Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightshade: A SimLit || Final Update 8/17/23 || THANK YOU FOR 5 YEARS

Comments

• Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Oh, wow. It's been 8 days since someone last posted. Anyways,
    I hope Orion can handle twins. But now his escape plan is ruined!
    Orion can't carry 2 kids and a kitty!
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    mi8qgWC.png
    Happy Halloween, everyone!
    I hope you've all had a fun and safe holiday! Here's a little something special to celebrate. Can anyone guess who their costumes are? ;)

I'd also like to announce that the next chapter of Nightshade is releasing TOMORROW! It is by far the largest and longest chapter yet (just a fair warning!) and has taken me SO much work, but I'm really proud of it. I hope you'll all enjoy what I have in store...
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    mi8qgWC.png
    I hope you've all had a fun and safe holiday! Here's a little something special to celebrate. Can anyone guess who their costumes are? ;)

I'd also like to announce that the next chapter of Nightshade is releasing TOMORROW! It is by far the largest and longest chapter yet (just a fair warning!) and has taken me SO much work, but I'm really proud of it. I hope you'll all enjoy what I have in store...

Jack and Sally?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGiYxCUAhks
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    mi8qgWC.png

@squirrelwithacup Love this! They look great as Jack and Sally! Can't wait for the release of your new "Nightshade" chapter tomorrow. I know that you have been working really hard on it. I can't believe how big this chapter is going to be. On a serious note....as big this chapter is and all the work you have put into it, I can't believe you are going to release it this soon.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey @squirrelwithacup ! Fantastic job. You really nailed their costumes. :smiley:
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    mi8qgWC.png

Jack and Sally?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGiYxCUAhks
    mi8qgWC.png

@squirrelwithacup Love this! They look great as Jack and Sally! Can't wait for the release of your new "Nightshade" chapter tomorrow. I know that you have been working really hard on it. I can't believe how big this chapter is going to be. On a serious note....as big this chapter is and all the work you have put into it, I can't believe you are going to release it this soon.
    Hey @squirrelwithacup ! Fantastic job. You really nailed their costumes. :smiley:

Thanks, all of you! And yes -- the costumes are Jack and Sally. :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    L3STzGs.png
    At 8,216 words and approximately 30 minutes of reading time, as I said, this is my largest Nightshade chapter by far. But I hope you all enjoy this brief break from Tiffany and Orion to see something really special. I'm so proud of my hard work on this chapter and I apologize for the HUGE length all in one chapter... but to make up for it...
    It is OFFICIAL: Sit tight, because in the next chapter, Orion and you guys will finally find out who the father is. ;)

Now, while you're waiting on that to transpire, read chapter 68 here!
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    L3STzGs.png
    At 8,216 words and approximately 30 minutes of reading time, as I said, this is my largest Nightshade chapter by far. But I hope you all enjoy this brief break from Tiffany and Orion to see something really special. I'm so proud of my hard work on this chapter and I apologize for the HUGE length all in one chapter... but to make up for it...
    It is OFFICIAL: Sit tight, because in the next chapter, Orion and you guys will finally find out who the father is. ;)

@squirrelwithacup Wow!!!
    Your edits are just beautiful and I love that Amelia now knows where she comes from now. The scene with her birth mother put little tears in my eyes. I agree that if things had been different she would have never met Onyx or Alexander, but I wish that she also could have/had a relationship with Sofia. She would have been much better than Elaine for sure. Alexander is always into something. :D Macha is a cutie! As one of your readers, I appreciate all the hard work and time that you put into this chapter. I appreciate all the hard work and time you put into all chapters, but I know this one took lots of extra time and effort. No rush, but I can't wait for the next chapter to see if Orion is indeed the father. Although I already know the answer to this, I still can't wait to see how you present it. Great job! <3:)
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    edited November 2019
    Good grief you worked so hard on that! It also looks like you enjoyed working on it as well <3
    To be honest I'm just as curious to know now what it is Amelia is meant to do as time goes on and how this all slots in even though it's pretty much a stand alone story kind of a chapter if it wants to be. But I also think in this case she needs to know where she's come from so she can learn who she is meant to become. I love the moments of normalcy, happiness and life that you inject between your dramatic scenes as well, it makes things seem so much more probable and realistic than these stories that crash from one disaster to another with no sign of a nervous breakdown in sight. People just don't work like that, they need their down time between. I love the story you've told her (if you couldn't guess) and the pace it's moving around at. It was long past time that we had an Onyx and Amelia chapter too :) Thanks for a happy tea break.
  • Options
    L3STzGs.png

@squirrelwithacup Wow!!!
    Your edits are just beautiful and I love that Amelia now knows where she comes from now. The scene with her birth mother put little tears in my eyes. I agree that if things had been different she would have never met Onyx or Alexander, but I wish that she also could have/had a relationship with Sofia. She would have been much better than Elaine for sure. Alexander is always into something. :D Macha is a cutie! As one of your readers, I appreciate all the hard work and time that you put into this chapter. I appreciate all the hard work and time you put into all chapters, but I know this one took lots of extra time and effort. No rush, but I can't wait for the next chapter to see if Orion is indeed the father. Although I already know the answer to this, I still can't wait to see how you present it. Great job! <3:)

@mamasquirrel
    Thank you! And yes, I think that was definitely an emotional scene! Maybe it would have been nice for things to have worked differently and for Sofia to be in her life, but as you know, even the tiniest movement can cause big ripples...
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Good grief you worked so hard on that! It also looks like you enjoyed working on it as well <3
    To be honest I'm just as curious to know now what it is Amelia is meant to do as time goes on and how this all slots in even though it's pretty much a stand alone story kind of a chapter if it wants to be. But I also think in this case she needs to know where she's come from so she can learn who she is meant to become. I love the moments of normalcy, happiness and life that you inject between your dramatic scenes as well, it makes things seem so much more probable and realistic than these stories that crash from one disaster to another with no sign of a nervous breakdown in sight. People just don't work like that, they need their down time between. I love the story you've told her (if you couldn't guess) and the pace it's moving around at. It was long past time that we had an Onyx and Amelia chapter too :) Thanks for a happy tea break.

@Bloosmoo I enjoyed working on it for the most part but after 50+ hours you do get a little sick of looking at it! :joy: But I know it's worth it <3
    It definitely is standing on on it's own but I think, moving forward, this gives Amelia a stronger sense of self and identity-- I'm sure that anyone who was adopted would like to know that missing piece of their history. But knowing the truth about the situation is something she's going to value, and she'll carry those few little memories she got the chance to make with Sofia with her forever. <3

I can agree that so many stories have pacing problems. It's disaster after disaster without giving any characters time to grieve or process it, and it's like there's no time normal life moments. In certain cases that can be fine but... it's very overused. I like to highlight those little moments that seem insignificant but build on relationship and character and make everyone seem relatable because they're doing normal life things and having regular conversations and smiling and laughing together. The balance of the good and the bad is important.

And of course... I'm sure I wasn't the only one sorely missing Onyx and Amelia (as well as Alexander and Brynn!) so this is a well-timed chapter before we dive into the next phase of Orion's endless torment...
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    I have no words. Okay,maybe I do.
    I agree completely @squirrelwithacup. I was missing Amelia and Onyx. I was not able to check the forums yesterday so i did not get to guess but as soon as I saw the picture I just thought Jack and Sally immediately. I can tell that you put a lot of effort into it.
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    That was long, but fun.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited November 2019
    As always your chapters were well worth the wait.
    I was heartbroken in the moment with Orion and I was in awe with Amelia as she discovered Selvadorado. Although I have a a hunch there is a whole lot more for her to discover as of yet. With this last giant chapter in particular I agree that you balance the happy and the sad so well. I laughed, I cried and by the end I felt so gratified on behalf of Amelia. Finding and extending her family and realizing that although the past was sad...it brought her to get happiness in her future.
  • Options
    doggers123 wrote: »
    I have no words. Okay,maybe I do.
    I agree completely @squirrelwithacup. I was missing Amelia and Onyx. I was not able to check the forums yesterday so i did not get to guess but as soon as I saw the picture I just thought Jack and Sally immediately. I can tell that you put a lot of effort into it.

@doggers123
    I'm glad it seems like you're all happy to see Onyx and Amelia again, even if it's just for a short intermission that they get the spotlight for now. I did put a lot of effort into the Jack and Sally picture, but it was really fun to do!
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    That was long, but fun.

@nerdfashion Yes, definitely long. Proofreading that was a chore. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    As always your chapters were well worth the wait.
    I was heartbroken in the moment with Orion and I was in awe with Amelia as she discovered Selvadorado. Although I have a a hunch there is a whole lot more for her to discover as of yet. With this last giant chapter in particular I agree that you balance the happy and the sad so well. I laughed, I cried and by the end I felt so gratified on behalf of Amelia. Finding and extending her family and realizing that although the past was sad...it brought her to get happiness in her future.

@TheAemaSimming Aww, thank you.
    I was heartbroken for Orion too. Poor boy must have been so scared to be left completely, inescapably vulnerable to Tiffany...

Perhaps there is more for her to discover about her past, or perhaps this brings that part of her life to a nice closure. I like that I left this chapter open-ended but also at a point it can stand on it's own as a nice discovery story for Amelia and that's it, because although I have general ideas in mind, even I'm not entirely sure where I'll go with this subject yet!
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    Alright everyone. It's been sixteen days since the last chapter, but I finally have the moment you've all been waiting for...
    DDc56Sv.png
    Read chapter 69 of Nightshade here!

Also, sorry for the font change on my banners. I am currently having a slight font issue so... bear with me.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Come ON Orion! Man up and talk to Onyx and Amelia, they'll sort her out and snap some sense into that demon spawn. Or kick her out to live on the streets and burn in the sun, one of the two. I prefer the later.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Come ON Orion! Man up and talk to Onyx and Amelia, they'll sort her out and snap some sense into that demon spawn. Or kick her out to live on the streets and burn in the sun, one of the two. I prefer the later.

@nerdfashion
    If only he could have a brave moment and do that... but Tiffany's threats are keeping that possibility at bay, at least for now. But I definitely agree she should go live on the streets and burn in the sun. That's a better option anyway.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Alright everyone. It's been sixteen days since the last chapter, but I finally have the moment you've all been waiting for...
    DDc56Sv.png

Also, sorry for the font change on my banners. I am currently having a slight font issue so... bear with me.

@squirrelwithacup
    Another great chapter! I just love Orion and the man he is. Don't change a thing about him. He is considerate of others, he is loving, caring, can show emotions, he puts others before himself, he's loyal, faithful, and true. What more can you ask for? I wish there were more men in RL like him. He just wants no harm to come to those children or himself and to ensure that, he will endure what he must. If he brings Onyx and Amelia into it, then we all know this probably would not end well. None of this has to do with being a man or even a woman, it has to do with just being a good person and protecting those babies.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    DDc56Sv.png

@squirrelwithacup
    Another great chapter! I just love Orion and the man he is. Don't change a thing about him. He is considerate of others, he is loving, caring, can show emotions, he puts others before himself, he's loyal, faithful, and true. What more can you ask for? I wish there were more men in RL like him. He just wants no harm to come to those children or himself and to ensure that, he will endure what he must. If he brings Onyx and Amelia into it, then we all know this probably would not end well. None of this has to do with being a man or even a woman, it has to do with just being a good person and protecting those babies.

@mamasquirrel
    I love Orion too and the world would definitely be a better place if there were a whole lot more Orions :joy: of course I can't say what his outcome will be, if Onyx and Amelia will get involved, etc... but I will say that all of this that he has to endure won't last forever. His story is a long, long way from its end. ;)
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    This time I have no words!
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    doggers123 wrote: »
    This time I have no words!

At least you found out who the father was! ;)
    And that everything after this is certainly going to be disastrous...
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    The only words I could think of were: That......girl! Sophie worries me though, I mean surely she's going to have zero impulse control and what are Onyx and Amelia going to think about that?