Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favorite cheat code

Comments

• Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I used to use motherlode a lot. At one point I could type it faster than my own full name. But I sorta grew out of it. Now, my favourite cheat is probably the teleportation cheat, which needs testingcheatsenabled true. I'm also quite partial to buydebug, I love sifting around in the "miscellaneous" section and looking at all the cool stuff I can buy, like lifetime reward objects :tongue:
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

Because I use the NRaas Mastercontroler mod and its add-on mods, I don't use that many cheat codes. Definitely "buydebug on" and "moveobject on" (I don't count the testingcheats one since that is needed for all the others, so goes without saying.)

If I didn't have MasterController my most used cheat code would be "Edit in CAS".
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Can't say I have a favorite, that's sort of like asking what my favorite key on a keyboard is. To me cheat codes are merely a way to get things done quickly and out of the way, not counting ones that help us get through game glitches and other things that should just never have happened.

But I sure find myself reaching for restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off often enough lately. That's because I'm currently playing in Bridgeport though and have been for quite a while, so I guess that's not as relevant for other worlds. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I'm on the same page as those that enjoy playing without money cheats.
    I'd say "buydebug on", "placeFriezes on" and "moveobjects on" are the ones I use the most. I always turn them off while playing.
  • Options
    pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm on the same page as those that enjoy playing without money cheats.
    I'd say "buydebug on", "placeFriezes on" and "moveobjects on" are the ones I use the most. I always turn them off while playing.

What does "placeFriezes on" do?

Never mind, I found it, it's the answer I've been looking for forever! Friezes are GREAT, exactly what I wanted to do! Here's the howto I found:

Friezes - The Sims 3 Wiki Guide - IGN http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-3/Friezes
    Post edited by pax1sw on
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Constrainfloorelevation false <.<
    :p
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited May 2018
    Money cheats takes away the fun of simming for me, I personally prefer my sim to earn their money with their own capabilities, even if that involves them being a gold digger :p
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I only use keyboard cheats when I have to becuase my game has over 700 Mod files installed and I usually use Mods to replace cheating.I used to need freerealestate a lot though not so much with my fixing the buy mode issues with object pricing using S3OC to clone and reprice EA buy mode objects.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    My most used cheat is probably buydebug, so I guess you could call it my favorite.

Others I use often:
    testingcheatsenabled
    moveobjects
    placefriezes
    constrainfloorelevation
    restrictbuildbuyinbuildings
    freerealestate

Occasionally I also use:
    unlockoutfits
    hideheadlineeffects
    moviemakercheatsenabled
    disablesnappingtoslotsonalt
  • Options
    NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2018
    Nothing can ever beat the testingcheats cheat. I feel like I use it the most in the sims 4 cos moodlets deplete so quickly and it’s the only way to get my sims to stop complaining or dying.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    edited May 2018
    I used maxmotives a lot when I had Late Night because my Sims were typically low on Hunger, Energy, or something else late at night, and I wanted them to have a good time.

I rarely use cheats now, except to reset Sims.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I hear ya; I hate when a sim gets to go out at night and then they are about to fall over asleep. Especially when its only 8:00 pm LOL
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Testingcheatsenabled true. It just does so much. I use it a lot to trigger birthdays, access CAS, delete ugly/unnecessary objects that are ruining a screenshot. If I need to adjust needs or relationship or performance values... I try not to do those just to do them but like if I've lost some save progress or something, just to plow through getting back on track... and this does happen often enough (I'm not good at actually saving my game lol).

Moveobjects on. I like being able to place things where I want. I like using poses and this is pretty essential for that. And it's good for moving those pesky townies and paparazzi out of the way of a screenshot... and just those "controlled" sims that aren't very well controlled.

Hideheadlineeffects on. Because screenshots.

I don't really do the money cheat thing very often. Maybe once in a while I'll throw my sims a motherlode wedding gift or something. But I feel like money cheats aren't super necessary and idk it makes the game kind of boring for me. Then again most of my families now are years old so they have all their well-earned millions already haha so I guess I just don't really need money cheats now. Mostly I just care about the screenshots and the story I'm going after.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

Moveobjects on. I like being able to place things where I want. I like using poses and this is pretty essential for that. And it's good for moving those pesky townies and paparazzi out of the way of a screenshot... and just those "controlled" sims that aren't very well controlled.
    Just a note here for others possibly not as experienced with the game. MOO on sims is fine if one is setting up poses and screenshots but has no intention of saving the game session and playing it forward afterwards. It should never be used on sims of any kind in a session that is meant to be played forward as it can lead to sim and/or game corruption. The same can be said of testingcheatsenabled shift-clicks to delete sims as if they were objects.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2018
    I always use testingcheatsenabled true, then buydebug, then RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off. (put those three in every time I start my game).

• Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I use testingcheatsenabled true all the time, guess that would be my all time favorite. Second to that would be freerealestate on. I sometimes use buydebug and moveobjects on. I rarely use motherlode, because once they are in a good house (with freerealestate on, of course) I can get them a job or sell things or find things to make money when they need it for bills or to redecorate or whatnot.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    testingcheatsenabled
    buydebug
    unlockoutfits
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

Just a note here for others possibly not as experienced with the game. MOO on sims is fine if one is setting up poses and screenshots but has no intention of saving the game session and playing it forward afterwards. It should never be used on sims of any kind in a session that is meant to be played forward as it can lead to sim and/or game corruption. The same can be said of testingcheatsenabled shift-clicks to delete sims as if they were objects.

VERY good advice!

I use a sim's NRaas menu and 'reset' annoying sims (usually paparazzi) who get stuck at my front door stomping their feet and griping to get in. If I don't Overwatch often gives me a message that sim is 'unroutable' anyway.
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    RestrictBuildBuy and buydebug
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    Kaching, familyfunds (name here), motherlode and testingcheatsenabled true. Those are my most commonly used cheats. The testing cheats cheat is my favorite, next to the money cheats.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited May 2018
    And now, the game is here,
    Amd so I face, a hard decision,
    Do I cheat and give my sims.
    Some money they'll need, of it is certain.

If they have needs, I fill,
    I tweak and top it right away,
    I have no guilt, it's true
    I do it my WAY.

ZpteZfMi_400x400.jpg

:D familyfunds, buydebug, anything goes. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Motherlode and testingcheatsenabled so I can alter their needs. Oh and freerealestate
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Kaching, familyfunds (name here), motherlode and testingcheatsenabled true. Those are my most commonly used cheats. The testing cheats cheat is my favorite, next to the money cheats.

I love your avatar's dress; its very summery :)

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    pax1sw wrote: »

I use a sim's NRaas menu and 'reset' annoying sims (usually paparazzi) who get stuck at my front door stomping their feet and griping to get in. If I don't Overwatch often gives me a message that sim is 'unroutable' anyway.

I use Master Controller >> Basic >> Go Home for those annoying paparazzi, or even invited sims who overstay their welcome.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    pax1sw wrote: »

I use Master Controller >> Basic >> Go Home for those annoying paparazzi, or even invited sims who overstay their welcome.

I'm guilty of using those too, it's just that I've been defaulting to 'reset sim' lately. :p