May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official- No snow depth

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I don't know, of course I would have liked to have snow depth, but it really isn't that big of a deal to me. I would rather have no snow depth than snow depth that looks like that awful ball pit. I would also much rather have my game running smooth than snow depth. I'm still very, very excited about seasons.

Also, it might be quite nice for practical reason. I mean, if you lost something in the snow in the sims 3, it was gone until spring. Not saying that this makes up for it, just trying to see it from the bright side. I'm getting the pack and some missing snow depth is honestly not making me less excited.

Actually, the cursor would highlight things under the snow and if you couldn't find it then build mode removed the snow ^^ Just a tip if you ever play sims 3 again.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Like I said in the other thread I don't think it's an excuse I think it's an answer to something simmer were worried about. It's better that they say "No there will be no snow depth." then just saying nothing and sweeping it under the rug. I'm pretty disappointed I won't lie but it's less of a blow knowing it's coming then getting my hopes up. I know some people think they just didn't want to do it and that's fine I just dont agree with you. I will say that the sims community is really weird about knowing what they want. Do they want the gurus to be honest with an answer? Or do they just want no answer at all and have problems swept under a rug?
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    No big deal to me. I'm getting a thermostat and holiday customization this time around.

What if the holiday customization isn't all it is being hypes up to be? Would you consider it good if it is exactly like the Group feature from GT?
    Just curious, personally I don'y like the group feature and I don't see the holiday feature pushing me to buy on release day.
    What if holiday customization is the greatest thing ever? Come on now, you've just got to let people have their opinions.

I am. I was just really curious about how you'd feel if that feature isn't as great as it is hyped to be. I mean if it mind blowing awesome I might change my mind
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    What if the holiday customization isn't all it is being hypes up to be? Would you consider it good if it is exactly like the Group feature from GT?
    Just curious, personally I don'y like the group feature and I don't see the holiday feature pushing me to buy on release day.

There look to be a lot of other features in the game that look really cool. The thermostat, different seasonal clothes, gift giving, the different seasonal changes, the gardening career. I don't think they're only "hyping" holidays.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,088 Member
    Bummer :/
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No big deal to me. I'm getting a thermostat and holiday customization this time around.

What if holiday customization is the greatest thing ever? Come on now, you've just got to let people have their opinions.

I am. I was just really curious about how you'd feel if that feature isn't as great as it is hyped to be. I mean if it mind blowing awesome I might change my mind
    I'd be fine with it. But, I don't feel that your hypothetical is likely nor particularly relevant.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I & a lot of simmers need depth snow. Add it please, even if it's after 1 year but we need it, otherwise it just doesn't feel like winter... We're in 2018 so I cannot understand how a game can't have depth snow. I know that a lot of Gurus are in this forum and there is probably one who is reading this now, so please talk with your boss or I don't know who but do something...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    ichchen wrote: »
    Irdiwen wrote: »

Grant actually stated they wanted to be open on this, so that’s not fair.
    That being said, I’m also disappointed there won’t be any deep snow, especially as the reason that it would be ‘sub par’ could mean anything. I’m no game designer, so I don’t know how sub par would look.

Well... I am sorry, but I cannot really believe that anymore. They always say something like this. If they would have been honest about it, why haven´t they been right from the start?

But I don´t think that they care and therefore a discussion about it seems useles.

Have a good day.

There’s no need to snub me if I say something you don’t like. And for me, this is pretty much ‘right from the start’. It’s not if the EP is here already, they just released the trailer.

I understand your disappointment, I just don’t share your outlook.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    bixters wrote: »

There look to be a lot of other features in the game that look really cool. The thermostat, different seasonal clothes, gift giving, the different seasonal changes, the gardening career. I don't think they're only "hyping" holidays.

I was surprised they even managed to shove a new career in the EP at all; I was thinking we'd only get just Seasons. Not to mention they still haven't gone into new skills, traits, aspirations, other new gameplay, and all the CAS/BB assets which are the real highlight of my hopes.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

But to me,the question is if these features are done well. Many times they list all these things that sound great on paper and are boring in game. One thing I'm actually excited about is Santa and the weed sucker. Thermostat sounds fun enough. Gift giving we have in sims 3 so I hope they improved it to where we can give gift to specific sims. Which seasonal changes?
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,332 Member
    As I expected, thanks EA for killing my hype and disappoint us again as usual..
    Imagine strong snowstorm in game and the ground is only a white blanket like a grass recolor
    I'm not sure if I'll get this EP I want to fully experince winter
    And I don't care for holidays this supposed to be about weather I don't like EA shifting to other minor things to drag our attention away from important stuff
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    Would snow depth have been cool, yes. Is it a deal breaker for me, no. They have stated several times that this version is a new game. If you were to view it from this perspective would you even know that it was missing? No. I enjoy this iteration, and I believe that winter and the lack of snow depth looks stunning! Comparing it to 2 or 3 is like comparing the Sims to Virtual Families. They are similar, but they are completely different games.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    It's official, I probably won't get the pack. The flat snow is too jarring to watch, so it's a deal breaker for me, like a real big deal breaker.
    For shame EA. I have no warm feelings towards Grant right now, lets just say. I feel the devs just pulled the rug from under me. I'm really sad. :'(

It makes me really sad that so many simmers feel this way. I totally understand how it might be a deal breaker for some. I don’t care AS MUCH provided the game play and immersive experience is good. But I will need to wait to see that that’s the case.
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »
    As I expected, thanks EA for killing my hype and disappoint us again as usual..
    Imagine strong snowstorm in game and the ground is only a white blanket like a grass recolor
    I'm not sure if I'll get this EP I want to fully experince winter
    And I don't care for holidays this supposed to be about weather I don't like EA shifting to other minor things to drag our attention away from important stuff

True, the rest of the pack is supposed to be extra features. You don't take away from Seasonal weather.

You just reminded me that they say there are blizzards :/

• Options
    Another question, How do you feel about some objects not having snow? And if any wants to ask a guru, could you ask if CC will be covered in snow?
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Another question, How do you feel about some objects not having snow? And if any wants to ask a guru, could you ask if CC will be covered in snow?

I think it's just another prime example of them not putting enough effort and work in it.

This EP is releasing 5/6 months earlier than normal, so I don't know why they are in such a rush to be honest. If it was me, I would have waited until November to bring an expansion that has both, snow depth and proper snow on objects.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    It's a bummer, but I'm happy the cat is out of the bag now.
    I'd take immersive gameplay over deep snow any day. This is shaping up to be the best Seasons expansion imo.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Also something that just makes up the lack of snow dept *at least for me* is that Santa is actually coming back! He was on top of my list for what I wanted for seasons. I remember seeing him in the sims 2 so I'm glad they finally brought him back! Plus they made him more European Santa which is something really nice to see!
  • Options
    ichchenichchen Posts: 84 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

There’s no need to snub me if I say something you don’t like. And for me, this is pretty much ‘right from the start’. It’s not if the EP is here already, they just released the trailer.

I understand your disappointment, I just don’t share your outlook.

I am sorry, it wasn´t my intention to "snub" you. I actually don´t even know why you think I did that...

Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I think it's just another prime example of them not putting enough effort and work in it.

This EP is releasing 5/6 months earlier than normal, so I don't know why they are in such a rush to be honest. If it was me, I would have waited until November to bring an expansion that has both, snow depth and proper snow on objects.

Agreed, I would rather them leave this pack till November if it meant it had proper snow.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    That's just a poor rushed work like everytime. That's the definition of TS4. Finally I don't know if I'll get this EP.
    Lu4ERme.gif