Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    i'm gonna start writing tommmorrow. my sims like each other now. lol.

Yayyy!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm gonna start writing tommmorrow. my sims like each other now. lol.

Yayyy!

yeah she kept rejecting him . now they had a baby. lol
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Wait... I just realised it's a new week. :joy:
    Im sorry for the absence last week.
    If whoever's turn it was last week wishes to go this week, that's totally fine. I'll catch up next week. :blush: Hopefully! I already feel much better so I'm aiming to be back by next week. *fingers crossed*
    Ok I'll stop rambling! :D

Pretty sure we haven't chatted about @Firande's story yet. I'll hopefully be all caught up tomorrow, so I should be able to answer questions. Or I can make up some author questions if you prefer. :)

Clanbuilding for Dummies is on for this Friday. Yay for resumed consistency!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @katrinasforest We are going to feature @Firande's story next week. :)
  • Options
    @simscognito Ah, okay. That makes sense. I forgot it was Thursday. Not much of a week left there. ^_^;;

Here's the newest chapter of Clanbuilding for Dummies:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/09/20/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-20/

The plot's really picking up now. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Wait... I just realised it's a new week. :joy:
    Im sorry for the absence last week.
    If whoever's turn it was last week wishes to go this week, that's totally fine. I'll catch up next week. :blush: Hopefully! I already feel much better so I'm aiming to be back by next week. *fingers crossed*
    Ok I'll stop rambling! :D

Pretty sure we haven't chatted about @Firande's story yet. I'll hopefully be all caught up tomorrow, so I should be able to answer questions. Or I can make up some author questions if you prefer. :)

Clanbuilding for Dummies is on for this Friday. Yay for resumed consistency!

Thank you so much for reading! <3 I really appreciate it so much.

Also thanks (& too @simscognito) for allowing me a spot to host next week! :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    @Firande Just posting that I'm caught up and all ready to chat about your fic whenever you are. :)
  • Options
    @Firande Just posting that I'm caught up and all ready to chat about your fic whenever you are. :)

Alright, thank you SO much for reading! <3<3 It means so much. I have been so super busy with my job and university this week, but as soon as I have time I'll be getting back to your story and reading as far as I can, because I enjoy it so much!!

As for the chat about my fic... I have a few questions for you guys that I've been curious about. :blush:

1. With my story having an ensemble cast and not really one main protagonist, I was curious... who is your favorite character so far and why?
    2. Do you have any theories yet on the whole Calo vs. Tika thing? Which of them would you place your bets on to come out the victor?
    3. What do you guys think about Nancy and Tika's relationship? Do you believe they might last?

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.
    Chapter eighty two: Forbidden
    chapter-eighty-two-forbidden_orig.png

@Firande I'll answer your questions this weekend.
  • Options
    Firande wrote: »

Alright, thank you SO much for reading! <3<3 It means so much. I have been so super busy with my job and university this week, but as soon as I have time I'll be getting back to your story and reading as far as I can, because I enjoy it so much!!

As for the chat about my fic... I have a few questions for you guys that I've been curious about. :blush:

1. With my story having an ensemble cast and not really one main protagonist, I was curious... who is your favorite character so far and why?
    2. Do you have any theories yet on the whole Calo vs. Tika thing? Which of them would you place your bets on to come out the victor?
    3. What do you guys think about Nancy and Tika's relationship? Do you believe they might last?

1. I'd say Tika is my favorite so far. He just tries really hard, and he comes off as very relatable. And I love aliens. I think they get ignored in SimFic a lot.

2. Well, I'm rooting for Tika (see answer number one--he-he!), but I think it's going to be an uphill fight for him. Even his memory wipe isn't quite as powerful as Calo's "manipulate life spirit" power (assuming he has that.)

3. The pre-made Sims always make interesting characters, because everyone has their own ideas about them, and yet there's just enough familiarity that readers are usually pretty open to all interpretations of them. I think the way Nancy's presented in your story, she and Tika might have their difficulties, but I think they'll ultimately stick together. :)
  • Options
    @Firande
    At the moment it has to be Tika because he's the one with the most screen time atm and, like @katrinasforest said he tries really hard but doesn't always get it right, which makes him kind of endearing.
    Ofc I'm routing for Tika. As for who I am betting will win... I hope it's Tika but honestly Calo has probably more chances of winning, unless Tika manages to come up with a cunning plan to weaken Calo's powers. XD
    Absolutely not. Nancy doesn't seem that invested in the relationship. I think she's going to break his heart at some point.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

you know i love henry and alex. i think its cause of the dynamic. i hope thats the right word ones super nice. well i haven't rea past chapter one but henry seems nice. then alex wanders around causing mischief. so opposites.
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much for your responses! :blush: It's so interesting to see... and, since I'm about 4 seasons ahead on my blog, it's funny too with all the knowledge I now have.... muwhahaha. :joy: Though all of this stuff will be sorted out by chapter 19 with the end of season 1... so you'll have your definitive answers then. :smirk:

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options

you know i love henry and alex. i think its cause of the dynamic. i hope thats the right word ones super nice. well i haven't rea past chapter one but henry seems nice. then alex wanders around causing mischief. so opposites.

Hi @friendsfan367 . We were actually spotlighting @Firande's story so I'll answer who my favourite character from her story is. It has to be Tori closely followed by Tika. I love how complicated they are and morally ambiguous. They have a lot of shades to them. <3
  • Options
  • Options
    @Firande Looking forward to it!

@simscognito Dang. Bad week for me to drop the ball on checking the forums. (I didn't get any alerts, which was weird...I thought we were on Friends of Foes, so I was peeking in to catch up and comment.)

I guess if anyone still has time to chat about Clanbuilding this week, I'm curious who everyone's favorite character is of the original ones in the story. So far that'd be Elliot, Kyle, Lexi, Jade, and Allie. (And I suppose Joe Paddywhack and his dad, technically speaking.)

I'm also curious since there's very little romance in the story...are there any characters you picture making a good couple? (Especially if the whole clan rivalry wasn't a barrier?) I'm pretty lousy at romance so I tend to shy away from writing it. ^_^;;

Thanks for your thoughts, and no hard feelings if I ran my week out by being quiet. That was on me.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @Firande Looking forward to it!

@simscognito Dang. Bad week for me to drop the ball on checking the forums. (I didn't get any alerts, which was weird...I thought we were on Friends of Foes, so I was peeking in to catch up and comment.)

I guess if anyone still has time to chat about Clanbuilding this week, I'm curious who everyone's favorite character is of the original ones in the story. So far that'd be Elliot, Kyle, Lexi, Jade, and Allie. (And I suppose Joe Paddywhack and his dad, technically speaking.)

I'm also curious since there's very little romance in the story...are there any characters you picture making a good couple? (Especially if the whole clan rivalry wasn't a barrier?) I'm pretty lousy at romance so I tend to shy away from writing it. ^_^;;

Thanks for your thoughts, and no hard feelings if I ran my week out by being quiet. That was on me.

Thank you! :blush:

As for your questions, I'm not quite caught up on Clanbuilding yet, but from what I've read so far, my favorite character would definitely be Elliot. I really love all your characters and I think they all have this one thing that makes them so funny and relatable and therefore easy to like, like I love Kyle's... man, what's the word.... loserness? But in a good way. :joy: And his bluntness, too. Lexi is just great, she's so sociable and that type of person I'd imagine I could be great friends with in real life, too. But Elliot... gosh, I just love him. I love how much of an "average Joe" he is, even as a vampire. I think I've said that before in one of my comments on your blog, but you so often see these incredibly aesthetically pleasing main characters (I am actually VERY guilty of this one too LOL) who are all heroic and kind of perfect and therefore so hard to imagine that they could actually exist in real life. With Elliot, I find it so easy to envision him as a character and can even go so far as to imagine him as a real person, because he's just so human - he isn't impossibly handsome, doesn't have some impossibly toned body even while never once hitting the gym, and he is a good guy but he still has his flaws... he's so endearing, too, just like, the way he tries LOL. I love how they're all kind of losers, but again in a good way. Me and my friends use that term a lot to describe our characters and we never mean it in a negative way, it's just more those kinds of characters whose everyday struggles in life you actually get to experience, and whose endeavors to deal with those struggles are comical enough to be really fun to read/experience with the character and, again, to relate.

What I always use with characters is what I call the "check-out test" LOL. I've been a cashier for 5 years, and so what I always do is I try to envision these characters as real people doing groceries and standing at my checkout. When I find it easy to imagine, I feel these are solid, good characters that actually could be real people, too. (Them being occults in this case doesn't make a difference, they could feel as "real people" just as well and still be wacky vampires LOL). But with some I just struggle so hard to imagine them, because they're either too perfect or they don't feel well-developed enough to really imagine how they would respond in a situation of checking out groceries, or they're just too much in something, whatever it may be. With your characters, I could easily envision them all at my checkout, because they're such relatable, good, and well-developed characters that they're easy to imagine as real life people too!
    I love that about your story. :blush: All these Sims may be Sims, but they could've just as well existed in real life... even if they are vampires LOL. That says even more about your ability to make your characters feel real and relatable.

This is extra funny because of the fact that your characters are for the most part actually vampires. :joy: They still feel so human, so... normal, I guess is the word here too. But normal in a good way - they're different enough to be super fun to read, but also normal enough to relate to. Who would've thought I'd describe a vampire as 'normal' and 'relatable'? :sweat_smile: That's what I love so much about your story.

As for your second question, it's funny that you mention that you're absolutely not about romance... because I'm pretty much the opposite. :joy: My friends have called me out for my 'shipping heart', because I always go and ship everyone with everyone. :joy: For your story, again from what I've read, the moment Lexi and Elliot met, I've kind of shipped them if I'm honest. :joy: I also really do love them as friends but man... I feel like they could be a really good couple romantically too, if they wanted to be! I've actually also sort of felt it with Lexi and Kyle, but with them I'd see something more of a transient relationship, some brief fling before they both realize they're way better as friends and go back to a platonic relationship. Might even be as little as just one kiss... though I guess they've already sort of gone there, huh? :smirk::sweat_smile:

Throughout me reading your story, you will probably notice me making more of those comments where I'll exclaim I totally ship X and X... I really can't help it. It's in my nature, I guess. :joy:

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

Chapter eighty three: I Did Something Bad
    i-did-something-bad_orig.png

@katrinasforest No worries. I'll answer your questions this weekend and sorry about the confusion. I have noticed that the order of our simlits on the front page isn't in the same order as we've been spotlighting.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @Firande Oh, wow. Thank you so much for all your kind words! That and your comments on my site mean a lot to me! And I'm glad to hear Elliot is relatable. I agree if Lexi had any interest in romance, she and Elliot would probably make a cute couple. (She's ace in my head, but I've written a few stories in different fandoms about couples that would never happen canonically, so it doesn't bother me if people do the same with my characters. In all honestly, I'm flattered anyone would find them interesting enough to ship in the first place. ^_^ ) No rush on catching up! I'll limit my questions to the chapters you've read whenever my week comes up.

@simscognito Thanks a lot. That's probably where my confusion happened.

Newest chapter is now up:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/10/04/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-21/

This is the one where that little side story about Bart the cat actually becomes relevant. :)

• Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Hey guys :) How is everyone doing?
    Is there any room so I can join up again, please?
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    Hi, @NyteRose! I'd love to have your story back in the rotation!

@simscognito Are we discussing Friends of Foes this week? (Figured better to ask on Monday rather Thursday.)
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I'm having a weird issue... thread topics are grayed out and I can't go online with Origin, anyone else having this issue?
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Hey guys :) How is everyone doing?
    Is there any room so I can join up again, please?

@NyteRose hey, sure you can join. Welcome back!
  • Options
    Hi, @NyteRose! I'd love to have your story back in the rotation!

@simscognito Are we discussing Friends of Foes this week? (Figured better to ask on Monday rather Thursday.)

@katrinasforest Hi, yes we are. Sorry I have been inactive. I've just started a new medication and it's made me quite tired.