Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snow Accumulation In Seasons: How Important Is It To You?

Comments

• Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I don't really care. It looks fine in the trailer.
    I hope I feel the same when I actually see it in my own game.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited May 2018
    What's the point of a weather based pack, if you're not going to do snow correctly?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    idk why people care so much about the snow, it looks great in my opinion. AND ALSOOOO maybe there are stages we haven't seen in the trailer yet.

-Yarden.
  • Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    I'm an adult who have other things to worry about than snow in a video game so I'd say its not very important to me, I'm just excited for new features
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yardenro wrote: »
    idk why people care so much about the snow, it looks great in my opinion. AND ALSOOOO maybe there are stages we haven't seen in the trailer yet.

Because folks here uses different types of computer systems and an system should be able to maximize an feature if the specs warrants it. If I am using an powerful CPU and GPU combined I technically should get an better result that someone using an low level CPU and GPU and in this game I would not. I am getting the pack but that does not mean I should be jumping for joy for it and while it may look good for you cannot say the same for others we all have different tastes. The one reason I am getting this pack, I am tired of endless summers. Now looking to the future if Sims 5 provided there is one turns out to be like Sims 4 I will not be buying it. EA/Maxis needs to allow this program to scale up and scale down for one style just does not work.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,284 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »

Hey guys, let's try to keep to discussing our own viewpoints without judging or casting aspersions on other simmers for their perspective.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 254 Member
    I picked moderate. I want the roofs to gather snow because I think it helps the illusion that it's been snowing heavily. I would also hope that heaver snow on roofs wouldn't hit performance much since nothing interacts with it. The ground doesn't matter as much to me since they have the snow 'bank' up slightly onto outdoor objects (from what I could see in the trailer) which is what a personally needed to not feel like the ground was just painted white.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 894 Member
    I picked slightly important. Where I live winter does not equate snow. We rarely see it here, maybe 2 to 3 times a year. It is nice to have in game, and more depth would look better, but it is not so important that it will take any enjoyment from the game for me.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited May 2018
    Chose not at all important because the trailer picture showed snow deep enough for me. I've lived my whole life with way too much snow so as long as there's enough to make a snowman I'd be happy. And I doubt highly that the game won't give me that.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Everything looks wonderful in the trailer to me so far. I'm excited for the pack. I do want good performance and want to keep playing on Ultra without having to buy a new computer to do so... so if this is "flat" snow I am good with it. If there is some elevation I'm good with that too. If it makes my game lag or glitch like City Living does now and then .. then I'll be disappointed.... especially since I can't get away from Seasons in the game in the same manner as not using one area frequently. I'll only have the option to reduce how my game looks overall ... doable sure but not what I want.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2018
    I chose moderate. I didn't notice the lack of depth in the trailer, and didn't really care at first when folks starting mentioning it, but coming from a place where it very rarely snows and never accumulates, I realized I'd really like to see slightly buried feet as opposed to feeling like a flat surface, even if they don't go deeper than that. Definitely not a dealbreaker (I look forward to rain more than anything!), but I'd prefer depth to no depth. Can't wait to see future trailers, though, as I did see one pic where it didn't look entirely flat under sims' shoes. SO excited for this pack.

Edit: In thinking more on it, my ideal would be the possibility of deep snow. Would be awesome to have trouble leaving the sims house due to a blizzard/being snowed in, but I understand there are likely solid reasons they chose not to do that, whether budget, time constraint, computer load, etc. I'm sure this was heavily discussed/considered by the team and not an "oversight" or "they'll never notice". They know we notice EVERYTHING. ha.
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Extremely important it's a Seasons Pack it has to have the fundamentals of the Seasons, so it should have snow accumulation not look like a crop duster sprayed white paint everywhere
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    It'd be nice but I don't ultimately care. Not to mention, we literally saw maybe 2 minutes of footage. They likely left a lot out so they can reveal features as they go. Maybe they left out deeper snow because they don't want to show you what a blizzard looks like when it snows so bad Sims families get stuck in their house. No idea. They just released a blog post on spring/summer, I think? They'll trickle information out and we'll see where it goes. As of this moment, we literally do not actually know the extent of things.

And if in the end it's flat? I still don't care. I think it looks great based on what little we've seen so far. Seasons will make the game feel more alive for me, and however it ends up snowing for the Sims, I'm good.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Not a huge deal for me. At least not at the expense of a smooth running game. As long as there are different rates of snowfall, I'm happy...
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2018
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Extremely important.

I can't imagine being immersed in a harsh snowstorm and seeing the same depth of snow as a light sprinkle of snow. It'd come off as very fake. For a pack that stays in development for years and rakes in the most profit, harsh weather effects of all types is simply a must.

This. It will be harder to become engrossed in the fantasy of a blizzard if the ground is only covered with a half-inch of snow and most of the outdoor objects have no snow on them, at all.

I'm really, really hoping that we haven't seen everything where snowfall is concerned. However, due to TS4's track record, I'm not feeling encouraged.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I picked not at all because it’s not going to effect my gameplay in any way. I use seasons for the activities and holidays to help my storytelling.
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Not at all since i hadnt even noticed it in the trailer :| I honestly dont even pay attention to the snow while playing Sims 3 and most times just play with it off. But then again maybe snow isnt very important to me since ive lived in California my whole life. Its not something that i equate with winter/Christmas time
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I don't care. I just want my pets to play in it.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    While the lack of depth is a bit disappointing (so I chose moderately important), I'm more worried about the texture. So far it looks like someone used the white paint bucket tool on the ground and roofs. If the snow won't actually accumulate, it could at least have some visual depth to it.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    CheezirationCheeziration Posts: 100 Member
    Honestly, I didn't even notice (but then again, I haven't lived in a place that got more than a couple inches since I was a baby). I guess I'd rather have deeper snow than not, but it's not a big deal to me.
    vmBGbsG.png
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I really don't pay that much attention to detail, to me it doesn't matter at all, it looks good either way and a great addition to a good game. That's all it is at the end of the day; a game. I don't expect complete realism in any game!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I picked moderately. I would love snow depth - it would be a great experience to have my Sims trudge through the kind of deep snow that I grew up with. However, there's a lot more to weather than deep snow, and a good all-round weather experience is more important to me than any one part of it.

My thoughts exactly, expressed in words more eloquent than my own. :)
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I want it, but it's not a deal breaker. There is already so many things in this pack I enjoy that I'll be buying it regardless of the snow accumulation. I just hope they make it look "decent" enough that winter looks okay.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m amazed at the amount of people that are okay with it, as this seems opposite from all the complaints I read . Not judging nor complaining, just an oberservation that this went differently from what I expected.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    @OneAdorkableGirl I know this is off topic, but if you don't mind where did you get that hair from your avatar? It's so lovely!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top