Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @simscognito I think so. Here's my latest chapter, though I think both of you saw it in my other thread already:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/03/08/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-10/

@NyteRose Opps! I thought the last chapter was the most recent one, so I guess I'm not as caught up as I thought. You're coming out with these fast! :)

So, let's see, for questions this time...

1. Right now, I'm planning on devoting more time to Elliot and his clan than Miss H and hers. Do you like this set up or do you feel like the two should get equal time?

2. Do you feel like Allie is using Caleb or that she genuinely cares for him?

3. Who do you think Miss H and Elliot will try to lure into their clans next, now that Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab are gone?
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @katrinasforest
    1. Go with your gut instinct on this one. If you want to give Elliot more time, do it. If you want to give equal time, do so. Do what feels right to you/the plotline.
    2. Both, but more aligned towards using him for ulterior motives. I think she's gonna turn on him and ally with Miss H (hoping not the case.) *crosses fingers*
    3. The Goths would make the most sense since they're the most powerful/influential family in Willow Creek. The Fengs of San Myshuno are another option.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @simscognito @katrinasforest
    I posted this in @kirivian 's vampire thread but thought I'd post it here too. I made a Sim of Keegan Connor, the antagonist in my story. The only things missing are the slope from a broken nose in the past and a small scar on his chin...and he's hot if you're into insane, evil, abusive sociopaths. There's an older version of him I made on the Gallery when I was sharing my boyfriend's account, so this version is a direct remake. I cheated to make him a Master vampire, and this newer version is on the Gallery too. CC-free and under the ID nyterose1 if anyone wants to use him. Now I realized I forgot to set the rest of his outfits :D

Keegan Connor (Normal Form)
    40377626723_dbf8f2dcea.jpg03-10-19_6-56-11 PM by nyterose20032000, on Flickr

Dark Form
    40377627553_4befb09c2f.jpg03-10-19_6-56-20 PM by nyterose20032000, on Flickr

EDIT- Chapter 29 is in the works.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Even near death can't keep them apart...
    Chapter 29: Awakening is now finished and posted. Slightly longer than usual. Enjoy, and thanks for reading :)
    Post edited by NyteRose on
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.
    Chapter fifty seven: Choices
    chapter-fifty-seven-choices_orig.jpg
    @katrinasforest I may be late to answering the questions but I will get round to them. I kinda hit rock bottom again in health. *Sigh* One can get very bored with health issues very quickly.
  • Options
    @NyteRose Thanks! Appreciate your insight. I know I'm behind on your chapters--I'm behind on a lot this week. Got a convention coming up I'm speaking at and sort of revolving all my extra time over making sure my presentations are ready.

@simscognito No problem. Hope your health improves soon. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @simscognito Hope you start feeling better soon *hugs*
    @katrinasforest Yeah, no problem. You should have time to catch up unless the Muse strikes again and Chapter 30 mysteriously writes and publishes itself :p
  • Options
    @katrinasforest
    1. Right now, I'm planning on devoting more time to Elliot and his clan than Miss H and hers. Do you like this set up or do you feel like the two should get equal time?
    I really like Elliot and his clan, so I wouldn't mind. But I agree with @NyteRose, go with your gut. :)

2. Do you feel like Allie is using Caleb or that she genuinely cares for him?
    Hmm... I really hope it's genuine. Don't want to see Caleb hurt but I do have a sneaky inkling she might turn on him. She seems quite driven.

3. Who do you think Miss H and Elliot will try to lure into their clans next, now that Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab are gone?
    Yep, have to agree. The Goths. They need to be part of the clans. :joy: Oooh what if they're on split sides? :joy: Split the Goths up XD
  • Options
    @NyteRose I think it's your week this week.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @simscognito I think you're right. Well, we have Chapters 26-29 to discuss! And earlier, if you all want to pipe in on that too! So, in that case:

1. Out of Chapters 26-29, what's your favorite part? (a scene, dialogue, character, etc?) Who or why?
    2. What do you think is going to happen next with Jas and Caleb? With Tobias and Lilith?
    3. How much more danger do you think Jas is going to be in, now that the truth about her is out? (known by Lilith, Tobias, and obviously Caleb.)

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Sorry to spam, but this is kinda important. A notice I just posted on my blog:

I will continue to participate in the Circle as a reader, just not as a writer :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @simscognito Appreciate the feedback! Allie was originally a character in my novel who got reincarnated in this comic. She can get very goal-oriented. ^_^

@NyteRose Sorry to hear you're feeling burnt out. I'm sure the muse will hit again. You wrote a lot in a really short time--it's okay to take a break.

Grr... I really will get back to my normal schedule after this weekend! I'm speaking at an anime convention this weekend (four different panels/sessions!) and I've been working like a maniac.

Appreciate both of you being so insanely patient with me.
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.
    Chapter fifty eight: Decisions
    chapter-fifty-eight-decisions_orig.jpg

@NyteRose I'll answer your questions this weekend.
    @katrinasforest oh awesome. You're writing a novel? That's so cool. What's it about?
  • Options
    Thanks, @simscognito. It's about a gorgon (Allie) who's trying to thwart the death prophesy against her. She also ropes a newly turned vampire into helping her out.

Caleb is obviously not a newly turned vampire (at least, I never got that impression), but when I wanted him to have a significant other in the comic, I got the idea to pluck Allie from my book.

Her vampire form is going to have a nod to her origins as well. :)

Only slightly on topic, last day of the conference tomorrow. I've only got two more panels to run. ^_^
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Feeling a tad of creativity but I'm not gonna push it. I guess playing games other than Sims really does help- I've just returned to SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic), an MMORPG. Itching to create a new character since I haven't played for six months and I don't remember much about the game. Just not sure what to make :D

But a story-related question, wasn't sure whether to ask in the Writer's Lounge or not: Should I do a time skip to roughly around Jas' birthday (the day before to celebrate with friends and the actual birthday spent with Caleb) or do a few briefer but crucial scenes in the rehab center then time skip? Gut is telling me to combine both... What would you guys do?

EDIT- I rolled a Torgruta Commando, lavender/white/dark purple color scheme with green eyes. I'd love to share screenshots of my game characters if that's not too off-topic. And yes, there is a Nyterose, she's a Chiss lightning-spec Sith Inquisitor. Loves torturing and zapping people XD
  • Options
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @simscognito I think you're right. Well, we have Chapters 26-29 to discuss! And earlier, if you all want to pipe in on that too! So, in that case:

1. Out of Chapters 26-29, what's your favorite part? (a scene, dialogue, character, etc?) Who or why?
    2. What do you think is going to happen next with Jas and Caleb? With Tobias and Lilith?
    3. How much more danger do you think Jas is going to be in, now that the truth about her is out? (known by Lilith, Tobias, and obviously Caleb.)
    @NyteRose
    1. Tears pooled at the edges of his eyes and slid down Caleb’s cheek. “I miss you,” he whispered to the image, fingering it softly. “I miss you so much.” Caleb's pain is beautifully captured here. I can feel his loss.
    2. Ok so Jas and Caleb are definitely getting back together but I'm not sure what the deal is with Lilith and Tobias... something's telling me there's a catch here. I have to say i was surprised when we found out that Tobias and Jas are related. I think that's going to be a shock for Jas too.
    3. Jas is going to be SOOO shocked when she finds out and probs the next one to be almost dead.
  • Options
    Feeling a tad of creativity but I'm not gonna push it. I guess playing games other than Sims really does help- I've just returned to SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic), an MMORPG. Itching to create a new character since I haven't played for six months and I don't remember much about the game. Just not sure what to make :D

But a story-related question, wasn't sure whether to ask in the Writer's Lounge or not: Should I do a time skip to roughly around Jas' birthday (the day before to celebrate with friends and the actual birthday spent with Caleb) or do a few briefer but crucial scenes in the rehab center then time skip? Gut is telling me to combine both... What would you guys do?

EDIT- I rolled a Torgruta Commando, lavender/white/dark purple color scheme with green eyes. I'd love to share screenshots of my game characters if that's not too off-topic. And yes, there is a Nyterose, she's a Chiss lightning-spec Sith Inquisitor. Loves torturing and zapping people XD

@NyteRose I think some crucial scenes in the rehab centre would be interesting character and psychological development.
  • Options
    Also this week I think it's my week in the reading circle.

I'm not quite sure how to put this into words so I'm just going to straight out ask where you think this is heading? Is Henry belonging to a witch's coven going to cause problems? Is the wedding going to be a disaster? What is the deal with the witches? Who do you think is at stake? What's up with Paris and Lilith?
  • Options

@NyteRose
    1. Tears pooled at the edges of his eyes and slid down Caleb’s cheek. “I miss you,” he whispered to the image, fingering it softly. “I miss you so much.” Caleb's pain is beautifully captured here. I can feel his loss.
    2. Ok so Jas and Caleb are definitely getting back together but I'm not sure what the deal is with Lilith and Tobias... something's telling me there's a catch here. I have to say i was surprised when we found out that Tobias and Jas are related. I think that's going to be a shock for Jas too.
    3. Jas is going to be SOOO shocked when she finds out and probs the next one to be almost dead.

@simscognito You're definitely on the right track here but I'm not saying another word...

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Update- Piecing together Chapter 30 slowly but surely and creating my own lore/backstory for the town of Moonlight Falls since it plays a part in at least two, three more chapters (this is subject to change.)

I'm not sure what the deal is with Lilith and Tobias... something's telling me there's a catch here.
    Not really a catch per se, just a father about to lay down the riot act about her past behavior and attitude towards Jas. But we'll have to wait and see ;)

• Options
    Update- Piecing together Chapter 30 slowly but surely and creating my own lore/backstory for the town of Moonlight Falls since it plays a part in at least two, three more chapters (this is subject to change.)

I'm not sure what the deal is with Lilith and Tobias... something's telling me there's a catch here.
    Not really a catch per se, just a father about to lay down the riot act about her past behavior and attitude towards Jas. But we'll have to wait and see ;)

@NyteRose I guess they need that conversation. Maybe Lilith and Jas can make up.
  • Options

Yea! Stuff is normal again! (For now, anyway!) I use my computer for stuff besides PowerPoint!

1. It was a small thing, but one scene I liked was when Jas and Lilith are both trying to get her into the hospital (and getting pretty mad at each other in the process), and Tobias just very calmly does his vampire thing and orders the guard to let them through. It's sort of showcasing all their personalities at once--Jas is passionate, Lilith cares about Caleb but has a quick temper, and Tobias seems to push his emotions down to get the job done.

2. I'm pretty sure Jas and Caleb are going to be a couple now. I don't know about Tobias and Lilith. I imagine there's a long talk in store for them.

3. I was kind of hoping Jas will be in less danger now. The three people who know seem willing to keep her secret, and I'm hoping she'll be able to use her powers to defend herself against any would-be future attackers. (Though the fact that you're asking this question makes me think this probably isn't the case.)

@simscognito, I'm reading and responding to your story next. Thanks so much for how patience your guys were with me the past couple weeks.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    And now I'm caught up on Friends of Foes as well. :)
    Also this week I think it's my week in the reading circle.

I'm not quite sure how to put this into words so I'm just going to straight out ask where you think this is heading? Is Henry belonging to a witch's coven going to cause problems? Is the wedding going to be a disaster? What is the deal with the witches? Who do you think is at stake? What's up with Paris and Lilith?

There's been too much buildup to Henry and Alex's wedding for there to be no consequences. I think they're in kind of a unique position, because while most people ask questions like, "Are we compatible?" and "Do we want to spend the rest of our lives together?" they're asking (or should be asking) questions like, "Now are we totally sure this isn't going to inadvertently cause irreparable harm to lots of people we know and love?"

I feel like the witches are mostly out to establish their own place of power amongst everyone else's, but how far they're willing to go to do that, I'm not sure.

Considering Grim is involved, I think it's less of "who do you think is at stake" and I'm more left wondering, "Who's actually safe?" I feel like Henry and Alex probably are, just from being the protagonists, but I honestly don't know about anyone else. For all I know, you could be planning to go full-out Games of Thrones here. ^_^

@NyteRose I realized I missed your one question about if you should time skip or focus on a few scenes in between. I agree with @simscognito that a little of both could work. You could show highlights of time without dedicating a full chapter to each event. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    @simscognito
    Henry is having major cold feet, he should back out, take a break, and think about what he wants. The wedding is going to be a HUGE disaster and mistake, in my opinion, for both of them. Something will go wrong at the event.

I agree with @katrinasforest about the witches, they want their place and power. How far they'll go to get it, we don't know.

With Grim involved, nobody is safe. He is Death incarnate, after all. Big question is why do the vampires want him? Are they looking for a way to end their immortality? A magic ritual or pact with the witches?
  • Options
    @simscognito @katrinasforest
    Drafting Chapter 30 as we speak, but I'm having trouble coming up with a title (I predraft (format?) my WP post pages before copy/pasting from the actual drafts in LibreOffice.) So, without spoiling the actual chapter contents, I can divulge that the themes include reunion, coming to terms with a loved one's life choices, changing one's mind about an ironclad decision, and a birthday. Hope that doesn't spoil anything and appreciate any/all ideas/suggestions :)