Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)

Comments

• Options
    parkerhaliwell20parkerhaliwell20 Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, I'm trying a few more things to get the game running. Hopefully it will work because I did not shell out $120 for two games (bought the second after thinking that the first was just a faulty disk) that won't work.

ETA: I did a disk cleanup, as well as the many other things that this thread has, and still, cannot get passed FullBuild1.
  • Options
    DMPoweradeDMPowerade Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think people are mad, because they paid 50+ for this game, and their computer systems as they said, are compatible with the game, and they aren't allowed to play it. I don't even really know what EA can do to fix this problem, but I've tried everything with my laptop and still can't play it.
    I dig that. I'm in the same boat. But people are getting ****** at, I think, the wrong people: namely, everybody they see. EA dropped the ball! Maxis let us down! The mods are dumb! Admins ***** You other users are stupid! Blah, blah, blah. It's definitely not helping anything. Complaining about everything under the sun isn't going to help anything. Just find something else to do for now. Surely you guys were doing something on Monday that wasn't The Sims 3, right? Or was last weekend just people camping out for this?
  • Options
    MCole54MCole54 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I do agree that some people are jumping the gun on getting irrationally upset, but the truth of the matter is that probably not every single person at EA is devoting each second to working on a patch - it would only be more than fair for someone to take a minute to let us know that they're aware of the problem and are fixing it. It's just bad P.R.

Anyhow, I did copy everything to my hard drive and then attempt to install in that way. No luck.
  • Options
    xxemylizzlexxxxemylizzlexx Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I went to go copy it to my hard drive, and the same exact file that keeps getting the CRC wasn't found. I'm just going to exchange it and get a new one.. If there's a file that isn't found at all on the game, then there's no point in trying anymore.
  • Options
    ShawnaLanneShawnaLanne Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I've tried everything. Starting it in safe mode. Downloading it to my computer. Calling Tech Support twice and waiting 30 minuets to get through and all they can tell me is I need to send in the disk. Oh yeah and they reccomend tracking it. So I get to pay $50 for a game that doesn't work. Spend 4 + hours working to try and get it to work when it won't because it is missing a freaking file. Then, I need to make a special trip to the freaking post office and spend my own money to mail it to get a replacement. This isn't even a beta product, which you know is a possibility when you buy such a big game so early. This is a freaking Alpha cycle product. EA sucks.
  • Options
    laundry232000laundry232000 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I cured my crc error problem by bypassing the auto installer and installing via the administrator inside the game folder itself. It works fine now. It might help on someone else's computer too.

Cathy
  • Options
    DMPoweradeDMPowerade Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I cured my crc error problem by bypassing the auto installer and installing via the administrator inside the game folder itself. It works fine now. It might help on someone else's computer too.

Cathy
    You ought to provide at least basic step-by-step instructions for this.
  • Options
    MoonDancer008MoonDancer008 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Where is the administrator and how do you do the bypass? Thx!
  • Options
    le7elle7el Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've defragged and made available SIXTY gigs of free space...Deleting a lot of precious games in the process. I still encountered the issue. Is it time for me to call customer service?
  • Options
    ShawnaLanneShawnaLanne Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    le7el wrote:
    I've defragged and made available SIXTY gigs of free space...Deleting a lot of precious games in the process. I still encountered the issue. Is it time for me to call customer service?

I called twice - did everything they asked, have a new system. Nothing worked. They want me to send it back? Awesome yes? I'm a tester who PAID for the privlidge of testing their messed up game and to get my money back I have to send it in - on my own dime none the less. EA Sucks.
  • Options
    CSS2009CSS2009 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks to the poster who mentioned installing as administrator, that worked for me. The process I followed on Vista was as follows:
    - After inserting Sims 3 DVD, close the autorun box after it pops up. Do not use it.
    - Go to Start, then Computer
    - Right click on the drive that has the Sims 3 DVD and select "open".
    - Find "Sims3Setup.exe" and right click on it and select "run as administrator".
  • Options
    Unique2uUnique2u Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I tried all of the suggestions in this thread to no avail.:cry: Plus EA hasn't responded to any of my questions. I'm at a loss.
  • Options
    adr1anadr1an Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ahhh!?! idk what to do i did everything >_< even the "run as administrator" method!
    i even returned my first copy of sims 3 for a new one and it's still the same thing =[
  • Options
    OhMySimsOhMySims Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I keep on getting this error! And it pops up on different files all the time. I've worked on this for 11 hours! And I'm getting so effing tired!
    Last time the installation only had 4 bars left to go then I get this annoying msg. What the hell?!?
    It seems like a lot of people has this problem and it isn't their computers.
    I've been waiting for this game for a year and 3 months and I would give away ANYTHING right now to just play it for 10 lousy minutes... as you can probably can tell I'm really upset but most of all disappointed. They delayed the game for 4 months, you'd think they'd produce non-faulty discs.
    I know it is NOT my computer.
  • Options
    HannibalSWHannibalSW Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Keep getting this message about 75% through installing and if hit retry or ignore and it continues, it will pop up two more times, once with fullbuild2

CRC error: the file C:\program files\electronic arts\the sims 3\game data\shared\packages\fullbuild1.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running may be corrupted, contact your software vendor.

Tried defrag, tried a new game, tried installing drivers, tried contacting EA/TheSims people, tried not pulling my hair out.

Installing this game is becoming a little tedious.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Tell me about it :roll:
    I'm already starting to get a bald spot. I just want to play the game..! I'm so frustrated.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Okay, so I called the support line and talked with an agent. He basically told me that they have no idea how to fix the CRC FullBuild1.package issue. He suggested that I try it in safe mode. I did. It didn't work.

When we spoke though, I told him my specs and I have everything I need so I think that proves that yes, it's not our computers.

Fix it, EA.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Anyone found a solution yet?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Did you try everything in this thread? And deleting your temp files?

If not, try it. It might work and you might get to play.

If that doesn't work, then we're in the same boat. Would you like a drink? I get the feeling that it's gonna be a long journey to the shore... Yeah, I think I over extended that metaphor. Sorry. If I come across anything, I'll let you guys know.
  • Options
    KatoraKatora Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine still seems to work after what I said I did on pg 4, I did have a crash but after updating video card drivers seems okay again. Haven't had any other problems so far. It may not be the best solution, but I was able to bypass the CRC error that way and get the game installed after 9 hours of fighting with it, and have been able to play it. I hope they come up with a fix for this though. If for some reason I need to reinstall one day - I want my disc to actually work without having to babystep it thru the whole process! It was rather tedious.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Katora, did the game work perfectly afterwards (after updating your video card I mean)? No crashes or sims without hair? :?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The thing is I also installed the game on another computer and it worked fine...
    I guess it goes basurk on some comps.
    I'm now getting a "volume corrupt" error... :(
  • Options
    le7elle7el Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009

I tried the method of installing it NOT using the Autorun...

Go to the install file on the DVD.

Right Click... for XP users choose "Run as"

Then choose the admin account. if you have a password, type it in. It's best to choose from the list instead of the one it's defaulted on.

It installed without a hitch. Played it for 6 hours without a single crash.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah but did you have the CRC error before installing it that way?

UPDATE
    I tried it and it didn't work.
    Is EA doing something about this??
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    RadRacerRadRacer Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    After a few hours, I was finally able to install this game using Katora's method. I've been playing the game for a few hours, and have not had any issues. If any of you are still struggling to get this game installed, and have not tried it yet, I suggest this method. Although, it is definitely tedious, it does seem to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top