Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Seasons stream

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I love winter <3 it is just wonderful!

Agreed!!!
  • goldann25goldann25 Posts: 37 Member
    How are festivals handled on the calendar?
    goldann25 wrote: »

I think they've confirmed on Twitter that they will not be added, but I'd have to look this up :)
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    goldann25 wrote: »

I think they've confirmed on Twitter that they will not be added, but I'd have to look this up :)
    That's correct. They're supposed to be "surprises" iirc.
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I'm loving the pile of presents x)
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Will all teen sims dislike dinner as a tradition? :|

I sure hope not, that would make a lot of family players disappointed, if they couldn't do a proper family meal during holidays.

Yeah I wondered that too, but I think we'll at least be able to force participation they just might not do it on their own (?) at least I hope so.

I sure hope not, that would make a lot of family players disappointed, if they couldn't do a proper family meal during holidays.

Yeah I wondered that too, but I think we'll at least be able to force participation they just might not do it on their own (?) at least I hope so.

I think they can participate anyway, it just won't give them the points to buy special rewards
    loutredor wrote: »

I think they can participate anyway, it just won't give them the points to buy special rewards

Yeah I wonder if we will be able to change sim's traditions by forcing participation and they'll overtime "observe" them or stop ignoring them?
  • Elliee1984Elliee1984 Posts: 302 Member
    LOVE the decoration of the christmas tree!
    Yeees @Elliee1984 it looks so cute :D

But winter <3
    9Rjmjp7.png
    Did anyone hear something about new traits and aspirations? I thought I heard "5 new traits", but I'm not sure and don't know if they would mean the ones from the reward store or actually new ones in CAS.
    umbrellas! I'm glad it's back!
    So cool!
    qDPIYYR.png
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    Did anyone hear something about new traits and aspirations? I thought I heard "5 new traits", but I'm not sure and don't know if they would mean the ones from the reward store or actually new ones in CAS.

They're not in CAS, they're the reward traits.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
    I like the changes to gardening so far. Making it less time consuming has been a much needed thing.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh.... finally gardening!! Weed all sounds really really nifty. I always have one sim in my household that is into plants.

lol at the "Show me the money" for selling all the things at once.
    From the stream about gardening:

- If plants are under a roof they're considered "sheltered" and will grow even out of season.
    - With higher levels of gardening you can tend to bigger areas of plants at once (like watering and getting rid of weeds will affect multiple plants).
    - There's a new "Super Sell" option which harvests and sells harvestables at once (the area of affect with higher levels affects this option too, so the higher your level the more harvestables you can harvest and sell at once).
    - Only five levels of evolution (you can hover and see them) and it's an immediate action.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    There's a new option for ambrosia, embedded in a plant called 'Midnight Paradise', made from Begonias and other plants, using Flower Arranging.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    is ea ever bring back the collectables like Easter eggs and Halloween sugar thingies so I can go back to collecting. there has to be a way convert those collectables into seasons. so no one has to turn on a switch for it. I miss the ability to collect stuff
    ^ i swear I saw eggs on Spring in a picture.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    When they said we could sell our produce, I thought they meant like sell what we grow at a store or market, not with a sell all button. You could also sell that way by clicking and dragging from inventory. I Wil never use that instant sell option. I was most excited about the farming because my farmer family has been unable to sell anything at their grocery store for two years cause of the broken lice refrigerator they never fixed. Hopefully there is more to selling the produce than that.

The rest looks great. Besides the gardening, it looks like a very detailed EP.
    Well you can't please everyone. I personally looove the new gardening options and reworks, imo it's much better this way. The Sims 4 Seasons is shaping up to be not only one of the most fun, but also one of the most organized EPs I've seen.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Anyone know how long the livestreams usually go on for? I missed a lot of it and want to watch from the start, the wait is killing me. :weary:
    Normally one to two hours tops.
    This time they decided to go on longer because they wanted to cover SO much stuff.
    New beds! Finally!!