Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you are making sims....

Comments

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I have done this, but... it led to some unintentionally awkward conversations so... I don't do this anymore. Of course, if you are smart enough to not actually mention to said friends and family members that they are in your game, you should be fine. ;)
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member
    I made my family and friends when I first got Sims 3, then it went from creating my characters. :)
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I'm not very superstitious but I don't want to make family members because, well... sims die. I made one of my cousins in Sims 2 long ago, and made a friend in Sims 3 when the game was new.
    I don't usally make celebrities, but made this guy for Lunar Lakes, which is my "dream world". He died when I was little, but now my simself got to meet him. :smile:

1US73vL.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    @Cororon. Very nice representation of Roy Orbison. I remember coming home from high-school on the day that he passed away and hearing on the radio, the news that he'd passed.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't. I would feel weird controlling them, especially if they want to woohoo. I just make new characters instead.
  • Options
    TBrandesTBrandes Posts: 45 Member
    I also don't do that. If the sim would do something the 'real version' wouldn't it would be awkward.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,121 Member
    When I started TS4 in September 2015, I made my extended family, my simself and my husband. Then, by November 2015, I started my main family --- the Sullivan family (30 generations before I turned aging off). I have a version of my simself and my husband living in a different world in that save, and they visit each other, sometimes. I've also made Sims from my favorite books, movies and TV shows in that save file, which is the one I play the most. I have a few "sometimes" games for when I want a change.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    In Sims 3 and 4, my family was the first set of Sims I made once I'd figured out CAS. I used photos as reference, then changed their names and uploaded them to the Gallery so I wouldn't lose them if something happened to my computer. I split us up into our households, put us in houses much nicer than we really have, gave us the careers we'd have if we could choose that easily, and played a little with aging off.

Once in Sims 2 I had myself marry a celebrity and have a child with him, but my real-life daughter (possibly 6 at the time?) was mortally offended; I haven't tried that again. In Sims 3, whenever I started getting bored with a family, I'd throw them in the bin and move them to a base town with my family and all the other families I'd played, and sometimes it would get me interested again having them interact. In Sims 4, sometimes I set myself and my daughter down as background characters because random cameos amuse me.

TL;DR: I made my family, but I just play pretend people and get surprised whenever me-Sim pops up as a bartender or getting down with her bad self in a nightclub.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    @Cororon. Very nice representation of Roy Orbison. I remember coming home from high-school on the day that he passed away and hearing on the radio, the news that he'd passed.

Most people think this is a Celine Dion or Cyndi Lauper song, but Roy Orbison recorded it first. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5N9IHqqGcA
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    tsuntsuntsuntsun Posts: 26 Member
    i've never actually made sims characters based off any irl ppl i know but ive made some of my fav characters
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited September 2018
    Screenshot-35.jpg
    This is one of the the very few people that have not been based off a real person in my games. :D

Her name's Alyza.
    Cororon wrote: »

Most people think this is a Celine Dion or Cyndi Lauper song, but Roy Orbison recorded it first. :smile:

Yep...I've heard Roy's original wayyyy back when, when it was released a few years after his death.

My favorite was Crying which he recorded way before I was born (he released it in 1961)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Love Roy Orbison! Your sim of him was very good. I recognized him right away.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,304 Member

Love me Jason Priestley... :):blush:

I was at work when I heard about Roy Orbison dying... :cry:
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I usually make houses/lots resembling places that my friends, my relatives, or I have lived. However, I rarely make Sims of anyone else except myself, because I like to ask permission of the person first. Also, the Sims I make, even of myself, rarely resemble the one they were intended to be, at least not very closely. Even the lots tend to have some rooms that are out of proportion to the actual floorplans.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    my avatar is my simself, but I never use "me" ingame. And Derek is a look-alike of one of my exes. B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I've never made family/friends. It would just seem weird to me.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Oh my, @Cororon I thought I was the only one totally in love with Roy Orbison's voice! <3<3<3<3<3 Transmitted to my daughter, who's at 17 listening to his songs and Paul Anka, making her friends discover other music than rap lol! :joy::joy:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited September 2018
    I started off playing my main sim as a younger idealized version of myself but did not try to make it exact. I soon noticed that most sims' faces seemed off so I started closely looking at actors in the TV shows and movies that I watched. I noticed that the height of the bottom of the nose on most actors I thought looked good did not come so far down the face as EA's default nose slider placed them. I tried making a Jennifer Garner sim and liked how she turned out, although no one would have recognized my sim as her. I used the same principles - lowered the height of the jaw, raised the height of the nose, lowered the height of the mouth - on my main sim. So she is an idealized blend of Jennifer Garner and my younger shelf that I constantly change and tweak. I have used various actors as inspirations in creating sims although I don't name them as such. I have also made idealized versions of my two sisters and have played several games with them. One sister also plays sims and has made sims loosely based on us 3 sisters. We often tell each what is is happening in our games including the mischief the 3 sisters get into when we play those games.
  • Options
    jaqsrejaqsre Posts: 30 Member
    I have done that, yes!
    I made three of my friends for a challenge not that long ago.
    I make celebrities and such a lot more often, though.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't. I would feel weird controlling them, especially if they want to woohoo. I just make new characters instead.

yep agreed the very first time I started playing sims 3 I made my RL family and then moved to another household to play for a while came back to my family to find my mum and dad had split up, my mother had left and my simself the daughter was now dad's new girlfriend through some glitch or other.. and while I love my dad that was a step too far for me so that game was deleted altogether lol These Days i am just happy if I can get my sims in CAS to look nice with or without CC..I would be really happy if I could get them to look as good as some of the ones outlined in this thread :)
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Nope. Though I once created a self-sim in TS2 for some cheap laughs and because I wanted to see how well I could replicate my appearance in the game (completely failed btw). I basically never controlled her, just wanted to see what she would get up to.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited September 2018
    As it turns out, I get really bored playing myself. I can't use the game to play out fantasies either (and lbr it's stuff like driving) because it just reminds me of what I can't get IRL. The world of people doting on their own simselves is an interesting one to peek into, I'll give them that. Lol this definitely wasn't part of the thread's scope.

Usually the answer is no. I don't have many fantasies for friends and family to play out in the game. I almost recreated a legit soul-sucking ex-friend of mine in TS3 for purposes but I'm a coward, and I ended up obscuring her behind a new name and several layers of fiction. I don't even know what I'd have the mean streak to do to her.
    I'm not very superstitious but I don't want to make family members because, well... sims die.

Or that they're dead and they're watching! :grimace:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »

yep agreed the very first time I started playing sims 3 I made my RL family and then moved to another household to play for a while came back to my family to find my mum and dad had split up, my mother had left and my simself the daughter was now dad's new girlfriend through some glitch or other.. and while I love my dad that was a step too far for me so that game was deleted altogether lol These Days i am just happy if I can get my sims in CAS to look nice with or without CC..I would be really happy if I could get them to look as good as some of the ones outlined in this thread :)

Actually, the very first time I played Sims 3, I created a self sim. I didn't know the townies well, so I had her romance, marry, and have 2 kids with Hank Goddard. Only, for some reason, Hank still lived with Pauline and their EA story progression kids! When my sim invited him over to care for the kids, he was a horrible father. He would play his guitar outside all night long while the kids were crying. It wasn't until towards the end of that save that I found out about Hank's double life. I rage quit when she was too poor to afford a babysitter to take care of her kids while she went to work. No work, no babysitter. No baby sitter, no work. Solution: Delete the save. The end.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Simtown15

It appears we followed a differing frustrating path to a similar end lol I think another one was when I had a single sim I had invested so much time in and was just about to get him on the relationship ladder when he was killed by a meteorite in the back garden without me saving beforehand and i was livid and beside myself after all the hard work I had done to get to that point-) this was also before I discovered the death flower as well :)

What I cannot understand was how your sim was able to marry Frank Goddard when he was already married? but that defo fits in with me being my dad's girlfriend glitch lol
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 After they became romantic interests, my sim had the option to convince Hank to leave his spouse. I took the option with a grain of salt and selected it. I also remember the first time I made sims woohoo was by accident. My sim wanted to woohoo and I didn't know what woohoo was until I clicked the option.