Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possibly Witches/Magic World as GP for Fall?

Comments

• Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Makin' Magic + Witches and Warlocks!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Fingers and toes crossed - so wanting Magic + Witches and Wizards this fall. And I hope it is as in-depth as they did Vamps.

Gosh I'd be so thrilled.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    witches, seasons, university/school are the things i consider mandatory for the game.

a witches gp or magic ep would be awesome but it depends:
    if it also contains some cool black magic and witches outfits aswell as riding a broom instead of walking (like the vampire transformation even if we cant travel like in sims 3 then just enable the witches sit on the broom all the time while you hover or move around if you choose to hop on it of course)
    wouldnt be interested if we only get talent show magic and unicorn poopers
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I really think this is the year for a Witches gamepack. I imagine it will come out in the late summer or early fall (because I really do believe there will be another expansion before Christmas time!) There has been a pretty good trend for gamepacks of lifestates, vacation worlds, family play and a lifestate is overdue. With the hints given in Laundry Day stuff specifically, I am inclined to believe there will be witches. I really hope they follow the same format as Vampires because they were really well done!
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I hope it comes with a destination world similar to Magic Town. I adored Magic Town.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    be nice to get something completely NEW B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited May 2018
    Honestly idk. After SD released I thought we'd get another vacation pack next but we didn't get one till we were 3 moreGPs in. I'd like to see witches get added and maybe a fortune teller career but who knows we may get a another venue or a GP that expands on an aspect of life like parenthood did. I know many players have been wanting a GP that expands on romance and attraction.
    Post edited by VentusMatt on
  • Options
    LazyGrimLazyGrim Posts: 104 Member
    I'm hoping the reason why they have been waiting so long to release a life state everybody wants (especially after the success of Vampires) is cuz they were waiting for Cats and Dogs the build a good system for familiars. Sims 2&3 used the pets system for this. Hopefully they'll bring back dragons with witches, and use the cats and dogs system to make them behave independently instead of like the bird\object dragons from sims 3. Maybe they'll even bring back snakes, lizards, and newts, and you can talk to them and transform other sims into them. I know MFPS gets a lot of hate, but they did make rodents a lot more interesting than past sims games, and I'm dying to see what they do with reptiles. I want to make a Dark Lord and murder all the Mug- er, normal sims.
    That, or they're gonna wait until after university to launch a full Supernatural expansion instead of a Witches game pack. It would be cool if they did both, though. Waiting a couple more years for some more life states would be agony.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    LazyGrim wrote: »
    I'm hoping the reason why they have been waiting so long to release a life state everybody wants (especially after the success of Vampires) is cuz they were waiting for Cats and Dogs the build a good system for familiars. Sims 2&3 used the pets system for this. Hopefully they'll bring back dragons with witches, and use the cats and dogs system to make them behave independently instead of like the bird\object dragons from sims 3. Maybe they'll even bring back snakes, lizards, and newts, and you can talk to them and transform other sims into them. I know MFPS gets a lot of hate, but they did make rodents a lot more interesting than past sims games, and I'm dying to see what they do with reptiles. I want to make a Dark Lord and murder all the Mug- er, normal sims.
    That, or they're gonna wait until after university to launch a full Supernatural expansion instead of a Witches game pack. It would be cool if they did both, though. Waiting a couple more years for some more life states would be agony.

I would LOVE to have animal familiars again. I agree, having dragons or some sort of magical creature would be awesome, and also pay homage to those who love Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts. I agree--I waited a while to get MFPS, mainly due to $$$, but I've enjoyed it so far. I was surprised at the interactions my sims's dogs and cats do with Sonic. It'd be cool if they had an expansion for Magic Town/Hogwarts type school, but I do want a gamepack for witches, as I felt like since they were able to devote all of their time and funding to Vampires they turned out way better than stuffed in a pack. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Yes need some fantasy in sims 4, me at the moment:
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Oh, please, please, please! :smiley: We need magic!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Would be nice to have, for sure but I want University and Vacation Destinations first. Maybe we could have them at the same time.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    This is my hope, too! I'd really love to get a full blown Magic pack for October! I need more Supernaturals in my life! <3

I never got to play Makin' Magic for Sims 1, so I'm hoping whether via GPs or an Expansion we get witches/magic/hogwarts/magic town type scenario.

Oh, makin magic was a trip, I Loved it.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Would we get an actual lifestate for witches, or just the ability to learn magic?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This Autumn should be the Season of the Witch B)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Would we get an actual lifestate for witches, or just the ability to learn magic?

Not sure...I've been playing the vampires recently more in depth and I like the range of powers and abilities they have--the ability to choose what I want my vampire to be and do. So, I'm hoping it'd be a similar system.

Maybe you could choose one of the four elements, or a combination of two of them? Like earth and air to make a tornado or something. But I would like to have wands we could pick from and a school to go to.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    there are 8 dates for a witches pack to release and it would fit perfectly.
    February 1st (Imbolc)
    March 21st (Ostara/Easter)
    May 1st (Beltane/Walpurgis night)
    June 21st (Summer Solstice)
    August 1st (Lammas)
    October 31st (Samhain/Halloween)
    December 21st (Yule/Winter Solstice)

I hope it is either Lammas, Samhain or in between.
    Not expecting Anything for July.
  • Options
    DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    I hope it's an expansion and not game pack, but seeing as how they released vampires in a game pack worries me that there will be no supernatural EP and they will release bits and pieces as game packs instead which would be really disappointing if so
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I hope it's a new lifestate (or it could be a whole magic pack with witches/warlocks and wizards and 'magic' with magicians/illusionists) LOL. & Although I hate the idea of separate packs, I also like that they'd focus on just one lifestate and the different aspects of that supernatural being. Like they thought of the different strengths and weaknesses system, the dark forms, and the vampire duels. It would be interesting to see how developed they can make witches. Maybe like @ashcrash19 mentioned, it can incorporate the four elements to create certain spells, potions, etc. It could also tie in with seasons. Maybe having stones that can influence moods or increase chances of certain events happening, like healing stones, fertility stones, etc. Maybe they can cast the spell on an inanimate object so that it can do that. Children born into the lifestate could experience new interactions during the teen phase and parents could teach children how to use their abilities. New pet could be snakes!

I liked having the conjure option and the wand in sims 3. So for sims 4, maybe the more that a sim studies lore and alchemy, the more spells they can learn and write down in their spell book. They can come up with new spells or potions by putting ingredients together, picking the influence or positive/negative side effects, naming it, and possibly being able to recreate it with the recipe they wrote down in the spell book and having the ability to sell or gift the potion to others. Being mentored by a witch could also teach them new things that they can't learn from a book or online. Instead of fly like a bat, they can fly with a broom or vacuum (like in Hocus Pocus LOL) just kidding! not really.

But I also liked the stereotypical witch look from Sims 2, having green or sparkly skin, the hats, and corset dresses and coats, even if its just for the master witch/warlock to have a certain look. Also, it could bring back the return of bonehilda, horoscopes, and the gypsies/fortune tellers from Sims 2 and 3!! :smile:

There was some concept art released a while ago of a room with a bunch of cool items, like a crystal ball, voodoo relics, an altar/shrine, boarded up windows, etc. I included the image below as well as images of witches. But it would be so cool to have that in our game! :smiley: It could bring traits like skeptical, gullible, paranoid, etc. Its probably too late now, but it would've been so cool if the supernatural lifestates had different traits that relate to their abilities, rather than the same traits as regular sims.

hocus-pocus-30th-anniversary-look-back-1.jpg11260287_1631119987127699_279684517_n.jpgMTS_Neder-853872-WellRed.jpg
    487978_337894809653630_150954396_n.jpg
    depositphotos_175276646-stock-illustration-vector-illustration-design-beautiful-esoteric.jpg
    latest?cb=20080606072607
    maxresdefault.jpg

I also hope witches comes out soon (august-october please :smile: )
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I keep begging for super long beards like Gandalf, Dumbledore, Merlin or my Dad.
    Witches Pack would be perfect for it
  • Options
    What would be cool would be if they could expand Forgotten Hollow with 5 or 6 lots so that witches are on the same world as Vampires.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    purplereignpurplereign Posts: 111 Member
    I would love Magical University, that was intimated in one of the older surveys years ago.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    TS4 is in desperate need of a new life state. We have sims, aliens, vampires so far as in life states our sims can actually permanently be.
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I can't wait to see what kinds of mages they would let us make, from voodoo (which is oddly enough already kind of in the game with the voodoo doll) to white magic users and everything beyond. It would be great if they made special interactions between witches and vampires as well.
  • Options
    Not necesserily just witches but something to do wiht learning magic I would like.