Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Age lengths have changed

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    Yeah, I like the idea of randomized aging so siblings don't all have same birthday but I don't like it in practice. I miss my twins having same birthday! I wish that twins could stay same age and not age up differently.
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I'm not really happy about this change. If a sims is younger than another sim, it should stay that way. You shouldn't be able to 'catch up' on aging. I'll need to use the cake to age up some sims early from now, I suppose.

What really bothers me about this 'feature' is the lack of communication. I think a change like this should be mentioned in patch notes. What's the point of patch notes if you leave out changes to basic game behaviour. I'm glad I found this post, thanks for letting us know.

I agree with everything here.

Especially the stupidity that a younger sim can age up before an older one.

There was already an issue with this via pregnancy, in that pregnant Sims do not age up. So two teens who age up to young adult the same day, one male and one female, will get out of sync if the girl gets pregnant. I assume this was done for technical reasons but it was already a bit strange.

Now add this to it, and with pregnancy plus randomness you could have same-aged sims getting out of sync by a week or more. Wow, that is just very off.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2018
    But doesnt in real life all of us reach childhood, teenagehood and adulthood in the same time/age? I mean, i know that girls and boys get in the puberty in different ways, but i dont think its about their ages. I just dont see the point in making their birthdays being all random. I can understand that about elders, cuz some of them live longar than others, but why the other ages?!
    Cupid wrote: »
    How curious.

I don't play with aging on, but if I did I'd probably not appreciate this. I wonder where they come up with the ideas to implement these strange changes when no one was complaining about the way it worked before :D

They say that they cant spend time adding toggle options for the occults, but they can spend time with something we didnt asked for. -.-'
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    This would be okay if it pertained to JUST YA-elder.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited July 2018
    It was an oversight

Still none of my sims aged since new patch (also I wanted to wait)

I mean... it is great than sims have randomized agespan (I guess now it is same way than pets [note for a future release of MCCC]) as it allow than families you made at CAS, no ALL sims of same stage have birthday at same day.

Unfortunatelly, fix it for multiples without remove new system, should need adapt our syms to it and also the game!

Internally (at RAM) for each multiple birth, generate n+1 objects, where that 1 would be a list than has

its own sim ID
    sim 1 ID
    sim 2 ID
    sim 3 ID
    sim 4 ID
    sim 5 ID

(yes, sims could have until five babies per pregnancy)

Also, and that would be the bigger change, each sim (single or multiple birth) have a new field at their internal info, a second ID than for singles would be 0 (zero) and for multiples (all of same birth) would be the sim ID of the new object than is created with they.

Now it fix the birthday for multiples, and even allow than you age up all they with only 1 birthday cake!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I'm not really happy about this change. If a sims is younger than another sim, it should stay that way. You shouldn't be able to 'catch up' on aging. I'll need to use the cake to age up some sims early from now, I suppose.

What really bothers me about this 'feature' is the lack of communication. I think a change like this should be mentioned in patch notes. What's the point of patch notes if you leave out changes to basic game behaviour. I'm glad I found this post, thanks for letting us know.

I agree with everything here.

Especially the stupidity that a younger sim can age up before an older one.

There was already an issue with this via pregnancy, in that pregnant Sims do not age up. So two teens who age up to young adult the same day, one male and one female, will get out of sync if the girl gets pregnant. I assume this was done for technical reasons but it was already a bit strange.

Now add this to it, and with pregnancy plus randomness you could have same-aged sims getting out of sync by a week or more. Wow, that is just very off.

I agree. If a pregnant Sim didn't age up while pregnant, then it stands to reason this doesn't happen in RL. Were it the case, I'd have to be six years younger than I am. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Im having twins in my household and their bday is NOT the same anymore, very annoying. Could they not have thought about that?? Seriously? Are we just lab mouses for them to try every new change on? As if this is the first version of the game. Guys write your things down and keep it together.

I will however age my twins up, cause the long life spawn is just too much for me now and im done playing with my current generation, so i need to kids to grow up already. I will let them grow up on the same day, but that wont probably let them have the same birthday again.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    So I have a question about the new aging system. I just got seasons a week ago so I’m still playing around with it. My question is do ages change randomly? I have a young adult sim and her birthday keeps changing. It was on love day then it moved a few days forward for some reason then when she got pregnant it changed again. I’m going to age her up after the baby anyway since her hubby is an adult but I’m concerned this is a bug that for some reason only she has. Or it has to do with sims getting pregnant. She’s had another kid since seasons so that may have been the original jump. Either way this is odd. Help?
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    So I have a question about the new aging system. I just got seasons a week ago so I’m still playing around with it. My question is do ages change randomly? I have a young adult sim and her birthday keeps changing. It was on love day then it moved a few days forward for some reason then when she got pregnant it changed again. I’m going to age her up after the baby anyway since her hubby is an adult but I’m concerned this is a bug that for some reason only she has. Or it has to do with sims getting pregnant. She’s had another kid since seasons so that may have been the original jump. Either way this is odd. Help?

Sims do not age when pregnant, so that’s why her birthday kept moving. The only way around this is to use mods, or simply take note of birthdays before starting a family and age up the original day with the cake.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

Sims do not age when pregnant, so that’s why her birthday kept moving. The only way around this is to use mods, or simply take note of birthdays before starting a family and age up the original day with the cake.

Thank you! I couldn’t remember if this was a thing or not since I hadn’t played in a while until recently. I was hoping it was intentional so that’s good to know.
  • Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    How long is the lifespan for the different ages now? Short, normal and long? And does anyone know if there is any plans to make us costumed ages and seasons like in the sims 3?
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    I still prefer the way we could set aging up in TS3.
    I haven't noticed this change as I've been aging each life stage up as I have it set in TS3, but I agree with what's been said that it's not good if you have twins aging up separately or younger kids aging up before their siblings. I think I'll stick to my method.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    I haven't noticed this change as I've been aging each life stage up as I have it set in TS3, but I agree with what's been said that it's not good if you have twins aging up separately or younger kids aging up before their siblings. I think I'll stick to my method.

Agree - I loved epic aging and long in Sims 4 is too short for me - so I control aging myself and more or less do it as close to epic aging as I can get. When my sims reach certain goals and such they get a birthday - more or less.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »

Agree - I loved epic aging and long in Sims 4 is too short for me - so I control aging myself and more or less do it as close to epic aging as I can get. When my sims reach certain goals and such they get a birthday - more or less.

I do the opposite! I shorten their lives to get on with the next generation. Harsh!
    BUT, I do have a girl scout in TS4 now who I will leave to age as she should as I want her to succeed in the scouts.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    This explains a lot! I think it is okay this way. Kind of mimics the amount of time we are in stages in real life.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I like it theory, but in gameply I find it a bit annoying. And that's only because I always, no matter what, what the young adult stage to be as long as possible so that I can fully enjoy the zenith of their lives. 22 days is too short! Mostly I miss the slider adjustments for aging from Sims 3. But none of these things are a huge issue for me, because I can bake a cake whenever I want to age someone up. So there's still an element of customization, and I can turn aging off again until everyone is ready 😊 the best part is being able to control the rest of the town's aging/played/nonplayed households.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I hope it's a bug, because I don't like this change.

Why change it all all? There already was three options for ages that worked fine.