Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Seasons stream

Comments

• Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Did anyone hear something about new traits and aspirations? I thought I heard "5 new traits", but I'm not sure and don't know if they would mean the ones from the reward store or actually new ones in CAS.

Not from cas. They are from the reward store
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Well, I have the say that the biggest disappointment is that we have to wait another week! :D Everything looks good! I really love the stormy weather and the winter.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Ahh I sooooo want to play already <3
  • Options
    erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    Did anyone else notice the Air Grievances tradition when they were making their own holidays? I'm so happy they put in that reference.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm impressed with the level of detail in this pack!
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    Ok I'll try @BabySquare :)

Thank you :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    Your question has been answered @BabySquare it's just 1, 2 or 4 weeks

I saw. Thank you for asking it. :) I noticed not many questions got answered. I wonder why 3 weeks isn't an option. Now to decide between 2 and 4.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    YAHHHHH! Came in late and only got the last 40 mins or so but can't wait to start it from the beginning it looks totally frickin' awesome!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    where can I watch it from the beginning please
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Oh for the love of all that is holy...seasons is right around the corner and that live stream just went and made it seem like we're waiting for November lol. I need everything yesterday and right now it looks so good.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I love everything about seasons but those glass roofs! Does it mean, you can make flat glass roof = glass floor???? I CAN'T WAIT!
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Lilia1971 wrote: »
    where can I watch it from the beginning please

Usually you can rewatch it at their Twitch Channel. Otherwise someone will probably upload it on Youtube soon enough, just use the search function on Youtube in that case.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Patchy the Strawman, has a heart that's made of straw...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    soko37 wrote: »
    When they said we could sell our produce, I thought they meant like sell what we grow at a store or market, not with a sell all button. You could also sell that way by clicking and dragging from inventory. I Wil never use that instant sell option. I was most excited about the farming because my farmer family has been unable to sell anything at their grocery store for two years cause of the broken lice refrigerator they never fixed. Hopefully there is more to selling the produce than that.

The rest looks great. Besides the gardening, it looks like a very detailed EP.

That fridge was fixed by the way in one of the patches.

To others asking - you can re-watch on twitch or go to Sims VIP and watch it there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Did anyone hear something about new traits and aspirations? I thought I heard "5 new traits", but I'm not sure and don't know if they would mean the ones from the reward store or actually new ones in CAS.

Not from cas. They are from the reward store

So no new real traits?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Whew!! What a terrific Live Stream that was to watch. All the gurus were having a great time and their excitement was very contagious. There is so much to do for all the age groups. And all the assets!! OMG. Everything looks amazing! Seasons will definitely become my favorite EP for Sims4 very quickly, and I cannot wait to play it. The gurus who worked so hard to create this EP deserve our sincere thanks for bringing us an EP that is full of content and new gameplay options. Having seasons was going to be awesome but they took that even further with the glass roofs, new gardening options, bees, gift giving, new career, a simple method for choosing hot and cold clothing options, new CAS clothing and hair items, a ton of decor and furnishings.....the list is long and clearly exceeded my expectations. The 22nd can't come soon enough!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2018
    I really enjoyed the livestream and wasn't bored at all, sometimes wanting more time on things I was particularly interested in. Loved the Sims slipping in the snow. (Trust them to add fighting Father Winter for presents too). The glass roofs are very well done and a good idea just to add them as patterns for roof types. Loved the gardening and bee interactions. Beautiful new clothes choices.

They didn't show any floor or wall patterns and the windows looked a bit like those from C & D but they didn't show them on the walls so not much for builders otherwise it seems.

I'm looking forward to seeing the use of seasons and objects in the other pack worlds as well. I'm glad I've invested in a gaming laptop, Having all the packs I think I am going to need it!

I could do with their instant fulfilling of needs though. Anybody modded it?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2018
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the livestreams usually go on for? I missed a lot of it and want to watch from the start, the wait is killing me. :weary:

It was well over two hours. Nearly two and a half and they were rushing it at the end. Lots of stuff.

SimsVIP usually has it saved for watching later.
  • Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I love the sound of the thunderstorm and all the little details..
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Simburian Yes, there is a mod at MTS that is called the UIExtension cheat that I have been using since it was released. It allows you to do everything, and more, the gurus were doing in the Live Stream. It allows players to alter many different things so the game is less stressful. I couldn't, or wouldn't, enjoy the game without it. And it is updated very quickly after patches and adding packs. It is also very easy to use.
  • Options
    MegansleiaMegansleia Posts: 259 Member
    It was really good!! I am so excited now!!!!
  • Options
    RubyDooRubyDoo Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2018
    I haven’t been able to watch the stream since I’m at work but did they show if couples can twirl together on the ice?
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Here are some pictures from the stream of CAS and Build/Buy Mode.

Woman hair and clothes
    eVhttFq.png
    sqitA6O.png
    Q6U1gyn.png

Men hair and clothes
    HxhePC5.png
    LnQVGbU.png

Girl and Boy hair and clothes
    zFtCKSY.png
    rqCGf9h.png
    naSdGul.png
    d7IUOQY.png
    uhDMxin.png

Toddler boy and girl's hair and clothes
    rpHdnc5.png
    wEF3YvW.png
    umidP4S.png
    yPOvnNs.png
    ddF8REP.png

Build and buy mode
    hC3d1G4.png
    lqYgBoH.png
    ENGxhk5.png
    Qn5Lobr.png
    RtAg1lr.png
    bDUG1dr.png

Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I still don't really understand the hot weather outfit category. It's such wasted potential in my opinion. It'd be so much better to have category for 'mediocre weather' (so rain clothes, some warmer sweaters etc.), and then cold category for typical winter outwear. I'm pretty disappointed with that (but on the good side, it's probably the only really negative thing I see so far).