May 22 - Let's walk around the forums together, this week's Friday Highlight is here!
May 21, 11AM PT - Save the time for Eco Lifestyle livestream! Details here.
May 21 - Take a look at SimGuruConor's latest deep dive into Nifty Knitting: learn more about Plopsy!

Building a Dive Lot and Other Tutorials

KarritzKarritz Posts: 20,140 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 3 Builders
My latest video is about building a dive lot. I used Sunlit Tides as the world in which to build my dive lot. I have also used this method to build working dive lots in Barnacle Bay and Cake Island (a CC world made by @Rflong7 and in which I placed a family of mermaids who developed a need for a dive lot and this led to me deciding to make a video of how I do it).

How to build a dive lot in the Sims 3.

How to decorate the dive lot will be the subject of the next video I make.

I'm a bit nervous about this one - so please let me know if you can follow it and make a successful dive lot.

Happy Simming and Happy Dive Lot Building
Post edited by Karritz on

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 20,140 Member
    The tutorial video on how to decorate a dive lot is now on YouTube

I hope you have fun with it.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,913 Member
    That was very informative! Thank you for sharing it with us. I think your step by step video was organized well and people can definitely use this to create their own dive lots. :smiley:
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    I LOVE to go diving with my sins, and have always wondered how to do this. THANK YOU for sharing this, as I will be watching again and again to take notes (I have a bad memory so not cause of you. hehe). Thank you again! Woot! :D
    @60smusicluvr and @Morakai thank you for your comments. I do hope you find the tutorials useful and easy to follow.

I thought I'd put a link to this one about setting the imported terrain offset here too because that cheat is used in the build a dive lot video.

I'll do another dive lot video later - that one will be about fixing existing dive lots that have boats and sims flying through the air when they cross the lot boundary. I have a few of them to fix in my games and will do the video when I get around to fixing them.

I'm currently working on the next episode of one of my story videos - the one about Oscar and Louise. It should be up in a day or so as I'm also doing other things.
    This is the link to my tutorial video on CFE cheat in Sims 3. It just shows how to put a door into a foundation height wall and have the wall for the next level above wrap around it.

There are a few other tips too. Just things that I do to make the process easier and less likely to lead to frustration or failure. Step by Step.
    edited March 2018
    My tutorial on building a port and placing the gangplank and adding a houseboat is now finally on YouTube and available for viewing.

The two worlds I used for this video are Roaring Heights and Sunlit Tides. You can see my testing sims driving the houseboat and returning it to the gangplank in both worlds - although in Roaring Heights it was night time and I forgot to add lights so you can't see much other than the houseboat moving. In Sunlit Tides it was bright sunshine and clearly visible.

Enjoy I hope you find it useful if you do decide to watch.

Happy Simming
    The tutorial video on how to place stairs inside a foundation is up on YouTube and ready to view.

Happy Simming
    Tutorial - how to build into the side of a hill or slope

I had another go - no video though unless someone really needs it.

It is on a steeper hill. I left 2 tiles between inner and outer walls all around the hilly parts on the lower levels.

Screenshot-98.jpg

Screenshot-97.jpg

Screenshot-96.jpg

Screenshot-95.jpg

Screenshot-94.jpg

Screenshot-93.jpg

Screenshot-92.jpg

Screenshot-91.jpg
    Here is the link to the tutorial on adding a staircase to a basement on a sloping lot.

My latest tutorial is now on YouTube. It shows placing a spiral staircase from the ground down to a basement, then placing another spiral staircase down to the next basement down.

This is the link to the video with the process and numbers for the scale colours of all four of the Isla Paradiso mermaids. It also shows how to fix them using Master Controller and the mirror.

A very short video about adding a World Adventures type Base Camp to other worlds.

The tutorial on adding dormer windows into your builds is now on YouTube for anyone who is interested.

I've shown gable dormers, flat dormers, shed dormers, hip dormers and the dormer that comes with the Now and Then Century Manor set from the store. It's just decorative.
    This is just a way I've worked out that is a bit fiddly, but will get venues, lots or households to show up in your library if they've been installed and have subsequently gone missing from the library.

I put this solution up on Answers HQ a few months ago - maybe longer - and people seem to like it. It's the way I do it and it has worked for me so far. If you have the problem and would like to see how I do it, here's the video.

I hope it helps someone.
    The tutorial showing how to build a multi level house into the side of a steep hill is now live on YouTube

I think the title says it all - but you get to see how to get the terrain snugly around the walls, how to place steps from various levels to the terrain outside, and you'll see my tester sim testing the stairs and a few other things.

Happy Simming