Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Forum "Feature" (intentional or bug?)

igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
edited March 2018 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Hi there. Let me see if I can describe this without using screenshots at first. This just started happening yesterday or today and I've noticed it on the pages that list out members' reacted to threads (Likes, Insightfuls, Awesomes) including our own, could be elsewhere as well.

Old behavior: We used to get a preview of the posts with a "more" button that slid the entry down and revealed it in its entirety while still staying on the same list page.

New behavior: Now all the posts listed that way begin with the literal entry "(quote)" instead of showing a portion of the actual quote if there was one and end with the literal entry "((more))" with the double parentheses that instead of doing the slide-down, actually takes us to the thread page when clicked upon. We could already get to the thread page by clicking on the title or date before.

Is this intentional or some kind of code rendering failure? If the former, of course this isn't a major thing, but I preferred the older behavior much better.
o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
NRaas has moved!
Our new site is at http://nraas.net

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've noticed these changes last Monday actually, but I didn't quite know if they were errors in the forum coding so I left it. I also prefer the old behavior as well, it worked pretty well before.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    I've noticed these changes last Monday actually
    That's odd, I saw the change happen before my eyes on Friday (I think it was) upon refreshing the screen. At one point I had a page showing the old behavior in one tab and the new one in another. Maybe the change, intentional or otherwise, was happening intermittently at first.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I've noticed the font is also different on some browsers for some reason. Doesn't look as nice, IMHO.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    For a brief moment, I was able to view the exact people who clicked Insightful, Like, or Awesome on posts, not just the number but the actual usernames.

I kinda liked it. I think they should bring that back. Why so secretive ya know?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    For a brief moment, I was able to view the exact people who clicked Insightful, Like, or Awesome on posts, not just the number but the actual usernames.

I kinda liked it. I think they should bring that back. Why so secretive ya know?
    Off-topic, but OMG there will be five or six people here who think I have some sort of mad, romantic crush on them! (runs around wildly unLiking and unAwesoming things...)

Wait a minute. Why would I care? (runs around putting the reactions all back again)
    :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited March 2018
    igazor wrote: »

Off-topic, but OMG there will be five or six people here who think I have some sort of mad, romantic crush on them! (runs around wildly unLiking and unAwesoming things...)

Wait a minute. Why would I care? (runs around putting the reactions all back again)

I give awesomes to those who I think are cool.

Not that I was the one who gave you an awesome or anything... :*

But originally you could see who likes who's stuff but as we had disagree back then some players got upset. 'Why did you give me a disagree?' So the mods made it hidden but from time to time there is a slight glitch and when that happens you can see who likes other people's stuff and it turns out that the ones who like my stuff are the same players I engage with often :smile:
    Post edited by king_of_simcity7 on
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

I give awesomes to those who I think are cool.

Not that I was the one who gave you an awesome or anything... :*

But originally you could see who likes who's stuff but as we had disagree back then some players got upset. 'Why did you give me a disagree?' So the mods made it hidden but from time to time there is a slight glitch and when that happens you can see who likes other people's stuff and it turns out that the ones who like my stuff are the same players I engage with often :smile:

So since the disagree is gone I think they should make them visible again
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member

That was something that not everyone could see depending on which internet browser one was using. I use IE and it wasn't working for that browser. I do believe that when others could seem who hit what, it was just a glitch in the system as the moderators had never intended for anyone to see that info. I know SimGuruDrake is no longer with EA but she did say that was something that they wouldn't let happen again as they want to make the site safe for others to use since some people had gotten attacked by others when they wanted to know why that person had disagreed with them.

And yes, I know that we have different buttons now but someone would make a big stink about getting way too many Awesome's on threads/posts containing sad news about someone's misfortunes and death, and then they would yell that all the buttons need to go so that they don't get abused in such a way. But of course, they are some members who would rather see them all gone as there are some that do believe that they are still being abuse because some said that they were still going to use that to replace the Disagree/lol buttons.

But back on topic, yes I've noticed the ((More)) at the end of the posts on the Like's, Insightful's and Awesome's page the other day and would rather much prefer the old way instead of this way as this way takes you to the thread that they're in instead of staying on the page that you're looking at.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

I do believe this (the ((more)) part) was a forum platform update and it is working as intended, but thank you very much for the feedback on this.

As for seeing who selected what reaction to a post, that might have been a temporary bug as these should not be displaying publicly.

(And yes I am back from my vacation, did everyone behave?)

-Mage
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Had to give you an awesome for that and I admit it.

I think people had more problems with the LOL being used for mocking purposes though than the disagree. I do remember getting disagrees though for every post though even bland ones it was weird to me that I would get disagreed with if I said the sky was blue but it happened. I like the changes overall not that that's the topic but it went there so thought I'd pop in with my opinion.

*fidgets and nods* yes @EA_Mage we all behaved.. promise. We always do.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hi all,

I do believe this (the ((more)) part) was a forum platform update and it is working as intended, but thank you very much for the feedback on this.

As for seeing who selected what reaction to a post, that might have been a temporary bug as these should not be displaying publicly.

(And yes I am back from my vacation, did everyone behave?)

-Mage

No worries, Momma Lanna's been keeping all the crazy kids in line! ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top