Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snow Accumulation In Seasons: How Important Is It To You?

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,975 Member
edited March 6 in Nominated Threads
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    Extremely.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I picked moderately. Yes it would look nice, but it isn't enough for me to say the whole pack is a failure.

Honestly the only dlc for sims 4 I've been disappointed with so far is MFPS and that picture frame. I've loved prettymuch everything else.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I want it done right or not done at all. And that’s how I feel about a lot of things in life.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited May 2018
    As I mentioned in a previous topic, I feel that Seasons is an expansion that deeply reflects upon atmosphere more so than anything else. The visuals are definitely very important for a pack like this. As for the snow accumulation, I really want this in the game. However, even without it the winter (based on the trailer) still looks great and wouldn't change my opinion about Seasons. So, I picked "Moderately Important" because I do want the snow accumulation because it does help with atmosphere, but it's not going to ruin the experience for me if it's not in there because it still looks like gorgeous winter scenery. I'm looking forward to pre-ordering on Thursday!
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Personally I think the Seasons look beautiful in the Sims 4. I'm not even thinking about the snow accumulation at all.

I can see why people dislike the lack of accumulation though.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    it's not a deal-breaker for me.. but it's gonna be pretty hard to take a blizzard seriously when there's only a thin coat of snow on the ground
    I picked moderately. Yes it would look nice, but it isn't enough for me to say the whole pack is a failure.

Honestly the only dlc for sims 4 I've been disappointed with so far is MFPS and that picture frame. I've loved prettymuch everything else.

I agree with these statements. I picked moderately important
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    "not at all important", i don't care about this in the slightest tbh.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    I Picked not at all. I honestly didn't even notice until someone else mentioned it. That could change once I play the game, or see a livestream. But I understand why it bothers players. I just didn't really think it looked bad.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I really, really want to see fluffy layers of snow to get that real wintry feel.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    It's not a dealbreaker, but it would improve my game experience by a lot.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    I don't care. I'm only buying the pack for the holidays.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    edited May 2018
    I would be fine if the current worlds got a light snow cover and in the future there would be a northern destination with deeper snow. I would like to have snow accumulation in game somehow, so I picked moderately important.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Maybe they'll lock the deeper snow in higher resolution settings? For me it hardly matters much. Yes, deeper snow accumulation would provide more atmosphere, but it doesn't present me with anything much to complain about this time.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I thought it looked good in the trailer, so not too bothered at all :)
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It only matters to me in the aspect that any weather in any game does. Performance. *shrugs*

That said, there are a bunch of worlds in the game, each with different weather situations, and we've only seen what, one? Maybe two? Also, for the longest time it's been 'gameplay' that's been so important, and that's what I'm interested in. The snow, regardless of what it looks like, is just a texture in the end.

Meanwhile, we have custom holidays, at least two new deaths, Sims reacting to the weather around them, a weather machine, and who knows what else? Other details like swings, giving the holiday pack we already have a good use (as well as Spooky Stuff for that matter), also come into the overall play.

I get that atmosphere, to some degree, matters. But even if snow ends up as little more than paint on a world, it'll be like a drop of water in a 5 gallon bucket, at least imo.

I'm more curious how they'll handle things like heat waves (which I assume will be more present in Oasis Springs). Will it get hazy outside or something? Beyond Sims reacting to it in some way, it's much more difficult to show that.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    It would be pretty disappointing if there is no accumulation cuz it's a pack about weather and this thing is pretty important for snow. At least they should make a toggle to turn it on or off for lower machines. But my computer can handle it and I would like to see that feature.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Not at all important to me, but I can appreciate that other people want it.

The way I see it, we get snow piles, and having the rest of it being relatively shallow means that we don't have to worry about losing homework or outdoor pet bowls, not to mention harvestable plants, underneath three feet of snow.

But yeah, I can see that some people would want it for the sake of realism.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It's not a dealbreaker but it is fairly important. It is also a matter of disillusion. I am not as excited as I should be for this pack and that plums (is not only the snow but also the lack of lounge chairs amongst other things that should be essential in a Seasons pack).

Yet again we'll get an EP lacking major content regarding the main theme of said EP.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited May 2018
    Not really. Had it been a Pack about going skiing in the mountains, then yes, I would expect thick snow.

While some areas around the globe, Snow gets super thick. For the most part, it’s usually just ice with a couple a think layer of snow. It’s usually only thick when it’s been shoveled.

Pretty much what we’ve seen in The Sims 4, is the normal amount of snow.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc3Qftj8vVh9kn6VnTA6LFCkLxRirYNblqQqKCrvcB0hMRNX4CYPcJoV1h

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Not really. Had it been a Pack about going skiing in the mountains, then yes, I would expect thick snow.

While some areas around the globe, Snow gets super thick. For the most part, it’s usually just ice with a couple a think layer of snow. It’s usually only thick when it’s been shoveled.

Pretty much what we’ve seen in The Sims 4, is the normal amount of snow.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc3Qftj8vVh9kn6VnTA6LFCkLxRirYNblqQqKCrvcB0hMRNX4CYPcJoV1h

The thing is that, unlike what we see in the trailer, even in places where there's only a thin layer of snow irl, that layer has texture and also, that layer cover every single object exposed to it.
    Then assuming there will be different intensities of weather depending on the world, Winderburg should definetely have a thick layer of snow. I live in a European city that looks almost exactly like Winderburg and let me tell you, it snows a loooot.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    Not important at all.

If fat snow means the game takes a hit performance-wise, then I can live without fluffier snow.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I guess it would be less important to me if we didn't have it in the previous 2 games.

I know people complain about performance issues with TS3, but even TS2 had better snow (from what we've seen so far in the trailer) and that's a game from 11 years ago. So I'm used to seeing deeper snow and not having it in a game that's only 4 years old is pretty sad in my opinion.
    I appreciate that they want most people to be able to run it, but that's what toggles should be there for - People playing on potatoes play with lower settings while people with good computers increase the settings. But toggles seem to be impossible for TS4...
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I guess I do not really care. The snow is just background looks and I am more into gameplay features. But then, I hate snow IRL too.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It isn't important to me at all. I think Sims games look good either way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top