Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Color wheel or scale objects?

Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
if you could choose only color wheel or ability to scale objects which one would you choose ?
11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
Post edited by Charlotta11 on

Color wheel or scale objects? 166 votes

CAST
75%
CK213icmnfrshJeanGRIMMYrudy8292IdontrcallSandySimSamadamsPlayeralexspoom13alan650111SimmervilleaprilroseJessa_DakkarFKM100KelleygirlWritin_RegaricaraibandcampsquirrelCynnaAnmirla 125 votes
Ability to scale objects
24%
Kita5399BlkBarbiegalVkittyThunderbat87KlthfrobyngravesSjofnstilljustme2sekojranaVuloriPegasystaydevVampirebloodheartXxAirixXdopaminedroidannaliese39LittlBowBubmariajane216DoloresGreyEnkiSchmidt 41 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    CAST
    Just started to use the scaling feature, it's fun but I managed 4 years without it. Color wheel I loved for the entire TS3 era, so I guess it's it for me if I need to choose.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    sinsimmersinsimmer Posts: 40 Member
    Ability to scale objects
    I love the ability to scale objects! I didn't play Sims 3 so I haven't used a colour wheel in any Sims game, but it does seem like a great idea - even game changing!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    CAST
    Color wheel. I dont' even need a full blown CAST dont' need the patterns. Though they were neat for sure, and I do miss the animal prints (leopard skinned everything!!!) But I feel like a need at least a basic 16 color palette to be able to choose from, just to make things match. Right now you plop down 10 items and guarantee at least 1-2 of them won't match up, even though you did your best to get them to match.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    CAST
    Never used the scaling feature to be honest... I liked the colour wheel from The Sims 3 though, so voted for this.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    CAST
    Color wheel! I need my colors! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited July 2018
    CAST
    Color Wheel !! I like the scaling option, but with my mac I can only make objects smaller, not bigger.
    I'd like it if we could have the color wheel back, I don't need the patterns (they were nice though), just being able to change colors would be nice.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I can’t really decide, because both are really unique features, without object scaling I wouldn’t be able to decorate my builds the way I would want to, but the same can be said about CASt if there isn’t a colour swatch available for what I’m building.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    CAST
    CAST offers more possibilities than object scaling. With how infrequently I scale objects I would prefer the customization of CAST.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    CAST
    CASt would add so many more options to that same couch I kept using. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    CAST
    I would love to have the color wheel or something like it as I am sick and tired of furniture not matching!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    CAST
    Gimme a colour wheel! We can already size stuff up and down and it rarely works the right way...so yeah..colour wheel please.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    CAST
    CAST because I never scale objects.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    CAST
    Easily CAST I prefer basic normal colors on everything and this game does not offer it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    CAST
    Scaling objects is a nice feature but also a bit of a novelty. CASt for me is amazing, essential, creative, fun and it enables me to make the game really mine. Still can't believe they got rid of it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Ability to scale objects
    If it is anything like sims 3 and slows and lags the game, I think I would pass on the color wheel. I can do just fine without it. I rather we have a body shop that is separate like in Sims 2. That was cool and I rather be able to make custom clothing easier so I can complete some of my sims.
  • Options
    MattDMattD Posts: 1 New Member
    CAST
    Definitely a color wheel mainly for more options for making better rooms. I don't really scale objects that much tbh.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    CAST
    This is hard, but CAST is still better as I always struggle when furnishing because I want to place an object but none of the swatches match with another object that I have placed (especially objects from different packs).
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    OP what do you mean by scaling objects? I thought that was the resize cheat..
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    CAST
    Red Pill! :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I do not want CAST back, but I would like a color wheel!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Ability to scale objects
    Definitely scaling. I honestly don't feel the need for a color wheel, I'm fine with swatches (though I'd really like just a few more of them). But being able to shrink or enlarge almost anything leaves room for tons of decorative creativity, especially for a less realistic and more fantastical player like I am. You can create Wonderland! It's brilliant! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    corbindamormoncorbindamormon Posts: 9 New Member
    CAST
    I would at least like some sort of customization with the swatches like being able to have the power to put the colors i like together like in previous sims games
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Ability to scale objects
    i couldn't care less about the color wheel.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    CAST
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    If it is anything like sims 3 and slows and lags the game, I think I would pass on the color wheel. I can do just fine without it. I rather we have a body shop that is separate like in Sims 2. That was cool and I rather be able to make custom clothing easier so I can complete some of my sims.
    Is CAST causing Sims 3 like issues for you when you use it on cats and dogs? I think a Sims 2 body shop that is easy to use would be a good compromise.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    CAST
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Is CAST causing Sims 3 like issues for you when you use it on cats and dogs? I think a Sims 2 body shop that is easy to use would be a good compromise.
    CASt didn’t cause issues in Sims 3, it’s a very consistent and powerful urban legend though.
    5JZ57S6.png