol: Although, that will probably be in the first set of options. :)
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Yay! :lol: Looking forward to this! :smiley:
  • Options
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Yay! :lol: Looking forward to this! :smiley:

Thanks! I am too! I'm just getting the profile pics ready for them all. :)
  • Options
    Here's a link to the meet the characters page with everyone's pictures. Ignore the warning at the top for now as the story hasn't begun. :)
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Looking forward to the first chapter :smiley:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Looking forward to the first chapter :smiley:

I have it written! About to go screenshot it. Maybe do a little writing edit. Should be done soon!
  • Options
    Prologue is here! :) And our first vote...

Prologue
    tumblr_inline_pduauhAFwA1v2lczu_540.png

• Options
    So, while we wait for the results of this poll (this idea is going to test my patience as I just want to write), we can have a discussion in here if you like. :)
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Just bookmarked this thread. XD
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Sul Sul. I think I voted.
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    Sul Sul. I think I voted.

You probably did. :)
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Voted! Looking forward to this! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

Thanks! Excited to see where our votes lead. I know who the killer is but we'll all find out eventually. ;)
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Thanks! Excited to see where our votes lead. I know who the killer is but we'll all find out eventually. ;)

Ooooh! Imagine if even you didn't know!?! It would be the ultimate murder mystery! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

Ooooh! Imagine if even you didn't know!?! It would be the ultimate murder mystery! :D

If I didn't know then how I am supposed to write it? xD I'm the one giving you options. :lol:
  • Options

If I didn't know then how I am supposed to write it? xD I'm the one giving you options. :lol:

Haha! Just ignore my silliness, I get a little bit crazy at times. :D
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018

As long as you don't start blaming the family dog then the craziness is fine! :joy:
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

That would actually make a fun story. The writer doesn’t even know and uses the “choose your adventure” portion to make a conclusion based on what readers choose. Obviously twists need to be thrown in when writing. As the story further develops, then the writer figures out “who did it” and tries to stump the readers. But in the beginning, the writer doesn’t know who to pick as the culprit.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Voted! :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options

That would actually make a fun story. The writer doesn’t even know and uses the “choose your adventure” portion to make a conclusion based on what readers choose. Obviously twists need to be thrown in when writing. As the story further develops, then the writer figures out “who did it” and tries to stump the readers. But in the beginning, the writer doesn’t know who to pick as the culprit.

Right now I have someone picked out but I'm at a stage where I can change who it is. :lol: Love being at this stage.
  • Options

As long as you don't start blaming the family dog then the craziness is fine! :joy:

:o Are you reading my mind!
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options

No. I would have blamed the cat.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

The real ending: He faked his own death to see the true colors of his family and staff and how they felt about him. Poor detective gets caught in the middle.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options

The real ending: He faked his own death to see the true colors of his family and staff and how they felt about him. Poor detective gets caught in the middle.

Maybe or maybe he's actually dead.