Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)

Comments

• laprairielaprairie Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey, I posted on 6/2 with this error. I finally got through to Raymond B at EA technical support and he told me to go exchange the game at the store, that the CRC error means the disk was defective. I did that, and now I am playing! Our Walmart exchanged no problem. Raymond B said if the store won't exchange, then to follow the warranty instructions in the back of the manual. Hope this helps!
  • OhMySimsOhMySims Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's a lot of job especially if you ordered it online.
  • ShawnaLanneShawnaLanne Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    le7el wrote:
    I tried the method of installing it NOT using the Autorun...

Go to the install file on the DVD.

Right Click... for XP users choose "Run as"

Then choose the admin account. if you have a password, type it in. It's best to choose from the list instead of the one it's defaulted on.

It installed without a hitch. Played it for 6 hours without a single crash.

Does anyone know how to do it with Vista?
  • TaraAnnTaraAnn Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone know what I need to do now?.... I got the game installed but it's not letting me play the game.All it keeps saying is that it cannot read the disk. I need help ASAP!!!!
    edited June 2009
    Right click and click on Run As Administrator..

Still trying to install the game. I've tried everything and I still get the error at FullBuild1.package....
    Maybe the problem is in the "package.."?
    edited June 2009
    EA folks where are you? I'm getting really impatient, I just want to break the disc now... there has to be a solution (one that will actually work..)
  • biancajbiancaj Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I Think i have messed mine up from trying all the solutions
    I went to return it and get a new one
    now it's not autoplaying and when i try to install i get an error
    At First i didnt get that...it just wasnt reading the disc at the the sims laucher...
    🐸🐸🐸🐸.. I DO NOW!
  • bookgirlbookgirl Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Day 3 of my CRC saga. I've tried the suggestions listed here and still can't install. I've spoken with an EA rep (his copy file suggestion didn't work). I went to GameStop and switched out my game. Same problem. I've filled out the help ticket in Customer Support and gotten an utterly useless response. I give up. Perhaps I'll check back in a few weeks and see if they've narrowed down the issue. What a shame.
  • DMPoweradeDMPowerade Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If someone with a working disc uploaded the needed file (no S; just fullbuild1.package) to a filesharing website, wouldn't that work? It's not technically piracy, since we all own the game anyway. It doesn't benefit pirates, because they're only getting one of a multitude of files.

Couldn't we all just use the "copy to hard drive" method, replace the broken file with the clean one, and be on our way?
  • barollicrocbarollicroc Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I wondered that as well, however the file is a packaged file and it's nearly 2g. And there is no sure way to no that just replacing it would work. That many ppl downloading a file that large would be crazy. lol. I just drove back to Wal-Mart for yet another copy of the game. Attempting to install now. All the copies at my WM are from the same lot. I'd have to drive a hour to another WM and hope they have one that isn't corrupted. So I don't really know what I am going to do, especially since I can't get a refund. Here's to hoping I got the lucky working disc! :D

Edit: Sigh. Same error. I can't win. :(
  • NoDakGypsyNoDakGypsy Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This really blows.....at this point I just want to hear SOMETHING from those in charge. I think that at least a daily update informing us they are still trying to resolve this issue isn't to much to ask for.
  • le7elle7el Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    OhMySims wrote:
    Yeah but did you have the CRC error before installing it that way?

UPDATE
    I tried it and it didn't work.
    Is EA doing something about this??

Poor OhMySims!!! :(

Yes, I got that error message for two days straight. I cleared out TONS of hard drive space... defragged.... closed all of my un-needed programs... closed down virus scanner... spybot Tea-Timer checker... and right clicked on the install file and did "Run as..."

I then chose myself from the list instead of choosing the defaulted one at the top. It worked fine. I took a nap and when i woke up- it was installed.

It hasen't crashed once... and it's a pure joy to play. I want you to play so bad too!!! I was totally there with you on the frustration level...

-brandon/le7el
  • jtse818jtse818 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I couldn't install it on the first day either...read this forum and finally decided to defrag. Also use the regular DVD-rom drive and not the DVDR-W drive (which is the drive I use to install Sims2 and EP) and it finally installed. Took a long time to finish the installation but at least it works and doesn't crash. Good luck everyone!
  • parkerhaliwell20parkerhaliwell20 Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am the admin so that won't help. I tried using the FullBuild1.package file from another game and manually placing it on my computer (took forever to compress it) but that doesn't work either. What I get from what I've done, it's a specific part of the FullBuild1.package that is corrupted. I'll explain more later, I have to go to work.
  • Unique2uUnique2u Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I went back to target and exchanged it but I still have the same issue.

So I entered the activation code in to EA Download Manager and I am downloading a copy right now. I will be back, hopefully with good news.

P.S.--EA still hasn't responded to any of my questions.
  • kiwirazamatazkiwirazamataz Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had the CRC issue on SunValley.Object (think that's what it was called) file which is about 3 blocks into the install bar. I tried cleaning the DVD but to no avail.

I had a Sony DVD burner in this computer but it died a few weeks ago so I installed a spare ASUS DVD ROM drive instead, however the SONIC DLA (Drive letter access) prompt kept on coming up which looks like it glitched the install. After uninstalling the Sonic software Sims 3 installed OK, no CRC errors.

Here are my thoughts on what could be happening.
    - The files are very big on the DVD. If your PC interrupts reading the data stream from the disk a CRC error MAY eventuate, so disable all unnecessary programs and try the install, especially antivirus. I would use msconfig to disable all services and programs. To do this click START button, select Run... and type msconfig. In the general tab check selective startup and uncheck startup items box and maybe the system services. Some of you may need to leave these checked and go into the tabs for these and disable everything that is non-Microsoft. The key is to unload everthing that is not necessary for your computer to run but still be able to run the Sims installer. A reboot is required and you are prompted to go with this alternate configuration. Once installed Sims 3 reboot and go with the normal startup config.
    - A CRC error can be a dirty or faulty disk but many people have had the problem anyway so I think this is unlikely.
    - Defragging seems a lame fix. It only would be an issue if the HDD is very badly fragmeted hence interrupts the data stream from the DVD especially if it on the same IDE cable as the DVD drive.
    - Copying the contents off the DVD to a temp harddisk folder can help as when the installer is run, the computer has to also decompress the files as well as read the disk whereas copying the files does not invoke the decompression until installation time.

Best of luck, hope this may be of assistance. :wink:

• dvnmsemdvnmsem Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is so frustrating!

I called EA and the guy told me to try it in safe mode - still got the CRC error. He said next step was to manually install. Well when copying the files from the CD to a new folder it said "cannot copy FullBuild1.package"! Now EA customer service is closed and I am completely hopeless. If anyone has any suggestions for me please tell me! I'm desperate.
  • NoDakGypsyNoDakGypsy Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I also tried to install it in the "safe mode" and had no success. I get the error message every time it is installing the fullbuild1.package

I also looked at the 2nd update on this issue and read the suggestions but it didn't help at all....NEXT
  • ladydelinaladydelina Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No more FAQs Put out a patch!!!
    edited June 2009
    Hi again. So as I was saying, I grabbed the FullBuild1 file from a different computer that the game worked on and had to break it up in order to fit it in my USB. After all the files were on my computer, I tried putting them back together into the Sims 3 file and two specific parts of the file were corrupt.

I don't know what that means and I don't know how to fix it. I'm going to try that tedious method that... someone (sorry I forget who) suggested and I'll report back. I'm also going to try deleting the two parts of the file that are corrupt and try to install it that way.
  • DMPoweradeDMPowerade Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    While I appreciate that the mods haven't forgotten about us, the update refers to the wrong issue. This isn't the "Disk Authorization Error" group. This is the "CRC Error" group. So far as I know, those are different problems.
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I read that too. Are they even listening to us?
  • Unique2uUnique2u Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Okay, downloading from ea download manager worked. I can only play it on the lowest settings (0r else the screen goes black) but it worked.
    edited June 2009
    I unistalled all my Sims 2 games and I tried doing that thing where you retry the installation and then eject the disk but all that does is go back to the beginning.

I think I might try the EA Downloader thing.
  • JayStar224JayStar224 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I unistalled all my Sims 2 games and I tried doing that thing where you retry the installation and then eject the disk but all that does is go back to the beginning.

I think I might try the EA Downloader thing.

how do | download from EA w/o paying another $50. It says my keys/sn is already in use. I alreafy registered my game, I have a bad habit of losing my booklets.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top