Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hourglass Legacy Saga. RETURNS!!!

Comments

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    @LONESTAR2330 I think your doing a fabulous job with this story and Nicky too!! <3<3

@AudreyFld is wonderful!! <3<3

Awww... thank you! :blush:<3

He is doing a great job. Nicky needed some love. <3
  • Options
    LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    @haswh Thank you very much
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    HELLO ALL

Collaboration with New Beginnings

I know most if not all of you began reading my story through @AudreyFld but those that haven't should know that we have been collaborating for quiet sometime. It has been a great adventure. Our characters crossover into each others stories and we give different perspectives of the events that take place. Right now I am focusing on Mickey and Nicky's POV, and @AudreyFld is focusing on Cole's POV. If you have read either of our stories you know these characters. It has been a lot of fun and I encourage everyone to take a look at both stories. It is not required, but it does enhance things a bit and you get to see things from multiple points of view. You also get a more rounded understanding of the characters. If you would like to check out the latest chapter of NEW Beginnings...click here Check out this amazing storyteller if you have not already.

Posting Schedule

@AudreyFld and I post on the same days. So we can be sure that everyone gets a double dose of fun. Our posting days are Sunday and Thursday.
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I actually started reading yours because of the casting call you put out for the current generation. It sparked my interest. I do love the way the two of you are collaborating.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @Skcaga6 Awesome. I always appreciate your feedback and thanks for reading. I think I came across several stories myself the same way, although aside from Audrey's I never submitted any sims to casting calls. Maybe I should start. I have been a writer most of my life, and although I did write a Sims 2 story, and a Sims 3 story this is the first time I have shared my saga to this degree. This is also the first time I have been a regular part of the Sims communities. The collaboration is a lot of fun. Originally it was supposed to be this small thing maybe doing one big story, but the more @AudreyFld and I talked the bigger it became and now...lol...well you see...
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Chapter Seventeen of Sins of the Father is posted....A special thanks to @AudreyFld for helping me with the screenshots and poses. She also helped me pick the music.
    rDGEfhX.png
    Nicky has a life changing night....
    Post edited by LONESTAR2330 on
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,253 Member
    edited July 2018
    Uh-oh, I'm getting a Page Not Found message.
    Update: Clicking on Chapter Seventeen does not work. Clicking on Sins of the Father does. Not sure why Seventeen is trying to link back to the forum.
    image.png
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    @LONESTAR2330 I have a tiny casting call up right now that ends today. Just need a couple patients for a couple chapters I'm doing in the next week or two. I have a big casting call for my next generation that I will be posting next weekend (or around there). There will be specific things I am looking for in those characters. I would be thrilled with a sim of yours in my story. :) I do tend to be a bit mean to my sims though. lol I've killed several already.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    That was wonderful and I am so proud of Nicky for doing that! <3 I'm super glad that she is now letting Mickey go to see her sing. She also has a lot more confidence now after being with Mickey. He is good for her. Well as long as he can keep his little secret! I fear sooner rather than later it will come out! :# And so they are in love! <3 Young love always feels so great. :)
  • Options
    @TresaofPern Link fixed. Had a little typo in the code

@Skcaga6 I will take a look.

@haswh I am very proud of Nicky too. I think being with Mickey, helps her find that strength and confidence she didn't know she had.
    Mickey's secret I am sure is going to come up at some point and how she reacts...I am not sure. While I doubt she will be as understanding as Riya was with Garret, I think people might be surprised how she handles it.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Nicky is growing as a musician based on her performance (and the things leading up to it). I hope Mickey catches Cole creepily staring them down at some point.
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 She just might. Things with Mickey and Cole I have a feeling are soon to come to a head. And I can't imagine them being pretty.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Chapter Eighteen is now posted!!!

7suncor.png
    The Blake/Murdock feud escalates, with Nicky caught in the middle.
  • Options
    Mickey thinks that Cole is there to congratulate Nicky nothing horrible. That was thoughtful of him. He's not a bad guy deep down just in some of his work. :) I didn't think that was a black out till after it happened and we found out. It would have been mush worse for Cole if Nicky hadn't shown up! :o:#

So now Nicky is becoming part of the family. I know that makes her feel welcome and happy but I wonder how long that will last. :/

Great update! :)
  • Options
    @haswh I hope Nicky is her for the long haul, I think she is good for Mickey and Mickey no doubt good for her. It is still unknown how she will react to his "other life" I don't think she will be as understanding as Riya was with Garret. For now though, Nicky has no intention of going anywhere.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I love how Nicky is growing and coming into her own in your story! <3 And thank goodness she was there or my story would have a new heir. Although Ami might be fun, she’s spunky. <3 Haha! I am very happy she decided to stay instead of leave with Cole. She was scared, but decided to stop being so afraid! <3
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Knowing Mickey's fighting experience (and what he did to that former colleague while in a fighting zone) made Cole extremely lucky that he only came out of this with just the cut and bruise on his face and not worse.
  • Options
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    I love how Nicky is growing and coming into her own in your story! <3 And thank goodness she was there or my story would have a new heir. Although Ami might be fun, she’s spunky. <3 Haha! I am very happy she decided to stay instead of leave with Cole. She was scared, but decided to stop being so afraid! <3
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Knowing Mickey's fighting experience (and what he did to that former colleague while in a fighting zone) made Cole extremely lucky that he only came out of this with just the cut and bruise on his face and not worse.

@AudreyFld Nicky is definitely growing and it has been a trill writing her. it is a good thing Nicky was there...if she hadn't been, you would have a new heir and Mickey might be in prison.

@VanPelt81 Yes, after seeing what he did to Tony, I would be very worried about Cole...but luckily her did only get out of there with a few bruises and a busted pride, all of which will heal. I hope.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
    I will start wrapping up Sins of the father, and will be moving on to a whole new saga called Arving Heights.
    Arving Heights is going to be a whole new saga with a different take on some familiar characters, and I will also be introducing some new characters as well. I decided to do this mainly because I want to get back to doing an ensemble cast and breath some new life into my creations. In this new story, I will use the BuildNewcrest Challenge with a twist. Instead of doing it by generations, I will be doing it by seasons, kinda like a a TV show. This way we can get to know the entire Ensemble and each character will have a role to play in the development of Newcrest.

I will keep you guys updated on developments as they come.

Now i know this will bum you Mickey fans out, however don't you guys worry, you will be seeing Mickey some in @AudreyFld story New Beginnings and I will be hopping over there ever so often to guest write when they show up. In the meantime....here is a sneak peek at a couple of images for Season One of Arving Heights, coming soon.....

7XUJStL.png
    THE GUYS
    From left to right: Robert "R.J." Lawson Jr. Randy Wyatt, Garret Blake.

r9wOiXQ.png
    THE GALS
    From left to right: Helen Watkins, Riya Ramesh, Linh Tien
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I will not be posting today. However over in New Beginnings we see what happens after the fight between Mickey and Cole. I will post the first of a three part story that will end Sins of the Father and The Hourglass Legacy I know I only dis two Generations maybe One and half, but I will be coming back to bring you an all new story called Arving Heights.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I wasn't going to post today but I knocked this chapter out quicker than I thought I would.

Chapter Nineteen of Sins of the Father is now posted.

BbFbkwD.png
    Mickey and Nicky meet with Cole and Yasmine
    Xse5oKD.png
    Mickey and Nicky discuss their future
    7RLFSTv.png
    Nicky gets the shock of her life.
  • Options
    Oh, no! Nice dramatic ending there. Sad to see this one ending, but you have to do what's best for you. You're welcome to keep using my boys if you want.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @TresaofPern Sins of the Father is not over yet. It still has a few chapters to wrap up. I will be ending Hourglass, but Audrey is going to take over these characters and use them as background characters and I will be co-writing some of those chapters. We have one more major crossover story arc we want to do so we will do those in New Beginnings. So who knows, once I get Arving Heights going I might even come back and pick up on Gen 3 and do both.
  • Options
    That's good to know. I hope you do decide to write both..
    image.png
  • Options
    And the drama builds! Looking forward to Nicky's reaction. :o:#