Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life-Changing News!!!

HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
My sister texted me last night, telling me to come out to the backyard and when I got outside, she showed me a picture on her phone of a pregnancy test and it was positive! My sister and brother in law- who've been married almost ten years- are finally having a baby!!! She has to make an appointment for a blood test to get a true confirmation of her pregnancy being real, but the test she showed us was the third positive one she took. I'm going to be an aunt for a fourth time!!! <3<3<3 My brother has three kids of his own. Lol.
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Ooh, best of luck to them :0
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Thanks! This news is very bittersweet since my sister and I were my late-grandmother's first grandchildren. Everyone thought of her and how excited she would have been. :'(
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    This made me very happy to read. Congratulations to you & your family! This is very happy news :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »

Thanks! This news is very bittersweet since my sister and I were my late-grandmother's first grandchildren. Everyone thought of her and how excited she would have been. :'(

Ah, yeah. It would've been nice to meet the great grandchildren. Wherever she may be, I'm sure she's also happy for you all :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    HillyBeth wrote: »

Ah, yeah. It would've been nice to meet the great grandchildren. Wherever she may be, I'm sure she's also happy for you all :)

I'm positive she heard me ask her to help my sister and her husband on the day of the funeral. As freaky as that sounds, I think it worked.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited August 2018
    Congratulations to your sister :smiley: ! I hope she has a very smooth pregnancy! :)

Best of luck to you and your family <3
  • Options
    Congratulations to your sister :smiley: ! I hope she has a very smooth pregnancy! :)

Best of luck to you and your family <3

Thanks! My sister in law did this test on her which is an Indian legend, I guess, to determine the gender. You hold a necklace over the open palm of the mother. If the necklace moves in a circle, the gender is a boy. If it moves from side to side, it's a girl. The chain moved in a circle! That means she could be having a boy! If it's true, I think they picked Edward Joseph. Edward is my brother in law's middle name and Joseph for our late-uncle who died in 2009.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited August 2018
    Congrats to you and your sister! <3 Hope she has a healthy pregnancy.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Congratulations to you and your whole family! I hope for a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby for your sister!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    @all Thanks guys! I'm hoping for a smooth pregnancy as well because we have a long history of medical issues and with my sister and I being preemies, I'm sure she's bound to have some issues, just not life-threatening.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays