Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you rate Seasons?

I would love to know how simmers are enjoying (or not) Seasons and if it was what they expected.
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

How would you rate Seasons? 218 votes

Amazing! Even better than anticipated. Best.Pack.Ever.
23%
tams2578IceyJWritin_Regmcruddjcs7219happysimmer2007simgirl1010Ceres_Meirionasimfriend1968Lilsim1013kimieswildrosesTanja1986TreebrookeiliekponiezZeldaboy180itsugMeegie1977ShaddBoisimmer4life3ParmaViolet87 51 votes
Really good, I am thoroughly enjoying it
59%
Bluegayleauroraael14CK213bshag4lvJeanbrackencat31JaiSeaKita5399IcewolfLaBlue0314PinkPaws66jeepjeepcatalan650111SimmervillejeLlyBeAn1573AlexaiHowGreatThouArtstarrling33Angel_mixdanacnbrett 130 votes
It's alright but it could/should have been better
13%
cameronw209Goldmoldarrudy8292Kamb64sillehbeeColorist40overonAlrynnSusanaLeoteshellbemetegteg87fadingaudiocandy8Beardedgeekirishluck1986RamblineRoseAlbaWaterhousehmae123SavvySimmiePepseyrules 30 votes
Meh...it is missing features I think are very important and/or it has features that are poorly executed
1%
06Bon06NZsimm3rRnM92BelongtoLCMS 4 votes
It's bad. I want my money back!
1%
Bagoas77latasiamJennascott 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I was debating between this one and "Meh...it is missing features I think are very important and/or it has features that are poorly executed" but ultimately I decided to go for a more accepting choice.
    It could and should have been better but I am still having a fair amount of fun with it. Although a lot is missing or lacking in my opinion.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I chose "It's alright" for me, I would have chosen number 2 if Sims 3 Season did not play into it or never existed. Some base their decision on what they experienced before and want the realism of effects and that is what I look for especially if the product is professed to be better than the last version.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    So far more people voted for option 3 than for option 1 which surprises me based on the overexcited comments I have been reading since it launched.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I love it. It has made the game come completely alive for me, and had breathed new life into my other dlc!
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Would've probably chosen amazing, but the bugs and the lack of snow depth, hail, and various details pulled it down.
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    I like it.
    I especially love the addition of the calendar and the ability to plan events with set days and times in advance.
    Would have loved to have something like this for Sims 3 already (IIRC I even suggested it for Sims 3 once)
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I really like it, I think it will be amazing once the bugs are patched and modders get creative with it.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I was stuck between the first two options. Hmm. It is not perfect but it is by far it is the best expansion for the Sims 4. Yes there are bugs, but mine are not entirely game breaking (although a bit freaky, especially with my teen sim crawling down the stairs like a toddler). Yeah the calendar is bugged and the snowball/water balloon fights get me annoyed and anxious, but I can say it's made me get right back into the Sims again. I'm optimistic the bugs will be patched.

I'd give it a solid thumbs up.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I haven't made it through all the seasons yet, but so far it's working for me. I love that the build items all have matching swatches and I also love the styles. The buy items are pretty good.

I am enjoying game play a lot more than I expected to. I was unsure about the calendar feature, but so far that's working out quite well and I love, love that you can PLAN things like birthdays and weddings.

The level of detail is really quite nice. I love how breath becomes visible once it's cold and that the windowpanes frost over. So far I'm enjoying this more than Cats & Dogs and I really loved that pack.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I missed one: "Not really interesting". As I said in another thread, no features of this pack is really interesting to me. It's just the aestetics of weather that's interesting to me. It holds nothing even remotely as interesting as City Living or Get Together, as far as I am concerned.

On top of this, several features are badly enough documented that I had to resort to googling or Wiki to figure them out (what IS the use of the thermostat? HOW do I get my sims to use an umbrella? Is there any way to get non-playing sims to use a skating rink?)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I haven't had a change to really dive into it yet but once I have I will vote. But so far I like it.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I've now played 3 versions of Seasons and this is by far my favorite. It's just fun and whimsical. I've always loved the aesthetics in the game but now with the seasonal changes it's just breathtakingly gorgeous.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    I was debating between this one and "Meh...it is missing features I think are very important and/or it has features that are poorly executed" but ultimately I decided to go for a more accepting choice.
    It could and should have been better but I am still having a fair amount of fun with it. Although a lot is missing or lacking in my opinion.

It could have been executed better. My game is full of bugs :|
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    I missed one: "Not really interesting". As I said in another thread, no features of this pack is really interesting to me. It's just the aestetics of weather that's interesting to me. It holds nothing even remotely as interesting as City Living or Get Together, as far as I am concerned.

On top of this, several features are badly enough documented that I had to resort to googling or Wiki to figure them out (what IS the use of the thermostat? HOW do I get my sims to use an umbrella? Is there any way to get non-playing sims to use a skating rink?)

The use of the thermostat is to give your Sims a happy buff and increase your bills. That's it afaik.

To use an umbrella buy the umbrella stand in build mode click it and have your Sim choose an umbrella. If you have done this and it doesn't work it's very likely a mod is conflicting with it, I had this problem and it was caused by Littlemssam's Pregnancy Overhaul Mod.

I don't think NPC's use the skating rinks, I also hate that no one is using it.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I didn't choose amazing because though I have really enjoyed all the Sims the only time I was really "amazed" was the jump to Sims 2 and got to see our sims really come alive by generation. I swear I had tears in my eyes when the first sim baby was "born".
    Could be an age thing. :smiley: I am really enjoying this ep.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited June 2018
    I am really enjoying this pack, even far more than any of the other expansions. I'll list the positives, neutrals and negatives below:

Positives:

-the weather effects are just really well done, they look realistic and what's great is that they're gradual (e.g. rainstorms gradually getting worse, leaves changing color then falling off.) I know there was some controversy about the snow, but I think it looks really good the way it is now, with the sparkles, footprints, texture.
    - holidays - so much fun to make your own, and the celebrations feel realistic. I love that you can customize traditions and decorate.
    - -love the new radio stations and carols. They really put me in the holiday spirit.
    - the calendar is great, so much fun to see the events and sims' birthdays - they actually have birthday days now e.g. fall day 5.
    - decorations are so much fun to put up and I like you can change their pattern for different seasons.
    - -gardening is much easier now, plants change with the seasons,
    - -the humor. This one is a big one. I felt that many of the past packs have been missing that quirky Sims humor. It is back with fun things like the scarecrow, gnomes, bees, that don't feel that they're trying too hard to be funny. (For example, the talking toilet.) That is what I've been looking for.
    - flower arranging is fun, haven't experienced much of it yet.
    - new objects are great.

Neutral:
    -not a big fan of some of the hairstyles, they are just ok
    -snow depth: although I like the way it looks now, snow depth would've been cool.

Negatives:
    -we need more traditions, some of them get repetitive fast!
    -we need the ability to change seasons in the world map
    - scouts were a fun idea but it just feels like a grind, doing the same task the requisite number of times.
    - some animations are missing, e.g. for egg hunting the Sim just stands there and "swipes" the egg. That really broke the immersion
    -i wish there was a raingear category, you have to pick between that and a coat.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think it's pretty good. I've had it since release day and have been playing very day and still discovering new things. It's breaking me out of the habit of doing the same things and now I'm trying new stuff out.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    If I had rated it right away after playing I’d have given it a higher vote, but now that I’ve been playing awhile I’ve come across a few issues that really dampened my fun. I do adore so many things about the pack and don’t like to point out negatives without positives so I’ll start there.

Love love love

The holidays
    The beautiful worlds
    The gardening overhaul
    The glass roofs
    The flower arranging skill
    The bee keeping
    The little detail of being able to make Bee tea with honey
    The new grand meals
    The new seasonal food stands
    The skating
    Gift giving
    The gnomes that can come to life
    The new npc’s - patchy, father winter and the bunny.
    How the weather transitions
    The way the weather varies from world to world

Okay so on to the cons

The biggest one is the outfit system - I don’t like that sims wear their winter wear inside even if the house is warm.
    I don’t like that sims can die in large numbers if they decide to go jogging or to the gym.
    Sims at festivals also often aren’t wearing their correct cold outfit and turn blue and die.

I do like that sims can overheat or freeze- I don’t like that it’s a major overkill here (excuse the pun)
    I really, really, wish we could’ve had an outerwear for each category.

Next con is the gardening career.
    I love the career... however since they decided not to put a new world into seasons, there are no npc’s in that career. Which means my sim is literally the only gardener in town. I was hoping she’d have coworkers!

The traditions for holidays - I thought pretty much every activity in the game could be a tradition. Not the case. Sort of a bummer I can’t have my sims watch movies in their PJ’s on winterfest day. Or have an ice cream social holiday in mid summer where they eat ice cream and roller skate.

Father winter can be seen all over town just hanging out and stuff, kinda takes away the magic of him.

When doing a holiday with the grand meal all the guests don’t sit down togethar and eat the meal.

That’s really about it. The clothing thing is my biggest complaint. If that was better I’d have rated it the best pack ever despite the other cons.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I was super excited for this and hoped I wouldn't be disappointed. And I wasn't. I love it even more than I thought I would :)

It's unfortunate not everyone feels that way but I guess that's unavoidable :/
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Even if I would like to see rain effect, hail and snow depth.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited June 2018
    Somebody upstream mentioned raingear.
    Yeah. I don't get some of the clothes choices:

If you look at styles, heavy raingear is listed as "every day". Did they plan a separate rain category and ditched it?
    Cold clothes don't make sense either. it bundles together everything from slightly chilly spring, to late fall, to heavy winter. You can have one Sim dressed like the Michelin Man and another in an open leather jacket and a thin long-sleeve t-shirt and both are equally protected???
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited June 2018
    Really good!!
    I Love :
    -The attention to details and the visuals, the worlds are so beautiful !!
    -The holidays and traditions,
    -The decorating system
    -The weather
    -The CAS and Build/Buy modes stuff
    - Beekeeping
    - Flower arrangements

BUT

- It's missing activities. There isn't that much to do during each season (especially summer and spring).
    - I was disappointed that there is no pool parties or new pool items (except the kiddie pool).
    - There could have been more new interactions
    - The bills are sky high with the thermostat !!
    - I miss the pumpkins as a harvestable and making Pumpkin Pies (yes, I like them, even though I'm from France and they taste very spicy for me aha)
    - Some buy/build mode items are recycled from other packs, like the halloween decorations are the ones from Spooky Stuff in a different color (speaking of, if you don't have Spooky Stuff I really wonder what you can do for Halloween....).
    - The new cold and hot weather clothes add a LOT more laundry to do if you have Laundry Day!!
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    vikixc wrote: »

The use of the thermostat is to give your Sims a happy buff and increase your bills. That's it afaik.

To use an umbrella buy the umbrella stand in build mode click it and have your Sim choose an umbrella. If you have done this and it doesn't work it's very likely a mod is conflicting with it, I had this problem and it was caused by Littlemssam's Pregnancy Overhaul Mod.

I've seen NPC Sims use the skating rinks a couple times.
  • Options

I haven't seen any
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    edited June 2018

I haven't seen any

I guess it's rare then.