Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What EP concept from Sims 1 & 2 do you want to return most?

Remember; when you vote for these any of them return as a Game Pack, depending on how you see fit;

PS. I could only add 10 so I’ll do Sims 3 in another thread :)

What EP concept from Sims 1 & 2 do you want to return most? 152 votes

Living Large - Pack based around new gameplay objects and NPC’s.
0%
Bagoas77 1 vote
House Party - A greater focus on Party equipment, more focus on how Parties and Events work at home.
0%
Hot Date - Dating Expansion, new places to go on dates on. Return of Retail Shops with exclusive content.
5%
auroraael14rosehrtgirlDarcVader1rambahadoerChadSims2NordicPhoenix22xGamingTweetySERVERFRA 8 votes
Superstar - Celebrity Pack, with more focus on actually being a celebrity and the gameplay behind that. Maybe a remake of Studio Town? Not so much focused on being “famous” like Late Night but more about keeping yourself a Superstar.
13%
Dannydanboicmnfrshrudy8292Lomelindi7danacnbrettJprp83luthienrisingdetermigsimmietimeDaemonPawsguvenkarabagli9elelunicySajahiSigzy05robiokosVentusMattHermitgirlYBNS2468Bashsync2015xingyicaicn 20 votes
Makin Magic - Better focus on Witches, maybe a remake of Magic Town, new content is obviously a must but some different throwbacks would be cool.
21%
Jeanalan650111overonKelleygirlBloosmoojustChrisUkKlthfAnmirlarobyngravesalejandro15039NivyxBluellesafersaviourJerrelloMikado-chankristenleighwhitelittlemissgogojackjack_kLiELFEliharb 33 votes
University/University Life - Bringing Back Uni
18%
Akl500PCK213IceyJaprilrosebandcampsquirrelMikeytIrdiwensimgirl1010loubylouloua_niles06jaymancrazkimieswildrosesdavina1221agent_bevtaydevProteus42ElenPinkGracieO312Beena0721jasoninuk1 28 votes
Nightlife - Similar to Hot Date, but more of a focus on the night scene rather than Shops etc
1%
Teslachick2ItsJanier 2 votes
Bon Voyage - Vacation Pack with Hotels, Tour Groups, secret areas, shopping and more. Could be traditional EP or just one GamePack with a single location etc.
13%
Kita5399alexspoom13AlrynnCynnaJennyggCeCeDotmikawagsnikkipoomariajane216Louise_G0325SimmerNickYTgummybear0724KoteykaEvie0602SassycottonUncagedSongbirdx4m1r4Tan80ambrekeShannon0206 20 votes
Free Time - Focus on Hobbies, new gameplay objects and joining groups based on hobbies.
19%
Erja888SjofnpeterskywalkerCheekybitsdimples7377the_greenplumbobFrancl27Cynel1wormstache999AlbaWaterhouseTrashmagickphillips2977LatinaBunnysof2106Internal_Chaosharun789Neiadomina89sixdeadqueensDestin2016 30 votes
Apartment Life - A pack dedicated to building our own Apartment blocks. This could still work alongside City Living, maybe bring them in as “Units” or “Townhouses” officially and still provides the ability to build Apartments. Just trying to think how you could incorporate this without confusing people.
6%
Writin_Regdrake_mccartyg01denswanlexus20QuisHarlowandMeRae357KaronmunroeleKAC 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Makin Magic - Better focus on Witches, maybe a remake of Magic Town, new content is obviously a must but some different throwbacks would be cool.
    Tough choice! I loved Bon Voyage and Free Time so those are both really close seconds. Makin' Magic takes the cake for me though. Let me enchant plastic flamingos into pink women again, EA. But this time also let me marry them. Just for fun.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    For me, I need Witches back in 3D with a decent amount of content, rather than the crappy attention they had in 2 & 3. I feel like I need an EP rather than a GP for Witches too. There’s so much that could be done with them and they don’t feel as narrow like Vampires which are straightforward,
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2018
    1. If I had paid attention better, I would've picked Bon Voyage. Too many choices. :) I really would like this pack out of all the ones up
    there. The idea of fun and shops to go into would be incredible.
    2. University with it's classes is something I enjoyed doing in S3.
    3. Also, Apartment life and making apartments is something I would like.
    4. Makin Magic would be nice only if Magic town was for sure going to be in it; I'm not really into witches and messed with them only once or so
    in extensive play of S3. The potions/items, I did use often.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    It's wishful thinking, but I want a full on Makin' magic remake. I loved the wands with the plumbobs, the creepy exclusive carnival/goth world, the quests for ingredients, the quest towards discovering all spells in the spellbook. And the spells and effects were AWESOME. They don't have to do it all in the remake, but I would like all that magic to be remade for TS4: climbable magic beanstalk to a secret lot in the sky, bonehilda, the skill crystals that pop up in the garden, enchanting gnomes and flamingos, dueling other sims on that podium for magicoins, changing your appearance magically with the beauty and beast charm, and i can go on for ages!

I'm so glad to see it's a fan favorite and lots of people like it to this day.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Makin Magic. I can't just wait to fill the game with magic again. :)
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Superstar - Celebrity Pack, with more focus on actually being a celebrity and the gameplay behind that. Maybe a remake of Studio Town? Not so much focused on being “famous” like Late Night but more about keeping yourself a Superstar.
    Hard to pick just one option. Makin Magic, University and Superstar are my top choices. Since I figured Makin Magic and University would be popular already I picked Superstar.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I really want both Superstar and Makin' Magic.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Free Time - Focus on Hobbies, new gameplay objects and joining groups based on hobbies.
    I really miss sewing machines, but overall I would love to see more hobbies and things for sims to skill up.

I also want university. Sims need the option to go to college and have related careers to their education. Sims doesn't feel right without it.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Apartment Life - A pack dedicated to building our own Apartment blocks. This could still work alongside City Living, maybe bring them in as “Units” or “Townhouses” officially and still provides the ability to build Apartments. Just trying to think how you could incorporate this without confusing people.
    Apartment Life or Superstar. Sims 4 needs better apartments than what CL provided.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I want Apartment Life, Free Time, University, Makin Magic, Superstar and Hot Date, but from all of those options i choose Apartment Life cuz i dont like how the apartments were made in City Living and would enjoy to be able to freely build them myself. This is my priorities list:
    1. Makin' Magic
    2. Superstar
    3. University
    4. Free Time
    5. Apartment Life
    6. Hot Date
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Hot Date - Dating Expansion, new places to go on dates on. Return of Retail Shops with exclusive content.
    i actually want
    apartment life because we need buildable apartments the ones we have now get boring really quick
    superstar i want celebrities in they way they were done in ts1
    freetime adds much more hobbies wich my sims need plus the contests were really fun
    date night we need better focus on dating romance cheating etc but with the turn on's and turn off's
    and bon voyage to really give a vacation feel with more tourism bc right now we have camping and adventuring i would love more culture and just relaxing
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    How is Superstar winning tho
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I selected University. I want the Headmaster back. :) And scholarships.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    University!!!! I'd like Bon Voyage and Freetime too.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want Superstar and University. I'm pretty sure we will get some sort of higher education but I'm not sure what type of stardom we are in for. I hope it's not all dependent or focused on popular media. I want singers that sing, and actors that act as part of the gameplay. I don't want their popularity to be solely based on twitter or you tube.. uggh. I'd like to even see models on the catwalk ect. I don't want it exactly like Superstar but I want a to have my celebrities actually work for their money and I want to see some of it. The fandom and marketing can be part of it of course I just don't want it to be the main part.
    Most of the rest I think will come in various packs, has been done or has been partly done.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I voted hot date because I really enjoyed that expansion in the sims 1 and think the Sims 4 could benefit from a romantic/date pack, but I would also love a University pack (which I hope is next), and a real apartment life pack. I feel like city living missed the mark with us being able to build our own apartments and townhomes.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    It was a tough choice between this and university, but I can live without my sims getting higher education as long as they have new exciting hobbies to take up.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Superstar! It was my favorite Sims 1 Pack, and I would be excited about them making a (sort of) remake of that EP.

I had high hopes for Sims 3 Showtime, but in the end I didn't really like it that much, so bring it on!
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Witches. That is all.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    On the off chance of repeating myself: witches. Always :D
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited July 2018
    Free-time just to get it out of the way and have more Items to sell for GTW retails
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It was a toss up between Makin Magic and Superstar, but I went with Superstar. We've had witches in some form in TS2 and TS3 (although not as involved as the Magic Town ones) but we haven't really had a proper fame system since TS1, and the celebrity system was fun. (The fame system in Late Night is garbage and should burn in a fire)

I think if we ever get a Superstar remake, I'd like a gig system, where your agent signs you up for different jobs that last a certain duration. Like a movie contract where your sim goes to a studio for 5 sim days, or an album that requires 3 recording sessions. And you can juggle as many as you like as long as you can handle them all.

The only problem is that this could be too similar to the GTW active careers, and this would reduce the time you would spend with other household members due to how traveling works in TS4. So this would definitely be geared more towards solo households.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Our sims need more things to do!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i also think that if theydid something like freetime they should reintroduce the hobby system like where a sim is automatically better in one skill than the other an could be better in one than another sim they should also build up fun if they are practicing the skill or hobby the enjoy
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I want them all, lol.